It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Bitcoin Elite' to Gather on Secret Island for Bilderberg-Style Retreat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I know some people think Bitcoin is somehow a fantastic thing. However, I cannot help feeling that it is a con and exemplifies all that is bad in capitalism. That is, creating money out of nothing. The fact that people are getting rich out of it is just sad.

Regards

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
I know some people think Bitcoin is somehow a fantastic thing. However, I cannot help feeling that it is a con and exemplifies all that is bad in capitalism. That is, creating money out of nothing. The fact that people are getting rich out of it is just sad.

Regards

Right you are. People fail to see that bitcoin is nothing more than fiat currency in electronic format? There is no real commodity to back it up, and it would be naive to assume that these "puppet masters" didnt leave themselves a back door into the programming.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
They meet upon bitcoin pirate island Tortuga, the pirate port.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hopefully first item on the agenda will be the lynching of Mark karpeles!

edit on 3-2-2015 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is all just media hype. At least they're bringing up Bilderberg to draw more attention to it though; those meetings are (imo) much more comprehensive and has attendees that have more sway in affecting the future than a group of bitcoin/virtual currency ever could, at least for now.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
Reality will set in. When they know for a fact that they can bleed to death.

There is another way to "bleed" the system.

Meet Darkleaks, a Bitcoin-Powered Black Market for Secrets
www.coindesk.com...

The software uses bitcoin’s blockchain to encrypt files which are released when payment is claimed by the leaker. Files are split into segments and encrypted. These segments are unlocked only when the leaker reveals the key by claiming his bitcoins."

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
They meet upon bitcoin pirate island Tortuga, the pirate port.

Not there, if it were I would be invited or at least invite myself and if that fails at least I could possibly commandeer one of their ships, or private jets while they are having their little meeting.

One of the biggest things that separates the BitCoin from the fiat currency we currently fight over is there will be only a finite number of them made. It is also based on an algorithm not debt. The encrypted transactions make it more secure that a standard CC transaction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join