It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 year old girl shot dead in police station.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Prepare to meet your judge jury and executioner, this is uterly pathetic to shoot a girl you have already beaten up and subdued then get up and draw a gun on her, then shoot her when there are multiple people that can help subdue her without killing her. Another drop in the bucket for murdered people killed by police, but I doubt people will do anything about it but say that sucks for her. Sure he could have shot her in the leg, but nooo he had to kill her. I love to see when people try and defend cops actions reguardless of how irrational they seem to be.
edit on 2-2-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Sure he could have shot her in the leg

That only happens in the movies, a quick search would explain why it's a terrible idea.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

That only happens in the movies, a quick search would explain why it's a terrible idea.

Its not thier duty to kill people, defending a mortal wound to a 17 year old girl after you have her on the ground then get up off her and shoot her is pretty immoral. I hope your never in the same situation lolz.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: thesaneone

I hope your never in the same situation lolz.

I have no desire to walk into police station with a knife knowing there were cops with guns because there is only one outcome. Lolz.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

It might easily be the case that this is something she did more often to scare people away.
This is at night time, not very safe for a girl alone.

What seems strange to me is that she does this and according to the story carries a knife to defend herself while she is supposedly suicidal, that just doesn't fit the story that she wanted to die.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Nope, it happens in real life too, just not in the US apparently.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I don't really believe that. Besides i seen no weapon and she was subdued and under control and released. Then shot with a gun while many people in the room armed with tazers could have used less lethal force as i did not see evidence of this so called gun treat on the video. Follow lock step blindly do you? Or do you work for them? a reply to: rockintitz

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I have a gun and never pulling it or showing it gets you shot? When there was plenty of time and people to resolve it another way.BS i don't believe that is ok.a reply to: rockintitz

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I will be honest with you, looking at the replies in this thread,it is no wonder that people are being shot and killed by the police.

Like it or not,their training is what they have to fall back on in an emergency.That training is what keeps them alive to go home to their spouse and kids. And yes it is a dangerous job and yes they knew that when they took it,but they still want to go home and relax at the end of the day like anyone else. Are there bad cops out there? Oh you bet there are. The abuse and killing of people for no real reason makes my blood boil. But not every case is a murder crazed cop on a rampage.

My brother in law is an ex cop. He starting his training as special forces in the Marines. I never was a fan of cops,but in the big scheme of things, he was okay. I have read books on the polices training methods and why they train as they do. This in no way makes me an expert in police training,but it did satisfy my questioning of their methods.

I know as a child I too grew up with cop shows on TV where they police are chasing someone and yell "stop or I'll shoot". Never happens in real life,stop watching TV.

The police in TV shows shoot for the legs. That makes no sense. The legs can be hard to hit while in movement,and if hit,chances are you will hit a major artery IF you hit them and they can bleed to death before help gets there.If you miss you stand the chance of a stray bullet going and hitting an innocent bystander.They are taught to hit the area with the largest mass which is the chest,no stray bullets,hit the target,it can bounce around in there,but you stand a better chance of being able to get the perp to a hospital.

People do not fall down as soon as they are shot! They are pumped up on adrenaline and will and do keep shooting or fighting back. Police training says to keep shooting until the perp IS DOWN. Doesn't matter what others think about it,if you are shooting or fighting with the police,you take your own life in your hands. Stop fighting or shooting and you won't have an issue.

Tazers work on BARE SKIN. Not on thick winter coats. It will do no good to shoot at a winter coat and think that somehow magically,the perp will go down anyway. Tazers are not the all around great weapon they are purported to be anyway. I know of people they DO NOT work on. Anyone who is mentally ill,its a crap shoot if it will work or not.

These are the safest rules to know when dealing with the police:

If you see flashing lights,pull over ASAP where it is safe.
If the officer asks you questions,answer them but do not admit guilt.Things like your name,address,birthdate,where you work etc. If they ask what you where doing,you can answer,but still do not admit guilt.
If you feel you are being wrongly harassed ,targeted,questioned or whatever the case is,DO NOT ARGUE OR PHYSICALLY FIGHT the cops. This is just plain dumb and will do nothing to make your point in a court room.If you feel the need to fight back,GET A LAWYER. Let them do the fighting for you.You will make that lawyers job a lot easier if you didn't blab your mouth at the time. So make sure you don't argue and call names or anything. Just keep your cool and let the lawyer deal with it.

When you think a cop is after you, DON'T RUN!!!! This is such a dumb move that makes no sense.If they tell you to lay down in the street,do it,if they say put your hands up,do it.It is much easier to argue your case in a court room,IF YOUR ALIVE.

Lastly,NEVER LUNGE at the police. Unless you want to die,then I guess go ahead. The police are trained to nullify all threats to themselves,if you lunge,you ARE that threat.Its a dumb move guaranteed to get you killed. Sometimes cops have real attitude problems,and I have run into a few of them. Still,your best bet is to always keep your cool in dealing with them.If you need to report them afterward for being nasty or whatever,fine.But be calm and polite on your end so they have no reason to think you are a threat.If they do end up doing something to you,you have a pretty good case on them. Just keep the situation from escalating on your end. I would rather be alive to later on sue a police department,than to have my family crying over my grave while their lawyers work on the case.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Meh... Blame the Supreme Court and the mental health activists... If these people could be institutionalized, there wouldn't be these kinds of events.. No suicide by cops, no mass shootings... Nope, we have to let the mentally ill walk among us, damn the consequences...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: roth1

The officer never had her under control if he did then she would have had cuffs on.
We can see that at one point he was able to get her left arm behind her back when she was laying on the floor but we can`t see where her right arm/hand is. I think she had her right hand/arm under her as she was laying on her stomach.
since she had already indicated that she had a gun the officer probably assumed she was trying to pull the gun out so he backed away when he couldn`t pull her arm out from under her.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Kuroodo

They say that it was used and failed.

Failed as in it had no effect?

That's odd. Then what happened to good ole pepper spray? Spray her and when she's distorted or panicked, an officer can tackle her from behind, then the others can run in to assist him. Once she's handcuffed everything is under control!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I agree with you.

while yeah, Sremmos80, it's tragic. We don't know that she was mentally ill. For all we know she could have been seriously wanting to hurt them. Her charging at them was wrong. Even a mentally ill person wouldn't do that i don't think. They're not stupid or anything. They're just sick. Being sick doesn't make someone that stupid. And if she were that stupid she wouldn't be able to write on her hand in the first place.

It was suicide by cop. Unfortunately that stuff happens. It shouldn't. Which is why it's a crime her mental illness wasn't identified earlier. But her sadness made her decide on suicide. She did it intentionally knowing that she would get shot. She didn't have a gun so she had to convince them to shoot her some other way. She manipulated them. I feel bad for the guy who shot her. And I feel bad for her, too. I wish she'd seen that things would have gotten better.

My best friend in high school attempted suicide once. I saved her and told her parents who took her to the emergency room and saved her. I have a lot of empathy for the girl. But this is what she wanted. I think that it's wrong and awful that she wanted to die. I think she's really selfish and really tragic. I am so sad for her and everyone who loved her.

That's why early intervention (at home) is key. So that these things don't happen and don't involve the cops.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I think the police were just as mentally ill in their disregard for proper procedure and the value of human life. ( may be a made up story by the police, would not be the first time ) They did not react like there was a threat of a gun at first. Why would he not handcuff her. Why did he he get off her when he had her pinned down ready to handcuff? Why did they not restrain or tazer her when they had the chance. Seems like they get off on killing. Probably high fived each other after and thew a party. Something more to this story.a reply to: Mirthful Me

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

You can really tell that these people are just guns for hire, not paid to think.

Notice how they do not even approach the body until they notice the paramedics are outside. Then they run over to the body in order to look like they haven't just been standing around chatting the whole time.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

Today in the Netherlands a man threatened the personnel of a car dealer.
When the police arrived he went outside.
You can clearly see the sword he has at 0.06 when he lifts it and runs towards police officers and the blade of the sword is visible when he passes the first officer, they first used pepper spray but that didn't help, one officer dodges him when he runs at him, the other officer runs backwards and then shoots him in his leg.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mirthful Me we have to let the mentally ill walk among us, damn the consequences...

actually we let them rule us and dictate the minutiae of our existence to us.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Are you guys for freaking real? I don't dictate jack squat.

All I ever asked was for small considerations at my places of employment when I got overloaded and needed some time outside to get my stress levels under control with a damn cigarette. Funny how most corporate policies frown upon that these days. Not to mention getting lied about by several gossipy drama oriented co-workers of the teenager variety who thought it'd be "funny" to gang up on me to run me out of their little cafe clubhouse - because - you know - "after all she's crazy - who are they going to believe more? Us or her?"

Don't get me started on that type of crap. It's endless.
I deal with it every damned day.

Thanks for lumping everyone with a condition into one big steaming pile of personal prejudice.

Bad form guys.
Bad form.

edit on 2/6/15 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting clarity

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join