It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza in Arizona: The secret militarization of the U.S.-Mexico border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I think the title of the article describes the situation pretty well as the Arizona/ Mexico border has become a testing ground for Military type weapons and equipment. There is apparently a budding relationship between Arizona officials and members of the IDF who provide training and tactics for handling situations around a desert area. The most ironic thing I read in the article is: the plan is to have most of the weapons and equipment used to keep people out of the US is to be made in Mexico.

As such border cooperation intensified, journalist Jimmy Johnson coined the apt phrase “Palestine-Mexico border” to catch what was happening. In 2012, Arizona state legislators, sensing the potential economic benefit of this growing collaboration, declared their desert state and Israel to be natural “trade partners,” adding that it was “a relationship we seek to enhance.”

In this way, the doors were opened to a new world order in which the United States and Israel are to become partners in the “laboratory” that is the U.S.-Mexican borderlands. Its testing grounds are to be in Arizona. There, largely through a program known as Global Advantage, American academic and corporate know how and Mexican low-wage manufacturing are to fuse with Israel’s border and homeland security companies.

The border is turning into a testing ground for weapons and surveillance companies to test out new equipment and weapons, and further the industrial-military complex; companies will get rich off this potential cash cow. Israel is invested in this border build-up and Arizona officials wish to develop this relationship further. What about the people?

The way this seems to me is that the goal here is to test weapons and develop systems not so much protect the border. What does ATS think?

www.salon.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
good, now maybe they can stem the flow of the Mongrel Horde from the badlands in the South and bring a little bit of stability to the border states.

I have been calling for a militarized southern border since at least 2008 anyways. Had me a nice detailed well thought out border with spy blimps and drones with non-lethal gear to incapacitate the invaders until Border patrol can show up and haul them away.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
So Border Patrol will be advised to start wearing diapers in preparation for the battle with Children throwing stones, I guess.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes
good, now maybe they can stem the flow of the Mongrel Horde from the badlands in the South and bring a little bit of stability to the border states.

I have been calling for a militarized southern border since at least 2008 anyways. Had me a nice detailed well thought out border with spy blimps and drones with non-lethal gear to incapacitate the invaders until Border patrol can show up and haul them away.

They have drones, hum-vee's, and militarized weapons at the ready. Plus they are testing out new weapons and other security features.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
So Border Patrol will be advised to start wearing diapers in preparation for the battle with Children throwing stones, I guess.

They'll fight families above ground while the drug dealers build tunnels for smuggling underground.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
THEY DO have less than lethal weapons,we aren't going to recrate the highway of death here and I too agree IT IS FAR ovedue we plug that sieve.
edit on 2-2-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I wonder if the Israelis are pitching their remote control machine gun towers that are remotely operated from a central command post....They are easy enough for Israeli girl soldiers to operate....point and shoot I guess,....like a video game....but real body count...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Well, I guess this is some of the pay off for our county's financial and military support over the years.

I too believe it is high time we deal with the borders, except I wonder if this build up is just to facilitate the expedient processing of our newest quasi-citizens and future voting base for the Democrat Party.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I think this is a good way to help solve the border issue, the problem is that in Arizona it's largely useless. I was in Tucson recently and something I discovered when I visited it is that there's a reservation right along the border, the tribe has lands in the US and Mexico and they have no ability to police it, the border is 75 miles long. By law the US cannot secure that part of the border and the road leaving the reservation is easy to circumvent.

Even if we secure the rest of the Arizona border, illegals can easily get in through the reservation, and then to Tucson, and to other areas from there, apparently that's where most of them are coming from already.

It wasn't until learning of that reservation that I realized the border problem is infact unfixable from our side. The reservation btw is for the Tohono O'odham.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
I think this is a good way to help solve the border issue, the problem is that in Arizona it's largely useless. I was in Tucson recently and something I discovered when I visited it is that there's a reservation right along the border, the tribe has lands in the US and Mexico and they have no ability to police it, the border is 75 miles long. By law the US cannot secure that part of the border and the road leaving the reservation is easy to circumvent.

Even if we secure the rest of the Arizona border, illegals can easily get in through the reservation, and then to Tucson, and to other areas from there, apparently that's where most of them are coming from already.

It wasn't until learning of that reservation that I realized the border problem is infact unfixable from our side. The reservation btw is for the Tohono O'odham.

Hm.m..Thanks for that. It seems that there's more to this border issue than what's easily visible on the surface.

new topics

top topics

join