It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto for President!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The Superbowl ad you never saw.

Be careful folks. It may seem like a parody but how close to reality is it?

When corporations are considered people and given the same rights as people, how far off is this concept?

A slippery slope my friends.

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Corporations were not given all the rights of people.

Just enough that they are allowed to do business.

Corporate personhood is an American legal concept that a corporation, as a group of people, may be recognized as having some of the same legal rights and responsibilities as an individual. For example, corporations may contract with other parties and sue or be sued in court in the same way as natural persons or unincorporated associations of persons. The doctrine does not hold that corporations are flesh and blood "people" apart from their shareholders, executives, and managers, nor does it grant to corporations all of the rights of citizens.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

That was funny in a horrible sort of way. I hope no corporation really tries to do this in the future. It makes me think of several movies I've seen. The Running Man comes to mind, for instance, where a corporation basically controls the country.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If Americans really want to show their patriotism, dont vote, rather buy shares in the corporations that control you already. Cut out the middle man.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I mean you could make the case that Monsanto is already president of the world. Because no legal Court wants to stop them.]

has it been proven yet that Monsanto is in league with the Bill Gates foundation?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

When corporations are granted power to sue Govt.if they intrude on their bottom line, that's a citizen.

the remarkable ability it would grant big business to sue the living daylights out of governments which try to defend their citizens. It would allow a secretive panel of corporate lawyers to overrule the will of parliament and destroy our legal protections. Yet the defenders of our sovereignty say nothing.
www.theguardian.com...

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

That was funny in a horrible sort of way. I hope no corporation really tries to do this in the future. It makes me think of several movies I've seen. The Running Man comes to mind, for instance, where a corporation basically controls the country.

Somehow I think we are already there. When the board can vote on a pay raise for the board, isn't that a corporation?

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
I mean you could make the case that Monsanto is already president of the world. Because no legal Court wants to stop them.]

has it been proven yet that Monsanto is in league with the Bill Gates foundation?
I remember reading somewhere that BG bought a crap load of Monsanto shares but that's all so far that I know.

Wouldn't surprise me at all tho.

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The conglomerates already own you. The time to fight has passed. You grew complacent. I'd like to think what I said wasn't true but deep down I know we're all screwed. There is a fine line between being pessimistic and cynical. It takes 3 years to be a licensed organic grower. Get on the ball before it's too late!

Kneel before Monsanto!!!

PS: If one company controls your food supply, you're screwed!!! The seeds don't last but one year and you're on the dole to buy from them again. Organic seeds last 5 years. Stock up!!!
edit on 2-2-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

PS: If one company controls your food supply, you're screwed!!! The seeds don't last but one year and you're on the dole to buy from them again. Organic seeds last 5 years. Stock up!!!

Don't forget that the regulations separating GMO from non, does not protect against contamination from high winds. The contaminated fields then get sued by Monsanto because didn't pay for licensing.

They are not doing anything wrong. In capitalism the you responsibility is to the shareholder. If it can be done and turn a profit, it MUST be done. No head of any business or corporation may suggest otherwise or they will replaced. It is their code of ethics.

We wanted this remember. "free market" "pursuit of happiness" blah blah blah, this is what it all boils down to. This is what our fathers fought to protect.

Like it?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

Don't forget that the regulations separating GMO from non, does not protect against contamination from high winds. The contaminated fields then get sued by Monsanto because didn't pay for licensing.

They are not doing anything wrong. In capitalism the you responsibility is to the shareholder. If it can be done and turn a profit, it MUST be done. No head of any business or corporation may suggest otherwise or they will replaced. It is their code of ethics.

We wanted this remember. "free market" "pursuit of happiness" blah blah blah, this is what it all boils down to. This is what our fathers fought to protect.

Like it?

do i like it ....not even a little bit......

lostinamerica has it right.....stock up on heirloom seeds while you can....and learn how to grow them effectively,there are a few tricks that need to be learned it is not as simple as plant and run

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

sick and scary...

but...it has sort of happened already, no ?

Isn't lobbying essentially what this video talks about ?...only it's indirect, hidden...a wolf in sheep's clothing sort of...

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Yep. Kinda thinking it's already a reality. We just don't know it or can't or won't admit it?

Monsanto/Exxon Mobile v Progressive Insurance/Starbucks?

Halliburton/Lockheed Martin v Microsoft/Whole Foods?

Thanks for more nightmare fodder. Shudders.

You might like this too: Google For President? If Corporations Are People...

edit on 2/3/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Monsanto won't run for pres, they'll have Walmart run & just pull the strings. Business as usual but with better name recognition for the voters.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Woah - that is one DISTURBING video, but it needed to be shown. This needs to go viral so that people will wake up and realize the grip they are under.

Corporations should never have been granted "personhood" in the first place. Absolute power corrupts...

top topics

join