It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aircar for you!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
that's right i said it!!!

moller international is testing and beginning production of the Skycar, a revolutionary new way of flying!!! as you can see in the pictures, the volantor type craft , vertical take off and landing, is remniscent of the harrier in that it's 4 engines move up and down for take off and flight. it surpasses the helicopter pricewise, and can run on many types of fuel, gasoline, diesel, kerosine! you name it. it can olny hold fourr passengers but remember that it is a personal use aircraft. right for your own home!!! land it in the backyard and stuff. it's all very exciting and pushing me to get the million dollars needed for when it comes out. they expect the price to fall to 100,000 by 2010. check it out

moller international

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It will be fking noisy though. My neighbors will kill me.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
here's what great

from moller.com

Low noise is clearly necessary for a Skycar to operate near or within highly populated areas. The Skycar's multiple ducted fan arrangement is designed to generate low fan noise by using modest thrust loading and tip speeds. Hover tests in the earlier M200X demonstrated a noise level of 85 decibels at 50 feet, less than 30% of the noise level produced by a Cessna 150 during take-off. The company's on-going work in mutual noise cancellation is expected to reduce the M400 Skycar noise level sufficiently to eventually allow urban usage

that's a good thing? ya!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Good idea. When I see how the peoples are driving their cars, I wonder what kind of disaster we will see in the future with the Moller car.

It's impossible to have these kind of cars. The common driver is too much selfish and stupids to have one.

Imagine a french and a italian * driving* that car...
Be ready to have a very good life-insurance, at least a healthcare insurance.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Tsk, i want a XM-3...

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Is that real? It really doesn't look like it could be.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This machine has been around for at least 5-6 years. It's old news.
Again it wont come into production any time soon for a number of reasons.
1. Too expensive. $100,000(AUS$200,000)? Not for the average man.
2. Insurance would be that of a small plain. Cessna maybe?
3. Governments wouldn't allow it. For now anyway.
4. Noise could come into the picture too.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I dont think it's a good concept. And what happen if you are low in essence while flying ?

I've designed a few years ago a airplane, based on another concept, a 100% renewable energy vehicle. I think in a short term, petrol motor vehicles will be banned, at least in europe.

new topics

top topics

join