It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy refuses to show his bus ticket says it is against his constitutional right.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I dunno about the consitution much so is he in the right or wrong?.

Oh some swearing in the video don't watch if you don't like them.

So right or wrong?.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
I was on a train once, and some pompous legal type refused to show his ticket, because he said there was a legal obligation to carry a ticket, but not to show it.
He was an idiot and a bad lawyer who had not thought things through.
If he could not prove that he had paid, they would surely have had a legal right to throw him off the train for not paying.
The same would apply on buses.
I doubt if any clause in any constitution says much about bus travel (and Britain doesn't have one, of course, not in writing).

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
i found this on eastmidlandstrains.co.uk
But i would guess those rules apply world wide for any form of public transportation:

You must: [...]

Keep your ticket safe. It is your ticket, not the receipt for it, which gives you the right to travel. Do not lose, damage or attempt to alter your ticket.
Show and, if asked by a member of Train Company staff, hand over your ticket and any associated Railcard/Photocard for inspection.

I like to give him the benefit of doubt and assume he was drunk/ on drugs.
But chances are he's just another self entitled idiot millennial

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Wrong.

You have no right to public transportation guaranteed in the constitution. This guy is a moron.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

to paraphrase :

i am not in any form of contract with ... < uniteligable > [ i assume this is the name of the train company ]

that single utterance indicate the level of :

a - willfull dishonesty
b - utter ignorance of the law

to explain :

purchasing the ticket IS a contract between the ticket buyer and the train company

he has just blown is entire " case " straight out of the water

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

If it is a legal requirement that individuals purchase a ticket in order to utilize this type of transportation, then the individual must not only pay for the ticket, but must be able to legally prove to the relevant statutory authority that the ticket was paid for.

The constitution is not a document that was designed to encourage unlawful or deceitful acts, just as it was not designed to stop bottom-feeders from breeding.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I'd throw him off quicker than you can bat an eye.
Freakn' self entitled waste of air.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

It's quite a simple case. He has the right to not show his ticket. Just as the provider of transportation has the right to throw him off for not proving he bought a ticket. When he refused to leave the train, he should have been arrested.

You may have the constitutional right to move about the country freely, but once you jump on a form of transpiration that requires payment, the ride isn't free. Simply put, this kid is a douche.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be wise to lock these fools up till they learned to quit hassling people just trying to do their job? They seem to be delusional. Nobody ever does anything to these kind of people that cause major stress to workers.

If I was working taking tickets and someone tried to pull this crap, I would grab him by the throat until he lost consciousness and sit him on the bench outside so he could try it again. I worked construction much of my life, I am not a little guy.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Since we ALL pay for the construction and operation of public transit....all rides should be free....
Flame my ass but your all screwed up here.....
Its about perception and about the ability to control people so that corporations make a profit for their masters....
When are you people going to learn that the people are mere animals who are used and abused by the rules....

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Not again! Being born on the cusp the the millennial generation, seeing things like this makes me cringe. Hands down just another entitled, undisciplined idiot.
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I would have thrown him off. There's no free ride here boy. You better go read your constitution elsewhere. Maybe someone can teach you how to retain and understand what it really says. I did like that guy at the end. Get the F off the bus and quit taking selfies.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Ass, cash, or gas, no one rides for free!

top topics

join