It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

israel prime minister jokes about undermining obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I am not making this thread to throw mud at Israel's prime minister but because I feel that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Israeli Ambassador to the US Ron Dermer are throwing mud on our President. Americans should be weary of the impklications.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Israeli Ambassador to the US Ron Dermer are currently embroiled in a controversy that has them under such intense fire in both countries that even Fox News is siding with Obama against them.

Dermer had arranged, with House Speaker John Boehner, for Netanyahu to visit the US in March, without the knowledge or approval of the White House, and give a speech to Congress that is widely expected to bash President Obama's Iran talks and to endorse negotiations-killing sanctions. It is a major break with diplomatic protocol, and gives the strong impression that Netanyahu is picking sides in domestic American politics — against Obama.

Like Obama or not, a jab at our President is a jab at us as Americans. It seems that Israel Ambassador Dermer and Prime Minister Netanyahoo are using our President and the blinding hatred for him by some to play us Americans like Badminton. The Obama haters just appreciate the chance to throw more hate at Obama but what they don't realize is other nations will see the way how to divide us 'Mericans by political lines and exploit that weakness. I say don't let hatred blind you because your own hatred will hurt you in the end. What says ATS?

www.vox.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I've been saying for a while now that Netanyahu is using a PsyOps initiative to garner support from Americans who dislike Obama...

As a mentally unstable man who happens to be on the World stage... US citizens need to be careful of siding with this Psychopath just because they hate/dislike/disagree with Obama...

Netanyahu cares not one iota for anybody except his circle...

Certainly he'd throw the Americans to the Wolves as a sacrifice to enhance his programme.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well Benny is coming here to undermine Obama's attempt at peace negotiations with Iran that and to score points seeing how it's almost election time back in Israel. Some of the people here in America are so awestruck with Benny that he could spit on Obama then take a crap and wipe his butt with the American flag and they would still cheer him. But you know it's really bad when even FOX news is taking Obama's side.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I've been saying for a while now that Netanyahu is using a PsyOps initiative to garner support from Americans who dislike Obama...

As a mentally unstable man who happens to be on the World stage... US citizens need to be careful of siding with this Psychopath just because they hate/dislike/disagree with Obama...

Certainly he'd throw the Americans to the Wolves as a sacrifice to enhance his programme.

Netanyahu was invited by republicans, he wouldn't be there if the republicans didn't want to give him a stage....so who is doing the undermining?.....

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
I am not making this thread to throw mud at Israel's prime minister but because I feel that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Israeli Ambassador to the US Ron Dermer are throwing mud on our President. Americans should be weary of the impklications.

Like Obama or not, a jab at our President is a jab at us as Americans. It seems that Israel Ambassador Dermer and Prime Minister Netanyahoo are using our President and the blinding hatred for him by some to play us Americans like Badminton. The Obama haters just appreciate the chance to throw more hate at Obama but what they don't realize is other nations will see the way how to divide us 'Mericans by political lines and exploit that weakness. I say don't let hatred blind you because your own hatred will hurt you in the end. What says ATS?

www.vox.com...

It's not a jab at Americans. Defending a snake because he's "Our" snake is disgusting. Obama flat out doesn't want to work with anyone who disagrees with him. The fact that the white house is outraged over not following protocol on this visit shows their immaturity and fear because Obama is two faced and a hypocrite and this move just exposes it more. His catering to terrorists is getting old. If they had any brains, they would have embraced the notice of the visit and handled it like adults instead of throwing a temper tantrum.

Soon after becoming House Speaker in 2011, Republican John Boehner started running the traps on inviting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to speak to a joint meeting of Congress.

But when Barry Jackson, then Boehner’s chief-of-staff, checked with President Barack Obama’s top advisers, Jackson said he was left waiting a month only to get no response. Ultimately the Netanyahu speech went ahead in May but soon after Jackson faced the opposite problem: the White House had promised South Korea’s leadership an appearance before Congress, he said, without checking first with the speaker.

But privately, Democrats admit too that this White House — as seen in the South Korea episode — is no innocent. And Jackson, who has served at both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue, said he is baffled that the administration should talk now about “protocol” after being so quick to exert its executive power to run over Congress.

Read more: www.politico.com...

edit on 2-2-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Netanyahu was invited by republicans, he wouldn't be there if the republicans didn't want to give him a stage....so who is doing the undermining?.....

Yes, he was invited by Republicans but this post isn't about that. It's about the fact that Dermer and Netanyahoo are making jokes and literally laughing at the fact that they are using American politics to undermine Obama. What happens when other groups or countries get wise to the opportunity of playing sides in American politics to push their agenda(s)?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

www.vox.com...

It's not a jab at Americans. Defending a snake because he's "Our" snake is disgusting. Obama flat out doesn't want to work with anyone who disagrees with him. The fact that the white house is outraged over not following protocol on this visit shows their immaturity and fear because Obama is two faced and a hypocrite and this move just exposes it more. His catering to terrorists is getting old. If they had any brains, they would have embraced the notice of the visit and handled it like adults instead of throwing a temper tantrum.

It is a jab. It shows the world a crack in our "AMERICAN" political system which can be exploited by our enemies.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Hmm you do make a valid point, but the undermining is different...imo.

Republicans are riding Obama to win votes to better America... No different than Dems would do to a Republican Pres...

Netanyahu is riding Obama to win support for Israel & keep that U.S. tax payer funding coming in...

So for Americans to be PsyOped by Reps, while wrong, is old school and not exclusive to the Reps in a Presidential race...

To be PysOped by Netanyahu, is for the sole purpose of guaranteeing that annual 3billion dollars (not including Military aid)...

As I said, only in my opinion, but I think it should be thought about rather than just "go with the flow because it's against Obama".

If it's for the sake of the U.S, going with the flow in the Obama bash is understandable.
If it's for the sake of Israeli money grabbing... I'd be pissed.
edit on 2-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

www.vox.com...

It is a jab. It shows the world a crack in our "AMERICAN" political system which can be exploited by our enemies.

Do you really, really think the rest of the world has no clue how fractured our political system is? Do you think none of them watched the State of the Union? Or have CNN access?

Really?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Very interesting because I was just reading this :

www.crimelibrary.com...

while researching the gold market in NYSE

America is withholding vital information ... its all about UFO tech.

Thats why people vote republican and dont even know why. Dont mean to be rude but the american public votes red to allow more black box triangles world wide suppression incredible drones and sadly to protect their bank statement. Hah your a bunch of low esteem filthy rich clowns imo

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

www.vox.com...

Do you really, really think the rest of the world has no clue how fractured our political system is? Do you think none of them watched the State of the Union? Or have CNN access?

Really?

Sure, however, I doubt anyone saw a way "in" until now otherwise this kind of thing would've happened sooner.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Speckle
Very interesting because I was just reading this :

www.crimelibrary.com...

while researching the gold market in NYSE

America is withholding vital information ... its all about UFO tech.

Thats why people vote republican and dont even know why. Dont mean to be rude but the american public votes red to allow more black box triangles world wide suppression incredible drones and sadly to protect their bank statement. Hah your a bunch of low esteem filthy rich clowns imo

What?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
You can make a long list of other countries showing our president a lack of respect. Israel is just the most recent.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

www.vox.com...

Really?

Sure, however, I doubt anyone saw a way "in" until now otherwise this kind of thing would've happened sooner.

Yea I don't buy that at all. This may be the most public example of the two sides not being united in a while, but this sort of going to one party over the other and back room dealings is completely and utterly common. They may not be putting people on TV, but both parties will deal with entities on their own.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think foreign relations meddling by political parties not 'in power' is really harmful to the country and it's democratic system. Of course America's 'democratic system' has been so perverted by money now it really has bigger problems than a group inviting Israel's leader to speak.

I have no doubt that Obama will show Israel that bypassing the president comes with extreme costs.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

www.vox.com...

Really?

Yea I don't buy that at all. This may be the most public example of the two sides not being united in a while, but this sort of going to one party over the other and back room dealings is completely and utterly common. They may not be putting people on TV, but both parties will deal with entities on their own.

Disrespect between American political parties is one thing, another country taking advantage of our politics is another. I get that Obama is un-popular, I'm not a political insider so I'm not privy to information some others may have on him. I believe that whether Israel is our ally or not, it sets a bad example which other entities can follow long after Obama is gone.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

And my point is that you probably can't count the number of conversations that include the line "when we take back the White House/Congress/whatever..."

That's politics from the inside. The only difference I see here is that it happened in plain view.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Well, I guess it seems obvious. If you want to exploit someone you go for their weakness. One of our weaknesses as a country is the incredible polar divide in our politics and the seemingly insurmountable gulf that lies between them, as well as the hate it generates. It goes beyond team sports. There's no "good game" at the end of the election process for many, who instead start talking in revolutionary terms or how they must "take back" the government "for the people." For their people, anyway. Both sides are like this.

Do our politicians think that someone who is smart enough to see our weakness won't use it against us? Hate makes us weak. Hate breeds its own.

peace,
AB
edit on 2-2-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
blah, This is much ado about nothing.
Obama is the president not a King, if congress wants to invite a world leader to come and talk with them they don`t need the presidents approval or permission.
This is between Netanyahu and the peoples representatives in congress, Obama isn`t even involved so his approval or permission is moot.

it`s disgusting that they have the luxury of getting butt hurt over petty stuff like this when the country has much bigger problems.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
So, is this better or worse than when foreign leaders make speeches in the well of the UN about how they can smell the stench of fire and brimstone around our president?

That's just one example of another foreign leader dissing ours.

As far as the "party in power," the branches of government are separate but equal. The Democrats only control one branch now - the executive. The Republicans control the legislative. Neither branch is superior to or controls the other.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join