It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

israel prime minister jokes about undermining obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
blah, This is much ado about nothing.
Obama is the president not a King, if congress wants to invite a world leader to come and talk with them they don`t need the presidents approval or permission.
This is between Netanyahu and the peoples representatives in congress, Obama isn`t even involved so his approval or permission is moot.

it`s disgusting that they have the luxury of getting butt hurt over petty stuff like this when the country has much bigger problems.

This thread isn't about Obama. It's about our "ally" undermining us at a crucial time in world politics when it supports their goal(s). I could care less about who's is the W.H.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: lostbook

And my point is that you probably can't count the number of conversations that include the line "when we take back the White House/Congress/whatever..."

That's politics from the inside. The only difference I see here is that it happened in plain view.

We're talking apples and Oranges and we'll never find a middle ground. Can we agree that hey are manipulating the US through its political system..?
edit on 2-2-2015 by lostbook because: word add

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Well Benny is coming here to undermine Obama's attempt at peace negotiations with Iran that and to score points seeing how it's almost election time back in Israel. Some of the people here in America are so awestruck with Benny that he could spit on Obama then take a crap and wipe his butt with the American flag and they would still cheer him. But you know it's really bad when even FOX news is taking Obama's side.

Agreed, Buster. They are angry at Obama because he's trying to achieve peace in the M.E. through Iran. But why?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Any way you want to look at it, it is Obama's fault. If he had the cajones to show he was the boss early on with Netanyahu there would not have been a continually worsening problem.

Obama is weak, everybody in the world knows it, even many Demos, but they can't admit that he is dragging the US into a deep hole. As a consequence, many types of "others" are taking advantage of that weakness in several ways.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

You are not going to achieve peace in the ME through Iran. They are Shia and majority of the ME is Sunni. So in order to achieve "peace" through Iran, you are talking about financing their conquest of the rest of the ME. How is that peace?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Any way you want to look at it, it is Obama's fault. If he had the cajones to show he was the boss early on with Netanyahu there would not have been a continually worsening problem.

Obama is weak, everybody in the world knows it, even many Demos, but they can't admit that he is dragging the US into a deep hole. As a consequence, many types of "others" are taking advantage of that weakness in several ways.

I was disappointed when he drew the "line in the sand" then didn't follow through. However as our ally, Israeli officials should be on our side; not help push us under the bus just because everyone else is doing it.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Oh, so you're mad because people aren't kissing Obama's butt enough. Got it.

No country is under any obligation to kiss our butt if doing so would run counter to what they perceive to be their own national interest.

edit on 2-2-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Obama might retaliate by inviting Castro and Jong Un to the White House.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You are not going to achieve peace in the ME through Iran. They are Shia and majority of the ME is Sunni. So in order to achieve "peace" through Iran, you are talking about financing their conquest of the rest of the ME. How is that peace?

I should use the phrase more lightly. I use the words "peace in the Middle East" In terms of peace between Iran and Israel since a major sticking point for Netanyahu is Iran's potential to develop the bomb; whether it's true or not is not my point. Israel has several enemies who want them gone but Iran seems to be the deal breaker when it comes to peace negotiations in the M.E. so that is my focus. Which leads me back to the point of this thread. They are angry at Obama because he's trying to achieve peace in the M.E. through Iran. But why? If Iran is the major sticking point for them why not let Obama try? Iran's big brother-Russia is in the economic dog house right now and I doubt Iran will attack anyone without Russia behind them.

The ball is in the West's court right now. So I don't understand Israel's posturing on things. I understand the fear of being constantly under threat but acting out of fear can lead to situations which are usually worse than before don't you agree?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Maybe because at least one of the major orgs operating in the West Bank and Gaza is an Iranian proxy and has been for a long time?

But no matter. Bird and four other high level campaign strategists who ran Obama's election team have been imported to run an "Anyone But Bibi" campaign in Israel. So while you can carp that Netenyahu's mere presence to talk to a co-equal branch of government somehow undermines the president, the White House actually is undermining the political process in Israel.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Maybe because at least one of the major orgs operating in the West Bank and Gaza is an Iranian proxy and has been for a long time?

But no matter. Bird and four other high level campaign strategists who ran Obama's election team have been imported to run an "Anyone But Bibi" campaign in Israel. So while you can carp that Netenyahu's mere presence to talk to a co-equal branch of government somehow undermines the president, the White House actually is undermining the political process in Israel.

The issue for me isn't that Bibi is coming here to speak, it's that certain Israeli officials are laughing about undermining the US president; it doesn't matter who's in office. He can come here and speak until BTF (blue in the face) for all I care. Do you not see the real issue here?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

No I don't.

He is under no obligation to uphold anyone. His first duty is to do what he feels is right for his country NOT ours.

Don't you get angry when you feel that our leaders kowtow too much to Israel?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
you know unless there is something hidden in the article that the OP posted, that only certain people can see and read.
i didn't see the first obama joke that netanyahu made. only their ambassador's tweet.

so i guess there really is some mud slinging going on. shame really cause i like me some good obama jokes, almost as much as i do momma jokes.

i guess misleading titles in the mud pit are acceptable.
edit on 2-2-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Its beautiful to see the republicans doing there patriotic duty of letting a non american help them win the next big election, also i love there excuses.

True patiots lol.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

No I don't.

He is under no obligation to uphold anyone. His first duty is to do what he feels is right for his country NOT ours.

Don't you get angry when you feel that our leaders kowtow too much to Israel?

That's not my point of this thread. The title says: "Israel prime minister jokes about undermining Obama" and that's all. I'm surprised more people aren't upset by this news. Letting Israel make fun of our President, wimp or not, doesn't look good on Americans as a whole. People in their blind hatred for Obama just let this behavior pass.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Nearly all the current crop of politicians wouldn't even be in office without all those "campaign" donations and the obligatory trip(s) to Israel to pledge allegiance, before running for office. They all know too that the slightest criticism will get them dropped at the next election, or smeared and driven from office immediately.

Obama should just refuse his plane landing rights. Tell him to go speak to his new best Buddy Harper, next door, and he can catch a cab from there if he likes!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

You are right.

Netanyahu is joking about undermining Obama's politics.

Obama isn't joking, he just sent a team with lots of cash over to Israel to interfere in their elections to try and get Netanyahu thrown out of office.

Guess Obama is the more honorable man [cough, cough, sputter, sputter]

www.examiner.com...
www.newsmaxworld.com...
www.washingtontimes.com...

After all interfering in another countries elections is something we should respect in our President, isn't it? (oooohhhhh,mmmmyyy)

And joking about the President of the US is a much bigger offense,
especially joking about using PsyOps on Obama
when all Obama is doing is sending people and money
to interfere in the democratic process in a
country that has historically been our staunch ally.

You are right we should respect our President for being the bigger ........

edit on 1Mon, 02 Feb 2015 13:23:30 -0600pm20202pmk021 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Agreed, Buster. They are angry at Obama because he's trying to achieve peace in the M.E. through Iran. But why?

They do not want peace in the M.E.? They get more support in terms of dollars and military assistance if there is an instability in the M.E. (to protect themselves, ostensibly). They don't like the idea of their enemy, Iran, being taken out of the role of 'enemy' to the US? All of the above?

- AB

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Congress tends to not invite our enemies to speak, however. But you're right, it is a jab. And with friends like the Israeli-Saudi axis, the United States has no real need for enemies.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Israel needs a new PM.

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join