It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Developing: Suspicious tube device duct taped to bridge shuts down traffic in downtown Atlanta

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

AJC photographer reported that he got lots of pics, even of the device and will be posting it.
edit on 2/2/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

The person that taped it up there is probably pissing their pants right now.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I thought the way this works is they will find his passport or drivers license barely singed lying on the ground nearby.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
i bet its got a photo film in it taking sun trail pictures

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Fun ride home.

So they blew it up, I assume after X-raying it and stuff? Can they tell after blowing it up what it was? I assume they wouldn't have blown it if they detected anything nuclear or biological in it?

The thing that was allegedly written on it makes ya wonder if it was a camera taking video or pictures of the always horrendous traffic and the next Snowpocalypse.

Wouldn't it be nuts if this was just a DOT or ACE project and they forgot to tell anyone?

edit on 2/2/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Not to waste a chance, it will go down as a bomb, terrorism and the need for more power and control.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

That's it. Predetonation.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTengriist
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So, someone's art project, recording the month of February's traffic in slow-mo, to create a time-lapse video, maybe?

Somewhere a hipster "video artist" is being visited by the FBI.

That's what I think as well. That "device" almost looks like it has a webcam/smartphone camera lense. Add a large battery packed into a beer can and it would be all ready to go. Duct tape and the components would have fingerprints all over it. Too obvious with the color of the duct tape.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
could have been a geocache

strange to see it taped as such but still

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfect stranger
could have been a geocache

strange to see it taped as such but still

That's an interesting take and it well could be true.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Turns out this was a GA State University Art project. Time lapse camera. This was one of 18 around town.

Bomb squad detonates student art project

“Georgia State University sincerely apologizes for the traffic problems resulting yesterday from the mounting of a student camera at the 14th Street Bridge,” the university said in a statement. “The camera was one of 18 used by students in an art project and deployed at various locations in the city.”

Happened again: Art project confusion continues in Hapeville

Sigh....
edit on 2/3/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
I really hope this turns out to be nothing.

Though, if it is fake, this has to be one of the most genius (and expensive) pranks in modern history.

Las Vegas Metro Police shut down the artery of the I-15 for hours for a bag of clothes. But it is okay; it was all in the name of "safety".
edit on 3-2-2015 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

And what's wrong with doing things like this in the name of safety? Easy to sit back and criticize after it turns out to be nothing, I suppose.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

When capital is spent to "disarm" a bag of clothes that eventually is pinned upon the taxpayers in the name of safety, it is hard to defend that position.

ETA: I see you edited your response. I take issue because the likely aspect that it is anything but a bag, is nil.
edit on 3-2-2015 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ownbestenemy

When capital is spent to "disarm" a bag of clothes that eventually is pinned upon the taxpayers in the name of safety, it is hard to defend that position.

Yes. That's one opinion.

And if they ignored it and it turned out to be something, some people would be bitching about the fact that taxpayers pay a lot of money for things like bomb squads and they missed it and so are worthless.

Can't win.

ETA: Nothing I edited affects what you commented on or how I responded to you.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

True can't win, but the constant heightened aspect of fear does no one any good. A pencil might be a bomb! A box might be a bomb! Scattered clothes might be a bomb!

Or they may be all they appear to be; random artifacts. Fearing everything might be deadly doesn't help anyone in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
now they know what it was why are they removing the rest?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join