It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Masons Are Coming

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hello everyone the moment I have been nervous about has finally arrived. Two Masons should be here in a few minutes to meet my wife, kids and me. I really don't know exactly what to expect, what kind of questions they will ask or anything but I guess I'll be finding out in about ten minutes. I'll keep everyone posted as to how it goes.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Congratulations!!! Don't be nervous, just be yourself.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Meh, masons are nothing sinister any more. Just a bunch of old men that meet occasionally for a piss up. My dad, grandad and great grandad were all masons. Course, I could be wrong, and they could all be part of an ominous NWO, but I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Let us know how you got on

Im sure it will be an intresting evening for you,

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I am a Mason, in fact my entire family are Masons......excluding my daughter, she is a Mason-Healey....

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Yes nothing to panic about.

Its just a formality.

It will be interesting to see what you think of the meeting. Good luck.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
TgSoe~~
I'm sure your evening will go well.
Congrats on your decision and good luck.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I am sure that your guests are just as nervous about meeting you as you are about meeting them. I can remember the night that I met with the committee that was investigating my petition, and allow me to tell you from experience that their job on this evening is far more difficult then yours. The have the future of their lodge to look out for. If you have made it this far I am sure that you have nothing to fear.

My last words of wisdom for you are sit back, relax and enjoy. Otherwise you may miss some of the most interesting parts of the entire Masonic experience

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for congrats. Three men came one of which is my X- brother in law. The two I didn't know were extremely nice, one was about fifty one was about sixty. The fifty year old asked why I wanted to join the Masons and if I were black balled this time would I try again in a year. I told them said I suppose I would. I told them my grandpaw was Master Mason and I had been reading on the subject for about two years and just wanted to be a better man. My three precious girls got out thier gerbils and showed them to them, they love to show those gerbils off. We had a roaring fire going in the fireplace next to the Christmas tree on hard wood floors.

The sixty year old got a rise out of mamma (wife) when they told her," he'll be able to tell you everything but what goes on in a closed lodge meeting, he could tell you but he would have to kill you LOL. We are an organization with a few secrets. " Anyhow the meet went well and they said they would give me a favorable notion and get me started. I'm not really the phsycopath I make myself out to be on ATS. I have worked the same job for twenty years and have been married for 14 years to the same girl.

I really don't like the area the lodge is in where I will be attending and the building is an old orange brick church with bricked up windows but I figure I'll dance with the one that brought me so to speak, meaning the the one who gave me my first Masonic Literature and answered my first questions, the one who caused me to have a questions to begin with. After meeting those other two men last night I will have no problems attending there. I immediately felt right at home with them. Now if I could just figure out what that broken pencil half they left with me is for?

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I am glad everything went okay with your meeting.

There is a lot of hype about Freemasonry and I am glad one of the gents made a joke of the secrecy bit, least the impression I got from your post was that he did, it is concerning to some that there should be secrets in a marriage, but the way I have looked at it is the person the secret is being kept from doesn't mind then it is not down to anyone else to disagree.

I take it your wife was okay with it, otherwise they would of said it wouldn't be right for you to join?

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bondi
I am glad everything went okay with your meeting.

I take it your wife was okay with it, otherwise they would of said it wouldn't be right for you to join?

Well she's not all that happy about the secret part but church board members aren't usually allowed to discuss the details of thier meeting either.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
but church board members aren't usually allowed to discuss the details of thier meeting either.

Really??? Interesting...

What are your plans now, with reference to Freemasonry, still uncertain of any points, any worries or were the gents who visited able to answer all your questions in a way that made you feel more at ease?

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Congratulations TgSoe. Keep us posted!

Just a thought - did you know that your ex brother in law was a member of that lodge? Obviously the two of you still get along...

Guys, is it common for the Master to assign someone who already knows the candidate to the investigation committee?

Just curious.

[edit on 12/16/04 by The Axeman]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amarillo_Brice
Just a bunch of old men that meet occasionally for a piss up.

Heh. Well I'm not old and I also don't drink. I guess the stereotype is broken there, huh?

TgSoe.
Never forget. Your vow to Freemasonry will always come second to the one you made to your wife, but I'm sure that if you do join, your wife will quickly discover that the "secrecy" is not all that others have cracked it up to be. I share my masonry with my wife - she may not know the passwords (she's never asked anyway) but she certainly does know the ritual (as do most masons wives whom I know). If I get stuck on something, I rehearse my lines with the missus and she's probably better at ritual than I am!!!! My wife has no desire to join women's Freemasonry or any female organisation - but she just understands that there are times when I want to go out with my friends and she would no more expect to be able to force things like passwords and such out of me than I would expect to be informed of every little thing told to her in confidence on a "girls night out" by her closest friends.
My wife knows me, and she therefore knows that I'm not up to anything detrimental. In fact if anything, Freemasonry has had a positive effect on her, as I've become a calmer, more well balanced person (or so I hope) and therefore our relationship has strengthened - again, I look upon that as sharing.

As for any other "secrets"? Well to me, these are the secrets of your heart - the way you live your life and why you live it that way. And these are secrets that your wife probably already knows because she did marry you after all.

There's really not much big advice that can be given to you now by the other Freemasons here if you've decided to take the first step. If you have any major questions, you should now turn to you Proposer. As you can see by reading this forum, Freemasonry varies all over the world (though the Principles are the same) and there are some answers that may be given here that will not be pertinent to the area in which you will practice Freemasory. If you are still uncertain - use your Proposer, talk to him. That's what he's there for. Then do what you feel is right.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I am a Mason, in fact my entire family are Masons......excluding my daughter, she is a Mason-Healey....

That was beautiful, well done!

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bondi

but church board members aren't usually allowed to discuss the details of thier meeting either.

Really??? Interesting...

What are your plans now, with reference to Freemasonry, still uncertain of any points, any worries or were the gents who visited able to answer all your questions in a way that made you feel more at ease?

Well I guess now I'll just try to become a Master Mason first and see where the river leads. I might enter the Scottish Rite later as I am a Huge fan of Masonist Albert Pike.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
Congratulations TgSoe. Keep us posted!

Just a thought - did you know that your ex brother in law was a member of that lodge? Obviously the two of you still get along...

Guys, is it common for the Master to assign someone who already knows the candidate to the investigation committee?

Just curious.

Thanks Axe Man
In this case I found him before I knew where the Lodge was, he has been my Masonic contact other than here from the start. We get along fine, I can't even remember now why they got divorced. He wasn't a Mason then, he became a Mason in a sort of thank you to the Scottish Rite Hospital for fixing his daughters crooked spine several years later.

There was one mason there who had not vouched for me so he had to give the talk. they told me there would be a lot of word of mouth stuff to learn that will take some time so we'll see how it all goes.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Congrats, my friend, keep us updated!

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
For those of you who might be new to the Forum I just wanted to let you know that I was initiatied into Masonry on the 11th day of January 2005 and tonight Feb. 2, 2005 I am scheduled to get my 2nd degree. I joined to improve myself in all ways and I believe I can actually feel myself improving as I type this message. So far it has been an interesting experience. I have been working hard on my catechism and enjoying it. ( Catechism - 3 or 4 pages of memory work) There is so much false hype surrounding Masonry, it's nothing like the Anti's claim. All the folk I have met thus far are very nice fundraising, funloving people. I wish I had started ten years ago but I wouldn't have been ready for it as I still had fantasism to go through.

My lodge was going to help a neighboring lodge put on a EA degree last Saturday night and the guy actually fled the seen before they could get started. He got that far and fled, that amazes me. He missed out on a very interesting and exciting event. As I understand it he will never have another chance to join a lodge.

If you are fortunate enough to get accepted into Freemasonry, do yourself a favor and go, a lot of times the guys build it up to be much scarrier than it really is.

I have not seen the slightest hint of anti-christian in Masonry. Most everyone in my Lodge attends church somewhere.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
So you got your FC last week (it says there the 2nd)? I am all kinds of anxious heheh. I still have to wait until probably June or so before my initiation, due to technicality, but I'm going to the stated meeting tonight to meet the guys and see if and how I can get involved in the meantime. I mean I can't go to meetings but I can certainly donate time to fundraisers and things like that. I'm new in this town and I don't know very many people so I figure the sooner I get down there and meet the guys and make myself known, the better it will be in the end.

So the dude just bailed, huh? That's wierd, I guess it happens though. What can you do? Masonry isn't for everyone, or so I'm told.

Yeah I think if you leave on bad terms or whatever you don't get a second chance, and from what I understand they check into that sort of thing, to keep people who have been blackballed from joining somewhere else. Now if you just get your petition declined for some reason, I understand you can repetition after 6 months, but if you bail like that or if you get kicked out or something, that's it, it's over. I think, don't quote me on that...

Good luck on your continued journey and please keep us posted!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join