It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madden's simulation of the Super Bowl predicted the exact final score

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
theverge

EA Sports has been running Super Bowl simulations using Madden for more than a decade now with a respectable record of nine correct predictions and three false ones. However, this year it didn't just pick the winning team, it also foresaw that the Patriots would be trailing in the third quarter only for Tom Brady to deliver a game-clinching pass to Julian Edelman for a final score of 28-24. Yahoo Tech notes that the simulator also got some of the finer details right, including the first team to score, Brady's number of touchdowns — and was also only 27 yards off nailing the quarterback's total passing yardage.

Very spooky stuff. If the crazy ending to the game was not enough now this. I honestly was left wondering after watching that game. Some of the most surprising plays one could fit into the game. Complete with the basically walk off play of the game had the player honestly saying he had a vision it would happen. Of coarse many would say that but the emotion seemed real.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
My dads old mobster bookie must have had the same game back in the seventies...Huh?

Wait just a darn minute. They didn't have computer simulations back then. Oh, wait. They did have mobsters calling plays back then just like today.

Wake the Hell up. NFL is a racket. The "super bowl" sure woke a lot of people up this year.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
To me this is even spookier,

Bill kissing his daughter

Bet they didn't do this in Madden.
edit on 2 2 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
To me this is even spookier,

Bill kissing his daughter

Bet they didn't do this in Madden.

I could have gone all day without seeing that image.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
you mean wrestling isnt real??!

Kidding. But seriously, are you surprised? Even the halftime show wasn't a real performance

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I wonder if both teams were CPU controlled... If they were, than that is quite interesting. In some ways it makes me wonder how intelligent these simulations are becoming. I wonder if Madden '16 will predict this well next year, or if it was just a lucky fluke. I am thinking it was just luck of the draw, but who knows these days.
edit on 2/2/2015 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mcChoodles
My dads old mobster bookie must have had the same game back in the seventies...Huh?

Wait just a darn minute. They didn't have computer simulations back then. Oh, wait. They did have mobsters calling plays back then just like today.

Wake the Hell up. NFL is a racket. The "super bowl" sure woke a lot of people up this year.

Yeah because I'm sure the mob said "hey Kearse how about you catch one after bouncing it off your legs a few times"
You can't script half the crazy things that happen in the NFL. This isn't WWE.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I do not really believe it is fake.

How would they get such people to perform so well.

In wrestling you can clearly see the fake in it.

These are not the type of people that would remember everything that would go into putting on that type of show.

I do see many ways the game is manipulated but at what age do they introduce to the players that it is fake?

Logic says it is not fake and that something bigger is happening here.

Why would a coach be so excited over a script going correct that he does that with his daughter?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee

I wonder if both teams were CPU controlled... If they were, than that is quite interesting. In some ways it makes me wonder how intelligent these simulations are becoming. I wonder if Madden '16 will predict this well next year, or if it was just a lucky fluke. I am thinking it was just luck of the draw, but who knows these days.

I think if we factor in the recent north korea outrage over the interview and the hebdo event over cartoons then we can start to see that perhaps imagination land is real in many ways. Several religions have strong messages against such.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Havox

It was like the guy landed in a well or some force was around him herding the ball.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
What happened to "anything can happen on any given Sunday" ??

Second.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Madden probably hired some really good statisticians and computer savvy college kids to fine-tune his game, and it seems it finally paid off big with a near-perfect prediction of this year's event. Worth his weight in publicity.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Second what?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Found out an odd fact about this today. Apparently the Madden Super Bowl Predictions have been correct 9 out of 12 times. That's pretty crazy.

Annual EA Super Bowl simulation

Since 2004, EA games has run a simulation of the Super Bowl using the latest game in the Madden NFL series and announced the result. The game simulations conducted by EA have correctly predicted nine of the last twelve Super Bowl winners, with an exact final score prediction for the 2015 game that also predicted a score of 14-24 in favor of Seattle in the third quarter.[91] The predictions were incorrect in 2008, 2011, and in 2014. EA also releases a computer-generated description of the simulated game as if it were a summary of the real Super Bowl. The results of the simulated and actual Super Bowl games are listed below.
source

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
If a group of 100 men armed with Ak-47s were to appear outside your home the day before you played and a man were to step up and say, "When the 3rd quarter ends, this is what is going to happen", you don't think you'd be scared poopless? It's not that hard to buy off someone when it comes to millions and millions of dollars.

The last play was a weirdly bad call by the coach. If they had run it, they would have had the touchdown.

I personally liked the Colorado commercial where the TV pretended to cut out and the words "What would you do if your TV went out" or something like that.
I had a chuckle

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I think that's all it is really. Madden predicted the more general aspects of the game which isn't that hard to do with the right qualified people and all the facts. All the little intricacies, like the last call by the Hawks.......the weird catches, etc..... are what went into the game to make the general aspects like the total passing yards, final score, etc....what they are. You can't predict the intricacies because there are no stats for those.

It just leaves a person wondering what is more important...........the end result or how it got to be what it is?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: mcx1942

Literally straight from the OP..

EA Sports has been running Super Bowl simulations using Madden for more than a decade now with a respectable record of nine correct predictions and three false ones.

edit on 3-2-2015 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27
And they would have never been in the position they were when the terrible call was made if Kearse hadn't made a crazy catch. A catch that nobody can script or scare you into making. Please stop.
WWE is easy to fake. 2 guys, pick a winner, create a dance.
UFC and Boxing even. Pay off the judges if it comes down to it.
NFL is a lot more complex. You can't script the stuff that happens.

edit on 3-2-2015 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

You make a good point but the total passing yds were predicted within 25 yrds that brady threw and add to that his passing total for that game set an nfl superbowl record by much.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
So...more argument for simulated universe? LOL! Anyways....can't unsee that pic...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join