It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 year old girl shot dead in police station.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

According to police, Kristiana Coignard entered the lobby of the police station at 6:28 p.m., picked up the lobby phone and asked for help, but she would not say why she needed help.

Officer Glenn Derr was the first officer to arrive. When he did, police say Coignard indicated that she had a gun.

“She had ‘I have a gun’ written on her hand,” Brian said.

A physical confrontation began when Derr tried to secure Coignard.

During the confrontation, Derr determined Coignard had a butcher knife that she was trying to pull from her waistband.

17 year old girl shot dead in police station.

I am shocked to see this, a 17 year old girl shot dead by the police in a police station while he could have cuffed her when he had thrown her to the floor.
To be honest, i did not see any threat, but a girl walking away from him backwards because he acted agressive.
And if she really had a knife, he could easily have taken it away from her when he had her on the ground.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm not gonna watch that cause just the brief overview of what happened already made me too furious.

This is not just tragic, depressing and outrageous. It's also pathetic. If you can't handle a teenage girl, who is looking for help, in the freaking police station, don't be a police officer.

My condolences to the family.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry, not really breaking.

She does make a charge at the end but it really does seem like that is a product of them losing control over some one that was clearly under control at a couple points.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I don't get it. He threw her on the ground and got on top of her and had plenty of opportunity to put her in handcuffs, but instead just stood back up with his gun pointed at her. If he thought she was a threat why didn't he restrain her when he had the chance?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
And how long was it that it took for backup to arrive. A long time after the scuffling began. And the scuffle did not begin I suspect until she ;showed him the supposed message on her hand. And when she charged at him he already had his gun pointed at her. I did not see any alarm in the body movement of the other officers as if reacting to the alleged butcher knife.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
What happened to the good ole taser?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: zombicide83

Good question, that is why i do not believe the story.

@Sremmos80 thanks for the link.
So she was mentally ill, and initially it was not known what type of 'weapon' (if it really was a weapon) she had.
That only feeds my doubt about the official story.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Some one train this US Police idiots...........some one train these idiots........so that they do not kill children and that too females. SHAME !!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

They say that it was used and failed.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Sorry there is something that is very funny about this girls actions. She does not appear to be in any danger the whole time she is waiting for the police to show up. She does not act agitated or upset or anything at all. She just stands there almost like a mannequin waiting for the police. Then she starts fighting with the first officer to arrive. Why would you print on your hand that you have a gun? I'm thinking it was a set up to kill an officer so she could post it on face book and brag about it. I'll bet if they go into this girls background they find some interesting things about her. People on adreniline can have amazing strength and be hard to control. I notice she became really animated when the second cop showed up. I think she wanted an audience and she had one at that point. Now why she did all this? Who knows,maybe she is a looney toons. Was making some type of social statement for the masses or whatever. All I know is that if I had a gun, I most certainly would not be dumb enough to try to wrestle a knife away from someone. I have seen pics of a cop that decided to try that one. His entire back was flayed open. Not for me.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

edit on 1-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Courtesy!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Well ok, that is your view.

Mine is that she is afraid, she says hi to him when he comes in and than shows her other hand on which is probably written what the story says.
He want's to take the gun away of course if she has a gun, but she moves away from him because she does not feel safe and than he acts quite aggressively.
Precisely what one should avoid in a situation like this, what happened with sitting down and talking?
If they are going through this girls background, they might want to check why she felt so unsafe and insecure, and that answer is most probably the root of her socalled mental illness.

If have seen it often, girls that are abused or sexual harassed.
Her initial response to him when he walks in tells me that she meant no harm.

edit on 1-2-2015 by earthling42 because: grammer

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I don`t think the police did anything wrong,she had a weapon and she was combative.She obviously had no intention of letting the officer disarm her. the police have an obligation to protect themselves and the public from deranged people brandishing weapons.

verdict: suicide by cop

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Yes seems every shooting that involves some one with a mental illness gets that branding...

It just baffles me every time I watch this when I watch the on officer have her on the ground and then gets up and the lot of them just look at her laying there.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I'm not saying that it would never happen,but that is kinda out there as a stretch for a reason.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Who would walk into a police station with the words "I have a gun" on their hand?

I dont think she wanted to leave alive.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
He had her restrained and let her up and aimed the gun at her. He was probably the cause for her distress in the first place with some rude comment. She backed off at first not went at him. She was not there to attack. She was attacked. Several officers there and no one can handle a little girl. When they have tazers and supposed training. They are wimp Pig scum harassing a little girl asking for help i bet. I would like to hear some sound to that video to know for sure what started this event.a reply to: Dimithae

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: roth1
She had mental health issues..tried to commit suicide on 2 previous occasions, I believe she went into the station to do suicide by cop. Mistakes made allowed that to happen.

edit on 1-2-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: roth1

Tazers don't work with thick clothing.This is still something very strange that someone would walk in to a police station so calmly and say they were in danger,refuse to say why,wait calmly for the police to show up,then flash up their hand with the words "I have a gun" written on it,then refuse to cooperate with the officer. I believe vonclod has it right,she was an attempted suicide by cop. She made it.
edit on 2-2-2015 by Dimithae because: misspelled word

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

People on adrenaline can have amazing strength and be hard to control.

Speaking as someone with a mental disorder, I can confirm this.

Other manifestations can include lightning fast speed and combative techniques that don't follow predictable "fighting styles". If she was indeed armed with a weapon, not telling how this could have played out.

Mind you, as someone with a condition, it terrifies me to no end that there isn't better police training when it comes to dealing with individuals with mental illnesses. This is a terrible tragedy and loss of life is never good, make no mistake about my position on that.

But I will say this much in the officers defense - several years ago I was in the middle of an episodic break and the responding officer was very "by the book" and I was calm and complaint....when suddenly, something went very wrong with my mental faculties and the next thing I knew I was in martial arts combat mode doing high flying kicks that I could never pull off in my regular controlled mental state.

We were both shocked at my sudden "switch" in character, and as the officer backed up to avoid a kick to the face, I suddenly came to and realized that I was not in control of myself and forced my consciousness back into place. The officer saw me back down and took the opportunity to rush and restrain. I was immediately handcuffed and thrown in the back of the patrol car.

Luckily, the officer could tell such behavior was uncharacteristic for me (as we had been calmly talking shortly before with no problems or hostilities and very obvious I was fighting disorientation and confusion when he arrived on scene) and immediately afterwards I was taken to a psychiatric center for stabilization and medication re-evaluation instead of a jail cell.

Long story short - don't judge a book by it's cover.

Even a small, slight, waif-ish little girl can do some serious damage if the brain chemistry is severely off balance and even more so if any type of weapon is involved...yes, even a knife. It's time we stop blaming officer's for lack of training and their instinctive self preservation instincts kicking in when faced with these types of cases and start demanding their superiors get their proverbial feces together when it comes to teaching effective and non-lethal take down techniques with combative mental cases.

Hearing and reading about all these lethal outcomes in these types of scenarios terrifies the living jeeps out of me...I'm exceedingly lucky and infinitely grateful my medications and therapies have reduced the severity of my dissociation to the extent they have over the years.

So yeah, that's all I have to say about that.

edit on 2/2/15 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join