It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest James Randi Million Dollar Challenge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

The applicant, Mr. Fay Wang(pronounced Wong) is 32 years old and from southwest China. In high school Mr. Wang believed he could start developing an energy from his hands. He claims to have tried using his hand to attempt healing a friend's sore shoulder. He claims his friend suggested he go and seek out a teacher of Qigong because his power is relative to the practitioners of that art.

Finding a master, Mr. Wang claims the master proclaimed he was naturally talented in the martial art and had a skill level that would take others years to achieve. He then moved to Boston to try to find ways to research his "power" more. He then found his way into the James Randi Million Dollar Challenge.

The claim is Mr. Wang can manipulate his energy in such a way that it can emanate from his hand and be detected by others in a range of about 30 centimeters.

This took place in July 2014 at the The Amazing Meeting in Las Vegas’ South Point Hotel. Essentially there is a controlled test for Mr. Wang to complete, if he passes this preliminary test he will be invited back for the final test and if all passed he will be rewarded with the million dollar check. source

*Results Below Video*

Pressed for time?
Control Test Explanation: 7:12
Test Begins: 18:36
Test Results: 34:46
Applicant Q&A with audience: 35:53
Video Link: www.youtube.com...

**SPOILERS**
----------
----------
----------

Result=Fail

OK, really no shocker there but I thought it was interesting none the less. I actually have practiced a bit of Qigong and Tai Chi and actually know what sensation Mr. Wang is talking about. My friends and I always thought it was a mix of constant arm movement with our body's natural magnetism. When practicing these martial arts, you move your arms quite a bit and I think the sensation comes from a lactic acid or the likes reaction in our muscles and joints.

I did find the Q&A with the applicant at the end very interesting as well. I have been fascinated with the whole James Randi vs. the Paranormal World for a while now. I highly recommend reading anything you can on James Randi.

So another applicant left in the dust of the hustle and bustle of the Million Dollar Challenge. What do you think? Will there ever be a winner? I would like to think so but my gut tells me not a chance.

edit on 2/2/2015 by mcx1942 because: fix

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
James Randy is like our modern Houdini. I'm glad to see some attention to Randy's tests.

I can't watch the video, but I hope that they were kind and polite to the contestant.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Yes the whole process was highly respectable. The crowd was very respectful and extremely interested, it is inspirational to see research done as dignified as possible.

I've always wondered if the ancient Chinese practice of the internal arts may be the bridging gap from science to supernatural and perhaps Mr. Wang could of completed this under different circumstances. Obviously the mind has much to do with this and perhaps the brain needs to be aware of the person standing in front of them. The controls applied may have actually inhibited this claim but we won't know for sure, at least at this moment.

edit on 2/2/2015 by mcx1942 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: mcx1942

I have been fascinated with the whole James Randi vs. the Paranormal World for a while now. I highly recommend reading anything you can on James Randi.

His documentary, released in 2014, 'An Honest Liar', is a very interesting movie.

www.youtube.com...

He truly is an "amazing" man.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I think my favorite 'Randy Challenge' is the speaker cable debacle. Although he usually goes after people who claim supernatural abilities, he challenged the editor of a stereo\audiophile magazine to prove that he could hear the difference between $7,000 cables and $80 Monster Cables. The guy backed out.

Wired Magazine did a great story on Randi a few years ago.
It mentions the speaker cable challenge. Tip #10 is my favorite.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
He can do Reiki. Good for him but that is not that uncommon.

Put people who are sensitive to chi on all places and I think you would have gotten another result if he can push a lot. Both the sender and the receiver need to be able to feel differences and even then the background energy can make it hard to know if there is extra energy or not.

Think of it as a nerve that is feeling vibration massaging it. It is by the increase of how much it feels you know if someone is directing chi or not on the spot on the body. Byosen scanning is fun where you close your eye and tell the chi pusher where the arm is by feeling where the skin tingles/get warmer.

If you are going to do a real blind test on with scientific tools then you measure the energy level of the hand and look at the difference in energy on a quantum scale and to get rid of all ambiguity and how sensitive people bodies are.

Namaste.
edit on 2-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: mcx1942

I'd take the challenge , however given the circumstances he has people in, he knows they will only perform at half capacity essentially making them look even more foolish. A person who can manipulate energy knows it takes an extreme amount of concentration and no mental blockage such as doubt.

If you put me on stage for the world to see, your not going to get the same results due to nervousness etc..but put me in a room with a limited amount people and it's a different story.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

First time poster (I wanted to start a new thread but can't so I'll start here) but long time reader and I have gotten a lot of information from this site. This is a "feeler" if you will almost like War of the Worlds was a "feeler". But I'm actually already committed to go forward with the truth full-time (whatever that means) as you can see from the Video. Question I have is timing, but I guess there is no time (and no other time) but NOW.

So in a nutshell a guy got awakened and he's the type of person that said it he found the truth he would share it. So here goes everything. Reality is either Matrix-Like or Inception-Like (haven't got that far yet personally) but there is definitely 100% an awakened state. God does exist, but not exactly what some may think. We are part of it and we are One with it. I know it sounds "New Agey" but it's true.

I've been a "seeker" for years. It sucks that truth has to be sought, but I digress. As long as I could remember I've wanted to know the truth of our existence. It is a pervading thought in my mind ALL the time. What the hell is this? It is the thing that fascinates me to no end. I actually don't understand (well I do) why people aren't excited about the mystery of life. We are IN and PART OF a mystery and who doesn't love a good mystery? You have to forgive my attempts at humor, but the Universe is playful.

I don't want to rant, but I don't want to be too brief, I have to slowly unpack this "i think" but I've started. If I am who I think I am (I have nothing pointing to the contrary) and this is what I think it is, this is the time to be alive people. I'm just you a different form, but my mind has constantly been blew away by the Universe and being a person with a large imagination, I want to push the limits since it seems there are none. Can we imagine something outside of all there is?

So my name is Vikter Bang, but I go by Vik. I will answer any questions that I can from my fellow beings and I’m here to be a messenger and help spread the truth. I'm still working right now (yeah unfortunately I’m still plugged in to the 9-5 but I’m working on that) but I anticipate, sharing this truth will take more time, but only if people are ready. Let's be clear, I have no religion, books or any media that I'm trying to sell. I will create what I want (since I am part of the creator as we all are) but that's not the point. The point is truth, evolution and waking up. We are all creators and infinite beings; we just forgot how powerful we are. I’m in the process of remembering.

The fundamental problem with the world is "Sleeping People" in my view. I know it's crazy to hear the term being used like that (not trying to offend either), but it's true. It has nothing to do with intelligence. You are either a 1 or a 0 in the computer world. In this world, you are either sleep or awake from my observations. I was sleep also so there is no shame in it (especially if you don’t know) and in the sleep state you can do stuff that is not in alignment with your higher self. We sleepwalk to the tune of the world and not the source, thus the problem. Where does that get us…Here. War, poverty, suffering, huger, hate and all the ills of world are SELF INFLICTED WOUNDS. If we KNEW We were ONE, we wouldn't treat each other the way we do. WE can stop it as soon as we Wake Up.

I work with many very smart, very SLEEP people. And it's a tough pill to swallow (no pun intended) to be told that you've been sleepwalking through life. Tell me about it. Waking up is painful. That is why most don't want to wake up just like most people don't want to diet and exercise, but want a six pack. The pain is what can prevent people from going on the journey. But look at the pain associated with child birth, is that worth it? If you're reading this. YES! Pressure makes coal into diamonds. When you pay for a diamond, you are paying for pressure and time not the substance. Diamonds are hard yes, but it's still carbon, just a different form. Same as awakening. Same you, just different form and YOU reflect the light from within.

I'm not a preacher, teacher or politician. I am a Human-BEING that has been enlightened to our true nature. It's so simple even a child can do it. Let’s get over the word Enlightenment. It’s not a big deal, it doesn't mean I’m better than you. It just means I know who I am. You don’t have to believe me and being a skeptic is wonderful. Just don’t be closed minded. That’s part of what gets us in these pickles. Enlightenment doesn't mean I know it all, actually it shows how much you don't know, but I am on the case and on the hunt. THIS knowledge should be fundamental and it will change the world, because KNOWING that we are one is different from thinking or believing we are one. Knowing comes from experience. I want to show that the experience is possible from a live person who wants NOTHING from you but YOU to be happy and to live in PEACE.

So I'm releasing a web series on the truth and my journey. Just as an example of what one person can do if they find change within themselves. Maybe it catches on and maybe it doesn't. I have no idea but somebody's got to do it. The cool thing is I’m going to attempt to make this common knowledge and spread this good news as far as I can. It’s Time.

Any questions for me, let me know and I’ll try to answer what I can. I am not GOD, but I am of GOD and I am an instrument of GOD (secret is so are you). Let’s see what WE can do!

youtu.be...

edit on 2-2-2015 by VikterBang because: trying to get video to show up

edit on 2-2-2015 by VikterBang because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Wired Magazine did a great story on Randi a few years ago.
It mentions the speaker cable challenge. Tip #10 is my favorite.

Heheh, great article. Thanks for linking.

a reply to: LittleByLittle

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
If you are going to do a real blind test on with scientific tools then you measure the energy level of the hand and look at the difference in energy on a quantum scale and to get rid of all ambiguity and how sensitive people bodies are.

Agreed. Mr. Wang and the audience discuss this in the Q&A section. Basically an audience member asked Mr. Wang if he has tried to use scientific devices to try to measure but I guess he has not. You would think a thermal camera may detect changes or one of those flir cameras possibly. I really have limited knowledge when it comes to this kind of subject. He did say the earlier control tests with the subjects worked. I can only imagine being on stage during the process does not help.

a reply to: threeeyesopen

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: mcx1942If you put me on stage for the world to see, your not going to get the same results due to nervousness etc..but put me in a room with a limited amount people and it's a different story.

I agree but I think they choose this venue as another way to keep this as transparent as possible. But there must be some way the two sides could meet half way. I too would be nervous if in Mr. Wang's shoes. Heck, I would get nervous with just a few people so I can completely understand that aspect.

top topics

join