It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Would Allow Texas Teachers to Use Deadly Force Against Students

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I have a feeling nothing at all will come of this. Teachers won't be gunning down students in the hallway. Teachers become teachers to EMPOWER children. It certainly ain't about the money, teachers make diddly in the U.S.

Does anyone REALLY believe a teacher would kill a student unless they were in very real danger of losing their life?

This is just a right-wing harumph campaign and a thumb in the eye of progressives. It's politics, simple as that. Nobody is getting killed over this.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

If I check your post history...

Are you confident that all 10,903 posts would be related to America?

Sure...

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

And yet you seem to be fairly aggressively pursuing their sentiments you state you 'don't care about'

Don't get me wrong. When foreigner chime in on things that really have nothing to do with them, is pisses me off. Basically like the neighbor with the crappy yard, yelling over the fence about something in my yard.
But, the knowing that 99% come across like the uppity neighbor, who's yard is worse, just makes it all the better.
And then, for those same people to bitch about the US interjecting in the affairs on other countries is the cherry on top.

I just needed to add the word progressive here, I'm NOT sure you used it enough in that post.

This is a Republican bill yes? How is this a progressive initiative being hyped? Oh you mean no one can reply in detraction to the bill without being labelled progressive as an insult?

And who said Progressives are just confined to the Dem party??
Not me.

Childish debate tactic.

Says the person with the banjo playing incest based offspring child as their avatar.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
And when did I say what you offered was unreasonable?

Now you are offering something else.

Stay focused.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

It's Brain Surgery to understand I really do want you and others like you to continue on.

Banter away. I love reading the ignorant statements of those that are half a globe away.

By all means, the stage is yours.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Don't get me wrong. When foreigner chime in on things that really have nothing to do with them, is pisses me off.

Then perhaps you should go to an American-only forum where you can beat your chest and Hooah America to your hearts content without all us 'pesky foreigners' ruining your vision of how the world (aka America) should be?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Don't get me wrong. When foreigner chime in on things that really have nothing to do with them, is pisses me off.

Then join a American only forum.

Sorry ATS is a international forum so you will have to talk to us dirty " foreigners".
edit on 3-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Says the person with the banjo playing incest based offspring child as their avatar.

My avatar is off topic and another childish attack on something you know nothing about the reasoning behind it. Quick to jump to conclusions.

And who said Progressives are just confined to the Dem party??
Not me.

Nor did I. But by all means use the term again….. I will never see it as anything other than a compliment. So thank you in advance each time you use it

How do you know what US policy has to do with them? US domestic policy is far reaching globally economically, politically and militarily. It is naive to suggest it doesn't. I'm a dual citizen, there may be others with work connections with the US, a child or family member living here, a close friend is a teacher here, or a child sent to school here. Who the hell are you to decide they have no say whatsoever? Bugger off with your insistence they are silenced.

I prefer to hear what people think than block my ears and yell in their faces, I see you do that, and it reinforces for me that you are afraid of hearing and what they say may challenge your sensibilities. Otherwise, why care what they think unless you fear it challenges you? Staying the same makes your brain stagnant. Progressive forward thinking makes me smile, and no loud mouthed fellow yank will silence me nor other members on ATS from showing how they are a thinking global community .

edit on 3-2-2015 by zazzafrazz because: typo

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
USA has gone Back to the Old West !
you best be ready to Draw!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

You'd be surprised how much I know despite coming from London...
Global affairs interest me...
That's why I joined a Globally motivated website to learn, and share opinions...

So, book smart. Any real world experience outside of London?

Morallity is not exclusive to you in this topic...
I could know less than nothing about your Politics and Law and still know that shooting someone for petty theft with no threat of injury, is the mindset of either a Gun Rights Pusher (rather than defender) or a complete sociopath...

See, you keep pitching this whole morality thing, only to basically ignore the first action is based in immoral action. Theft/stealing...
Now, would I personally shoot someone for stealing say, a bike from my yard? No.
Do I have a problem necessarily with someone else doing so? Not really.
Cause and effect. Pure and simple. And the fact I have a huge issue with people that break the law, and the people that enable them with the "poor people" sob story BS, is the driving factor.
Now, would I shoot someone for breaking into my house? In a heart beat. With no remorse.
And please, ignorantly banter on with the "gun rights" angle. I do love it when a fool opens their mouth.
Let's hear YOUR take on OUR gun rights.

Do you have an intelligent rebuttal to anything that's been said in this thread...

Because so far all you've done is insult people, complain about people's opinions, make assumptions and act as a stooge for the Law Makers...

Hmmmm, guess I will have to add some different complexities to this.
What assumptions have I made? Was it that I know and understand the laws and culture of a foreign country? Noooo.
Was it that I get why people still wear fedoras? Not in the least.

Oh, I know. I assumed that you owned a car. Ya got me.

The Wild West era of "shoot that guy for his minor transgression" is long gone...
& if it were to return, as a Law Makers lacky, you wouldn't be that popular anyways...

WOW. Much assumptions here.

Hey, MR. Global Affairs. You are aware that the "Wild West" life, as portrayed by Hollywood is false.
I am sure that since you are so very much educated in US History, that you know that the shoot-out scenarios were few and far between.
And since YOU brought up Gun Rights, I am sure that you know the history revolving around that.

I already explained the Fedora situation...
Do not assume that I advocate for theft...
I just think there is a better way to deal with it than a Hollow Tip to the back of the head...

What is a "Hollow Tip"? Is that a fake offering to a waitress?
If your going to attempt to make an insulting remark, you should at the very least get your terms correct.
A "Hollow Point" is a type of projectile loaded into a self defense round.
A "Hollow Tip" is........I really have no clue. Maybe it is a London based Global Affairs term.

As to your amusement, you do not have the wit to have a full blown back and forth without ad hominem & deflection...

I sure do. I often find that certain member here require certain statements, in certain forms.

But, maybe just chalk up our interaction with the typical UK view of the American.
Dumb, over weight, wearing American flag clothes 2 sizes too small while shopping at WalMart.

The ball is in your court...
Let's see if you take it home complaining about foreign opinions or if you have the brain capacity to put together a cogent rebuttal!

Ohhh noes.....my brain....it can't even.....uuugghhhh...challenged by a guy wearing a fedora......ahhhhhhhhh.

And for about the 10th time now. Banter on about foreign affairs.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I make it a habit to not interject into other countries issues.

In fact, there was a thread I posted in, about mid-year in 2014, which was about an incident in I think Aussie or the UK. I posted there, was advised that what I posted did not apply to the laws in that country. I apologized and left.

But, by all means. If you have the time, go check and please report back. Maybe you will learn something.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

But.....this is a Global forum..all is welcome here.

From the ignorant foreigner going on and on about something happening somewhere else other than within their country. To the American getting tired of outsiders, who's crap stinks just as much, chiming in on things they know nothing about.

While I enjoy you using my statement as an example, perhaps you should include the WHOLE statement.

Or does that not work with what you wanted to post.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Ohhh noes.....my brain....it can't even.....uuugghhhh...challenged by a guy wearing a fedora......ahhhhhhhhh.

And for about the 10th time now. Banter on about foreign affairs.

Attacking appearance…..again….that all you got?
What has Charlies hat in a avatar got to do with a bill in Texas?

You mention Foreign Affairs.
So the global community all have a Department of Foreign Affairs, according to you, they should not, as it is of no impact on anyone what happens in other countries. LOL.

The world thankfully disagrees with you….whether its on a board, or a embassy, people want to know and discuss what goes on in a country that impacts them.
I can assure you all these bills are seen by every foreign affairs department, they ALL need to know US domestic policy for a plethora of reasons.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
Craze, come on. I expect better from at least you here.

What did my statement as a whole say?

Don't cherry pick.

As for dirty?? That I can't opine on. What are your bathing habits. And no....I am not hitting on you.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Why check when you just admitted to doing so?

Your apology and subsequent departure from the thread does nothing to negate that you have had opinions on other Countries...

I'll reply to your above post asap.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

My avatar is off topic and another childish attack on something you know nothing about the reasoning behind it. Quick to jump to conclusions.

I didn't jump to any conclusion. I didn't say anything except what is above.
You seem to be detesting much for such a non-issue thing.

Nor did I. But by all means use the term again….. I will never see it as anything other than a compliment. So thank you in advance each time you use it

Hey, if you want to wear that term as some badge of honor, more power to you.
Guess it makes it easier, so people can see you as someone that wants more Govt control over those you don't agree with.

How do you know what US policy has to do with them? US domestic policy is far reaching globally economically, politically and militarily. It is naive to suggest it doesn't. I'm a dual citizen, there may be others with work connections with the US, a child or family member living here, a close friend is a teacher here, or a child sent to school here. Who the hell are you to decide they have no say whatsoever? Bugger off with your insistence they are silenced.

Ahhh, the hypocrisy is thick with this statement.
If the policy of this student/teacher based law affects your country in some way, I would love to hear about it.
And being a dual citizen should mean what to me exactly? Are you double smart in country affairs?

I prefer to hear what people think than block my ears and yell in their faces, I see you do that, and it reinforces for me that you are afraid of hearing and what they say may challenge your sensibilities. Otherwise, why care what they think unless you fear it challenges you? Staying the same makes your brain stagnant. Progressive forward thinking makes me smile, and no loud mouthed fellow yank will silence me nor other members on ATS from showing how they are a thinking global community .

Is that something off of the 0bama website, or Hillary?

And again, By all means, as stated before, banter on. Comment forth. I love hearing the ignorant speak.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

From the ignorant foreigner going on and on about something happening somewhere else other than within their country. To the American getting tired of outsiders, who's crap stinks just as much, chiming in on things they know nothing about.

How many of those "outsiders whose crap stinks just as much" take it upon themselves to police the world, interject into other countries affairs politically and/or militarily to further their own agenda and do all of it with a really loud voice screaming they are the pillar of humanity?

If you don't like us commenting on American affairs then don't interject in ours first.

edit on 3/2/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

What has Charlies hat in a avatar got to do with a bill in Texas?

About as much as a Londoner's opinion of a Texas Law.
See, now you get it.

You mention Foreign Affairs.
So the global community all have a Department of Foreign Affairs, according to you, they should not, as it is of no impact on anyone what happens in other countries. LOL.

So, the US Foreign Affairs office thinks it is US affecting to allow certain factions to gain Govt control in the ME. We need to strike and eliminate those factions.

But wait, let me guess. The big mean US should stop sticking its nose into the affairs of other countries, right?

The world thankfully disagrees with you….whether its on a board, or a embassy, people want to know and discuss what goes on in a country that impacts them.
I can assure you all these bills are seen by every foreign affairs department, they ALL need to know US domestic policy for a plethora of reasons.

The rest of the world means what exactly, to US based laws?
I mean, I know you and others would love one world govt, having the UN run everything, and are trying just that.
But you guys seem to bitch and moan just as loud when others try to change your laws.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Hold up..............back it up there crazy pants.

When have I EVER stated that the US should be doing such things?

And by your rational, it is okay for you to do it, and others, because the US has done it.

Sounds like the argument between the 7 year old kids in my neighborhood.
"Well, you stuck your tongue at me, so I am going to do it to you".

Here I thought you guys, foreigners, were SO above board and didn't do the whole petty/tit-for-tat thing.

Guess I was wrong. Very very very wrong.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Actually, I had misread the title and thought it was a situation based in the US.

Had you actually followed through with your open-ended threat, you would have discovered that.

But, I guess maybe you were too busy studying global affairs.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join