It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Plans to Usher In World's First 'Cashless Society'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Write up from youtube:

Will Israel be the first cashless society on the entire planet? A committee chaired by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's chief of staff has come up with a three phase plan to "all but do away with cash transactions in Israel". Individuals and businesses would still be permitted to conduct cash transactions in small amounts (at least initially), but the eventual goal is to force Israeli citizens to conduct as much business as possible using electronic forms of payment. In fact, it has been reported that Israeli officials believe that "cash is bad" because it fuels the underground economy and allows people to avoid paying taxes. It is hoped that requiring most transactions to be conducted in cash will reduce crime and help balance the national budget. And once 98 or 99 percent of all transactions are cashless, it will not be difficult for the Israeli government (or any other government) to go the rest of the way and ban cash transactions altogether.

The speaker in the video seems to be looking at it from a "conspiracy" perspective but it seems to me that Israel is leading the way towards progress by making use of technology for financial transactions. Hopefully the rest of the world follows.

edit on 2-2-2015 by rokkuman because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2015 by rokkuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I think it's a great idea, how free flowing and fast would society be...

thing is, cash or card - you still need to carry something with you. Something needs to be created that isn't an implant - yet its something you can't ever forget to take with you.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Sounds perfect until systems crash and the economy fails.

How would they trade with other Nations?

Digital numbers are not a lucrative business when there is nothing to back it up.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

If my government ever try to force me to use a card, to transact business in electronic form, I will seek their untimely and violent end. No personage or organisation may force me to be at greater risk of having my money taken from me, and I know for certain that if someone tried to take what I have away now, they would have to kill me for it.

If all money is electronic, then I could loose my money to hackers, and I have not got enough of it to be able to afford even the slightest inconvenience of that sort. I will take paper and coin, and if anyone ever tries to change that in my society, then the government here had better beware. I am not even close to kidding. We might have a currency based on electronic numbers being traded, but that must never be allowed to reach street level.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I stayed in Norway for a while, and just about everything from supermarket shopping bills to electronics and hairdressers could be payed for using a regular debit or credit card.The only people who I saw that didn't pay electronically were the pensioners doing their weekly shopping. They would still pay for everything in cash, spending ten minutes taking out and looking through several purses for notes and spare change. With pubs and restaurants, they have mobile card readers to take payments. The only time I ever had to go into a bank was to open the account.

You could also get your prescriptions from the doctor electronically. Once the prescription was made it would be placed in the health record system, and you could go to any pharmacy immediately, and they would look up your ID number and give you the prescription. No chance for drug addicts to forge doctors notes to get drugs to sell.

Banking is done online, using a standard PC to login and then using a smartphone to get confirmation of a transaction. There are also smartphone apps to allow balance enquiries and transactions to performed.

You could even buy items from vending machines by sending a SMS message and then making your selection.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The worst thing that could ever happen anywhere,anyone believing the narrative deserves the slavery that it will lead to.
Slaves to the banksters forever.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
And then one day.... when you oppose the government..

Your'e no longer on the system at a press of a button.. You can no longer work or have access to your funding, commuting will become difficult, no visits to the hospital, paying rent or loans becomes impossible. You know how it ends.
12 monkeys underground hacking the grid.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
No thanks, worst thing that could happen! Not only will the government get a cut from every transactions I make, they will know about everything I buy and when i bought it. They will also prioritize how my money is spent, making themselves the priority. So if i need to eat and feed my family and owe taxes guess who gets the money? Hell I would rather just use silver and gold or barter for what I need at that point.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I believe its been a long term goal of big government etc to introduce a cashless society for some time now.

We've seen its gradual emergence over the years with cash transactions becoming increasinlg frowned upon and even actively discouraged.

I recently bought a new microwave and the shop assistant was quite visibly confused and unhelpful when I stated I wanted to pay in cash.
She didn't know how to react when I refused to give her my personal details.

A cashless society would be disastrous to me and many of my friends, associates and contacts - but its inevitable nonetheless.
edit on 2/2/15 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I'm afraid anyone that is for a cashless society has lost any understanding of privacy and or personal freedom.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
What a stupid idea. Now the banks you know your every transaction and we would be virtual slaves to the banks. Another reason why this is a bad idea is because one good emp and everyone's money would be gone. This is just another reason to deal in hard cash only.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Ihsaan

What are the twelve monkeys?

Homeless people would suffer even more greatly, but perhaps it would keep them off drugs and people may buy food instead to help homeless people.
But what about in places without electricity, carboot sales?? No transactions can be made then. Its terrible idea. And you will have no privacy left. Everything you buy ever is catalogued and can be analysed to determine character traits and personal tastes. Not that this isnt already happening, but this would mean every item you own that you had to pay for, and lets facexit that would be most items for most people, would be on a hard drive somewhere. That is beyond nosy, its dangerous.
edit on 2 2 15 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Yeah but what if the gavernment decided a person didnt meet their standard, had a gun and didnt want them to have guns, taught anti obama messages or questioned their authority.
Persona non grata, delete their money, their identity, game over

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I use cash for most of my transactions and I personally hate the idea of the Government having access to every purchase or payment I make. I have always considered this an end-game scenario for the NWO.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Just after moving to a paperless economy, the sun wakes up and blows that pipe dream to pieces with one massive fart. All our base would definitely belong to them. The negatives most certainly outweigh any positives.

edit on 2-2-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Drop by drop we are being conditioning & phased into that electronic money scheme.

It went from real trade (bartering) or using gold & silver for buying goods & services. Then came I.O.U certificates which were backed by gold or silver in bank vaults..
Fiat currency was introduced later, which was initially backed by gold but then just printed without the backing of commodity's.

The federal reserve admits that none of the money it has is backed by gold, a board representative stated in court that they didn't physically own any gold whatsoever. (talking about printing free money - that's a thread on it's own).

Than came the bank cards. Understandable to a degree as no one wants to carry $30,000 in a bag when purchasing a car etc.

The E-Payment schemes.. Paypal. Your'e purchases & spending habits are already being monitored.

Now mobile apps are the latest tech, swipe your phone & your done, another convenient conditioning phase.
These have all been put in place to condition us that electronic banking/payment in the future & it is safe. They obviously forgot about EMP weapons capable of shutting down cities. Imagine what chaos would emerge if that was to happen.

What they won't tell you is that all future electronic devices will fitted with a microchip that will monitor your every move.

I dare say it will never be accepted worldwide, but I won't be surprised if puppets states like Australia try follow suit should it eventuate.

9/11, global financial crisis, invasions - wars, government borrowing & inflation are all part of an orchestrated plan to once again collapse the financial system as we know it today, to introduce the e-coin.

Gold & Silver will always be king of the currencies. Wouldn't buy into anything else.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I use a debit card (electronic banking) for almost everything. Paycheque is direct deposit, and I pay all bills online.
I even email transfer my son money sometimes. I've never had a problem.
He even email transfers his child support to his ex.
That said, in Canada we still need cash to insert into vending machines, or car washes, laundrymats, or any other machine that takes tokens or coins.
Although I guess we could purchase the tokens on our debit card...As long as all the cash machines take tokens.

If I was doing anything illegal, as long as the money amounts were small, I'm sure there would be ways to hide it, like bartering.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Ihsaan

"These have all been put in place to condition us that electronic banking/payment in the future & it is safe. They obviously forgot about EMP weapons capable of shutting down cities. Imagine what chaos would emerge if that was to happen. "

^ that is a problem. When the power goes down.
I got stuck in town unable to get gas once because the Internet went down. Gas pumps shut off, all the carding machines in the stores down. Cheques in the stores were ok to use, but the gas pumps would not work.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach

The worst thing that could ever happen anywhere,anyone believing the narrative deserves the slavery that it will lead to.
Slaves to the banksters forever.

The entire monetary system itself is a type of slavery system. We are already slaves to the "banksters".

They don't have to resort to cashless systems, and it will never happen imho. Let me explain why:

If all the world resorts to cashless systems, immediately every single thing that every person spends money on is absolutely traceable. This would undermine the very fabric of any and all corruption and illegal activities by everyone.

Corrupt politicians and illegal drug trade would instantly be trackable. No longer would they be able to take cash bribes under the table, or do illegal drug trades, or arms trades. Therefore, it will never happen. Some people just enjoy being shady and evil, and "get off" on doing illegal things.

So my response to the OP, nope, not gonna happen anytime soon. People enjoy lying and doing shady illegal things. How many times do people you know break the law by speeding, say even doing 75 mph in a 65mph zone? Yep, all the time.

Though if the world does go cashless, I forsee a high probability that people will find a way to mask thier illegal activities through various proxies. For example: setting up an "auto parts" store on paper but really selling drugs so that thier transactions are masked. It wouldn't be difficult, and will most definitely happen if we go "cashless". Also, like one other poster mentioned, how susceptible such systems would be to hackers.
edit on 2-2-2015 by AutOmatIc because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The signs are pointing to the rise of The Anti-Christ. No one will be able to buy or sell without the Name or Number of The Beast. If you don't have either. It would be an automatic death sentence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join