It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama proposing $478 billion public works program in budget

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

I wasn't even on this site during the Bush years.

Nice trolling.

So what about the current guy spending more money that all the presidents up to bush, and does not have a thing to show for it?

He wants to double down on stupid.

Miss the G'damn $787 billion dollar crapulus in 2009 ?

edit on 2-2-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
I notice the OP had no problem whatsoever with the Bush regime's 4 trillion- to 6 trillion dollar public's works program - in Iraq. 4 trillion- to 6 trillion dollar to destroy it, then another 60 billion to rebuild it. (source and source)

But suggest this country should spend it's money to keep it intact, and the wingnuts, as usual, flip out.

Are we still talking Bush?

Bush was a total F up, what does that have to do with this? Our GOVERNMENT is a total F up.

What about Bush?? Really??

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Bush raised taxes on the rich multiple times?

Then decided through an act of absolute despotism to take half of a minorities property because he feels they don't deserve to keep their property.

Indeed!

What about Bush has any G'damn thing to do with current events.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
Yes yes Neo, sociallism is EVIL. Why invest in your country when we can just wait for corporations to help us?
Oh yeah, corporations left you to rot...

Oh, I guess you would rather have people dying in the street than having the opportunity to have jobs. I mean, you have a good job! Why can't everyone be cool like you?

Have you been so hypnotized that you really believe money we give 'them' will ever actually benefit us?

You trust the people in Washington to have the little peoples best interest at heart?

I SO wish I was still plugged in.

There is NO DIFFERENCE between Washington and corporations. Washington is the BIGGEST corporation.

Their sole purpose is to milk the most out of us peons as possible. The cash cow is almost dry, change is coming.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

!

What about Bush has any G'damn thing to do with current events.

Absolutely nothing, that was the point I was trying to make.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

According to ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers), estimated investment needed for our infrastructure by 2020 is 3.6 TRILLION!!! Going on my past experience of any kind of estimate, you could probably double that figure.

Costs will only get more expensive as time goes by...and it would have cost much less if things got fixed in a timely manner.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Corporations pay billion$ in taxes.

Corporations provide millions of jobs.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: buster2010

So tell me.

I am a company. My manufacturing is out side of this country, The majority of my revenue comes from outside the country.

And you think the US government has any 'right' to that ?

THEY DO NOT.

of course not, but, if you conduct any business here in the US, then pay your f'in taxes....go take your manufacturing company and set it up in a place you don't have to pay business taxes. there are plenty of other companies that could make what you make, and also be thrilled to be based in a country that is stable, has the infrastructure, and innovative people to take your place......I'm get so tired of companies telling American citizens to shove it, and do it their way, or else.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: liejunkie01

The problem I have here is that a lot of the infrastructure should be locally maintained at either the municipal or state level. It isn't the prerogative of the Feds to put your local sewer system back together or maintain a state highway or bridge. It isn't their job to build your local schools.

If your municipalities and states can't find the money to do this, then you need to be demanding accountability from them. Why have they squandered the money?

Exactly, in NY we have tolls EVERYWHERE. They were supposed to be abolished when the related projects were finished.
That was 50 years ago....Next they needed the money to support the infrastructure, fine, except now they want MORE money for infrastructure. They are all crack addicts with OUR money.
And our bridges and roads are some of the worst in the country.

Just took a drive to Alabama for my son. The whole way back not a single toll, till I hit NY, $53 it cost me to drive back in my OWN state with a uhaul and car trailer. The welcome sign should say, 'welcome to NY, bend over'.

This country is screwed.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Corporations pay billion$ in taxes.

Corporations provide millions of jobs.

they don't "provide" jobs, they only hire when it is absolutely necessary to make more money, due to their present labor force not being adequate enough to fulfill that requirement. they will fire people and close down in a heartbeat, if they find cheaper labor, and/or can somehow make money by selling the business or moving it to another part of the globe. they don't care about a country or a countries population, period.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well come on. I mean, everyone and their mother knows that all the Govt Programs need are MORE money.

That has been the problem. They are just underfunded.

Gotta love it when the Govt "needs" more money. What a joke. And 0bama seems to be the clown shoes running us into the dirt.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I would not say those that follow this dip# Pres. But those that blindly follow the Govt as a whole are useful idiots.

The Govt for the past what, 100 years has had a steady incline to the budget, yet can't, by some reason, do what it's sole responsibilities are. And now, it wants even more money and we have here, on ATS, the useful idiots bobbleheading in agreement.

Simply amazing.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
I'm most likely not the smartest person on this thread, but I think a good start would be to bring most of our military home. Stop being world police. Concentrate on defending our borders and airspace. Stop giving billions in aid to countries that hate us. Stop rebuilding cities that we most likely destroyed to begin with.

And there you have it. The smartest statement in this thread.

I couldn't agree nor star you enough for this.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Bush isn't in charge anymore.

0bama and his fellow turd-burglars are.

And it is a "Government" thing. Not a Dem vs Rep thing, as they both want more of the people's money.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

It isn't just Bush, it's Republicans in general. The type who grouse about taxes being used to repair or maintain our nation's infrastructure yet were mum when trillions were squandered in the Middle East on a fake war. Of course anytime someone mentions the Republicans should be accountable for their actions out come the fringe defenders or those who quibble "they're all the same," yet oddly never themselves try to hold half of the political system responsible.

The infrastructure should have been addressed a decade or more ago, but a certain class of people wanted to profit off of a tragedy and now here we are, we can do nothing and make the problem much worse for the next decade, or take care of it now.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

A companies sole objective is to make money, from either providing a service or a product.
They are not there to provide jobs. A job is what is needed to provide the service or product.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

You forgot one more item to the list of why Obama may be trying to scrape crumps and counting pennies, we still have to deal with the catastrophic cost of his Obama care to the tax payer here in the US, I mean wait for the withholding of people returns to pay for "fines" vs. the pay out of subsidies, the dent that this will do to the taxable income returns this year is going to be something to be hold.

No wonder he is also trying to appease the tax payer with a promise to "ease" the fines, but I am sure that the pay out of subsidies will be incredible and most of them will go into the hands of those that ride the system because they are cheaters.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hope and change.

or has it become hope and chains?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Corporations provide millions of jobs that contribute to the economy.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

It isn't just Bush, it's Republicans in general. The type who grouse about taxes being used to repair or maintain our nation's infrastructure yet were mum when trillions were squandered in the Middle East on a fake war

Give it a rest already.

Trillions have been spent on the welfare industrial complex same amount of time.

A hell of a lot more.

Infrastructure are LOCAL, and STATE issues.

Robbing from one state to pay for another state is absolute stupidity.

How about they do it like they use to do it in the good ole days ?

Create, issue bonds. Hell they already have property taxes,lotteries,toll roads, and other bull snip.

And the gas tax. That is suppose to pay for infrastructure'.

This G'damn rob from the rich to 'pay' for roads, and bridges is G'damn nonsensical.

No more crap, and what was proposed by the fraudster in chief is PURE CRAP.
edit on 2-2-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join