It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metaphysics of The Above (Heaven) and The Below - our world and sky is symbolic of it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
In our world we have the ground (which is below) and the sky (which is above).

The ground is dark, hard and heavy
The sky is bright, soft and lightweight

Light is from above. Even at night, it's the light in the sky that lights the world (moon).

Even though below is heavy and hard and above is soft and lightweight, the above is not overtaken by below. This is how it is with Heaven (Source/Highest Dimension/whatever you want to call it). It is forever gentle, forever soft, forever bright but the below will not be able to take it over.

Even if below teaches people that the strongest and most powerful are best, the soft and gentle light will always be Highest.

It's beautiful how this physical world is symbolizing spiritual truth about Above and below with Sky and Earth.

Keep in mind, God's world was called "Heaven" which means sky and the below was once called "the grave" and "underworld".

The last are first and the first are last, and the humble will rise exalted while the prideful is kept below to be humbled.

The meek/humble will inherit the Earth when the mindset of Above replaces the mindset of the below in humanity.

The kingdom and Will of Above come.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I feel that the realm we are in now...is a combination of...

The highest level of Hell...

And...The lowest level of Heaven

And...everyday there is a spiritual battle going on between the 2.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

Never thought of it like that.
But it makes sense..from my viewpoint at least.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowSkye

Thank you...I am glad someone agrees!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Apply this logic to yourself, you are both Earth and sky, both body and Spirit. The Spirit looks "down" at the physical world through an image of light, you see that image of light as you read this.

The Earth or body will die but the Spirit does not die. Earth may pass away but the thing above Earth (space) will continue.

Your thoughts, dreams, ambitions, emotions, intellect, wisdom... the invisible qualities of yourself... they reside within heaven. Heaven is within, you're thoughts reside within you.
edit on 2/1/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
One can talk about above and below, name it heaven and hell or underworld.
But if the deeper meaning behind the words is not understood, this knowledge is nothing but an empty phrase.
It is not a spiritual truth, it is just a symbolic explanation for deeper understanding.
Heaven is not sky if we discuss the spiritual realm, nor is below the grave, and a grave is not the underworld.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I think you are being a bit vague and simplifying this. I see holes in your OP.

Heaven does NOT mean "Sky". The Hebrew is "Shamayim (שמים)". It means "heights" or "Elevations".

Our immediate sky is not soft and gentle. Whirlwinds, flooding rain and even volcanic ash fall out of it. In the Bible destruction comes from the sky. The sky is not bright when it is filled with heavy clouds. Space is dark with only the light of stars, etc.

In the Bible the Hebrews referred to 3 Heavens, that is 3 Elevations. They are elevations so that does not count the ground (the earth). It means the firmament, Space and The Father's House. The Third Elevation or Height mentioned by St Paul in Corinthians is The Father's House.

As above, so below, on earth as it is in Heaven is what we pray down from the Father's House and manifest on earth. The earth is physical realm where good and evil are fighting a war. Remember that war is being fought in Heaven also.

The Father and Jesus are not some sentimental soft and gentle puppy loving hippies. In Israel practising Jews know that The Father blesses and curses. He cursed us all with death in the time of Adam. Death is God's curse for disobeying Him. He poured fire down on Sodom and Gomorrah in judgement.

Jesus, resembling the Father was both gentle and stern. The Saviour could be gentle holding babies in his arms and He could be very stern and righteously angry like when He drove the demons into the pigs and they all drowned, like when He whipped them in the Temple for turning it into a "Den of thieves".

We make the mistake of giving God human traits. He is not human. We are just made in His Image (His Imagination). All that we know of Him comes from Jesus, Saints and Prophets. They are the official representatives. We are vain if we think we know better.

Like with the case of St Paul. So many call him an imposter. Christians call Paul and imposter!!! I have no time for that. It is intellectually, scripturally and spiritually stupid. They deny one of the greatest of the Christian Martyrs, who was beheaded for his testimony. I think those Christian gnostic enough to abuse St Paul so are letting Satan in big time. I keep well away from such Gnosticism.

No, don't take away the fire and judgement from God. The Rider On The White Horse will "make war righteously", just as it is written in Revelation. No amount of man's messing and trying to change the Word can stop this.

Jesus is not some peace and love hippy!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
One can talk about above and below, name it heaven and hell or underworld.
But if the deeper meaning behind the words is not understood, this knowledge is nothing but an empty phrase.
It is not a spiritual truth, it is just a symbolic explanation for deeper understanding.
Heaven is not sky if we discuss the spiritual realm, nor is below the grave, and a grave is not the underworld.

Sheol is the underworld for Hebrews. It is where the dead sleep until the Resurrection where ALL souls are raised to judgement on the last day. With the Greek influence in NT times it was also referred to as Hades.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

Niflheimr is the underworld (one of the former primordial worlds) in Germanic Mythology.

while the deads inevitably go to hell, it has nothing to do with physical death, more like unborn souls on their way to rebirth, much like in the kabbalah if i read your reply correctly.

Every year the gates of heaven and underworld open up, and it is a magical time between the years, widely known as the wild hunt.
Something which is still ritually celebrated in Europe, Sinterklaas (Wodan) and the perchts (the deads) visit us each year.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

I would have written exactly what you said about Paul, until I began to really take a look at the evidence. He didnt teach what Jesus taught. He Romanized Christs teachings. I would give you tons of places to research, but this needs to be a personal journey. The Holy Spirit will lead you and guild you, just ask that He show you the truth about Paul. I know your heart wants to follow truth.

Im sure your saying, Ive done that, and I know, that know, that I know, who Paul was. Just fyi it is only assumed Paul was beheaded. He completely changed what Jesus taught, to make it palatable for the Romans. Dont forget, most of the new testament was written by Paul. He never knew Jesus. James was appointed to take over after Jesus, and Paul continued to persecute James, after he became Christian. He even pushed him down a flight of stairs, and one of Pauls congragations didnt allow James in their services. Paul is the only one who said He was called by Jesus. He was called by the Romans to pervert the truth. And we all bought into it.

The real truth about what Jesus believed is in the old testament. Paul is the one who said we are no longer under the law. What we know and believe is limited to the 66 acceptable books. Jesus kept the Feasts days and rituals of the Jews. If we were really living like he did, we would live like the Essenes.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

Your way of seeing it seem to be similar in nature to my own.
. In eastern philosophy Samsara. The in between. There are better places to ascend to and worse places to fall to.

Namaste.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

I like your writing.

Paul for me creates duality. Idolizing religion instead of picking up the cross and following Yeshua example.

When I read Yeshua, Buddha, Nanak and Rumi I see different teachers of the same source. 4 brothers sent to teach about the higher levels of being. Paul and Muhammed creates for me duality in religions where the name of your religion is more important than following the holy spirit.

I hope both Paul is happy wherever that soul is and I hope Muhammed is happy wherever that soul is. But I still have issues with their legacy/teachings. (Do not want to use his soul since they both might not have gender anymore in their individual current states).

Namaste

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

The Catholic Church says that we on earth are part of the church militant.
That kinda goes a bit with what you said.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

The sky is inhospitable. It's not light and soft, but cold and barren. We should see how long life might last up there.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Earth. Air. Fire. Water.

Only the avatar can wield all four elements, and bring balance to the world. 😇

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Various religions have spoken of various levels of reality that link to what we walk around in. Consider this. Kaluza-Klein theory in theoretical physics says that we can complete the Unified Field Theory if we consider more than 3 spatial dimensions. In the Higgs Bosun research, it's been suggested than an explanation for the mass numbers involved indicates a "super symmetry" to other particles in a "quantum entanglement" where those particles might exist in other dimensions. So science indicates the existence of other dimensions linked to our own.

As for the above and below imagery, this could be tied into complexities of though, in that one region is more simplistic thought in the form of emotion and the other is much more complex, being a higher state reached through enlightenment. That itself can be roughly compared to the terms id, ego, and superego. And that thought does not itself exist in only one set of 3 dimensions.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

1 agrees with your interpretation and perception of the LIGHT and Dark analogies associated with the SKY* and EA*RTH boundaries within the thread OP

For if the LIGHT* is to place force or hate on the Darkness outside of defending itself from Dark forces
the LIGHT* becomes dim and eventually in lack of any illumination making the darkness grow.

So one should not overpower the other if a balance is to be found to 1 subjectively...

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Imo, the highest meaning of as above so below is that the inward reflects the outward and vice versa
In other words what’s inside is outside of us...

The lowest meaning to me has to do with what’s in the heavens and what’s in the earth

In other words carrying this further the starts are inside of us in some form

The solar system is inside us in some form.

As God is inside us in some form

And we are in God in some form

God is inside us only within the hears of the perfect human

So God then becomes the below such as a Jesus, Muhammad, Moses, Buddha, Chrisna, etc

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
In other words what’s inside is outside of us...

The inner is the outer, the outer is the inner, there is no separation.

One could say that the consciousness of a person is created by the culture in which that person lives.
Nothing but a copy of the outer that has formed him.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

I like what you wrote up there, it reminds me of a book I'm halfway through and really need to pick back up and finish.

In this book the author speaks of Mother culture as opposed to Mother nature, and just as there are laws of physics, there are laws of how we ought to live.

By not abiding by these laws at some point it is as if humankind has gone into an unknowing free fall as we try to ignore gravity or act as if it doesn't exist.
edit on 5-2-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join