It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Condell , An Athiests look at Islam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I read the thread, and the one thing I noticed is that his "message" hasn't been addressed. Period. Peeps on here are saying the man has a preconceived "agenda" and perhaps he does, I didn't go look him up or anything, so I'll take you guys word for it that he does. So let's say he does. Let's even go so far as to say he is "anti-muslim".

But why not address the topic of the thread? He is saying that Jews are leaving France and other parts of Western Europe, because they are being essentially 'run off' by Islamic terrorists.

I don't think there is any question they are leaving France. That doesn't seem to be an allegation that is up for debate, but seems to be supported by figures.

So to you all, I ask the question, Why are they leaving? Is there a real threat from Muslim terrorists, as the man is in implying, or is it only a perceived threat? Or, or there other reasons why they are leaving?

It is, afterall, the substance of his video, but has been left unaddressed. (This seems to be a "shoot the messenger" response to his assertions, and only that. Just sayin'.)
edit on 2/2/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

The reason his message has not been addressed is because the source from which it comes has a history which cannot be ignored, of passionately sticking the boot into religious affairs, despite being utterly incapable of using his critical thinking skills to look at his OWN attitudes, and finding the flaws in those as well as the flaws in others.

All of the things that he said with which one can legitimately disagree, stem from that, and to deal with them at all, that is the place at which one must begin.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Nonetheless, the substance of his speech is that Jews seem to be fleeing France, and indeed, that seems to be the case. Why do you think that is?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I see a lot of posts in this thread dismissing the speaker in the OP off as an "Islamaphobe". He very well could be, but one could also see the stance where he is coming from.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I agree. He may very well be. I had frankly never heard of him until I watched this vid, and read this thread. According to what others have said on this thread, he's not someone I want to follow on youtube, or anywhere else.

But in this particular situation, he is saying that Jews are fleeing France, and the stats/figures appear to support that, indeed they are.

The question is, are his assertions on the reasons why they are leaving correct, or are they another anti-Islam outrageous lie?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

I agree. He may very well be. I had frankly never heard of him until I watched this vid, and read this thread. According to what others have said on this thread, he's not someone I want to follow on youtube, or anywhere else.

But in this particular situation, he is saying that Jews are fleeing France, and the stats/figures appear to support that, indeed they are.

The question is, are his assertions on the reasons why they are leaving correct, or are they another anti-Islam outrageous lie?
I think there's a half-truth in what is going on. Jews are indeed leaving France. This is most certainly due to Islamic influence, but is the threat real, or simply perceived? That I think is the operative question. And answering that, I think, is mainly a subjective topic.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Well, the fact that Netanyahu basically urged all Jews in Europe to go to live in Israel might have had a considerable amount to do with it, not to mention the huge attention that Anti Semitism has received in the media in Europe over the last little while.

The attacks on Charlie Hebdo, and indeed the kosher supermarket right around the same time, have been far greater in impact than they had any right to be, mostly as a result of prompting and fear mongering from leaders and media figures in my opinion. The exodus would be less of a noticeable phenomenon if it had not been for that, and this leads me to believe that the entire structure of what happened was very convenient for someone. Who that might be remains a mystery to me, but I am certainly incapable of believing, based on the evidence, that the reaction has been anything like sensible for those seeking to leave their homes and move countries, based on a pair of incidents presided over by insane people with guns.

I believe the exodus would be smaller, if people had been left to their own devices, to make up their own minds free of media hype and stimulus from Netanyahu, because left to their own minds, most people have a spark of defiance, a spark of resistance to oppression within them. These things lead a person to stand strong, even when the odds actually ARE against them, even when they are faced with all manner of injustices, including but not limited to assaults and even termination.

Being threatened is not a reason to leave. It is a reason to fight ones ground, to take whatever comes and kick it in the pelvis till you hear a snapping noise. I do not believe that people would forget that so easily, if the threat level was not so vastly overhyped.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well, the fact that Netanyahu basically urged all Jews in Europe to go to live in Israel might have had a considerable amount to do with it, not to mention the huge attention that Anti Semitism has received in the media in Europe over the last little while.

The stats I read showed that twice as many Jews left France in 2014, as they did in 2013, and even more expected to leave in 2015. All that well before Netanyahu's speech in France following the Charlie Hebdo attack.

Being threatened is not a reason to leave. It is a reason to fight ones ground, to take whatever comes and kick it in the pelvis till you hear a snapping noise. I do not believe that people would forget that so easily, if the threat level was not so vastly overhyped.

So, you are suggesting they stay and fight? Fight what? Should there be a revolution in France?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
in response to "Women are only worth half the man" from ManBehindTheMask

I live in Western Australia and I see it regurlarly how Muslims dont act with Western anglo-saxons values. And fair enough.
I visit their countries and respect their traditions. But on the same hand to say that Muslim women are treated as equal to men BY their own men - in 1st world is drawing a long bow

So do you have the same complaints towards Orthodox Jews who do this as well? Women may not be on the same level in the west among Muslims, but they certainly aren't being treated at the level they are treated in the 3rd world. It really becomes a cultural problem, because our laws prevent them from discriminating against their women.

I am tired of criticism of Euro backround values using the catch all of racism. It be'd more intellectually honest to call it for what it is Cultural/ethnic sublimation of western values.

Well it needs repeating more and more because many can't figure out when they are being racist/bigoted.

We all like to ignore the elephant in the room. Whole suburbs in England and Paris where no anglo saxon dare enter.
Forced multi-culturism - National borders are next - oh hang on there are no borders within the EU

There are whole neighborhoods in America where white people dare not enter or black people dare not enter or some other minority dare not enter. Generally we just call those places racist ghettos, but somehow it is a much bigger problem when Muslims do it.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Even if all they fight is fear itself, that is better than running.

One can gussy up "civilisation" all one likes, but ones rights are only ones rights for exactly as long as one is prepared to fight for them. Once they are abandoned, they are nothing.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
But nobody wants to address the message in the video. He says:

1. Jews are fleeing France. (which they are.)

2. They are fleeing because they are being run-off by Muslims. (the sticky, ugly part)

No comments on his actual message, I see. Too bad we can't go canvass the neighborhoods, and take a survey on why they are leaving. They don't like the couture? The food? Are they being persecuted because of their religion, culture, or heritage?

Oh dear. I guess we'll never know.
edit on 2/2/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

What he IS neutral on is that hes an atheist..........so whats his agenda if hes an atheist?

to completely undermine any theocratic sympathies that may be at work on the internet.

although...opinions on the internet...thats asking for trouble.

edit on 2-2-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Horse leavings. They are being run off by not having the bottle to confront those who wish to see them leave, or worse, by being convinced by the media that they are under more threat than they really are.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Know your source.

You all know, of course, that Pat Condell was/is a stand up comedian. Right?

He said he came from the era where you could say anything and rile up the crowd. When things started getting PC, he moved on to writing.

Here is what Dawkins said about him:

Richard Dawkins, author of The God Delusion, said of Condell that "Pat Condell is unique. Nobody can match his extraordinary blend of suavity and savagery. With his articulate intelligence he runs rings around the religious wingnuts that are the targets of his merciless humour. Thank goodness he is on our side".

The Common Sense Atheist's response to Pat:

Pat’s videos are always entertaining – for people who are uninterested to be “offended” at things, anyway – but they are so full of insincere hyperbole and black-and-white thinking, I sometimes wonder if he’s serious or if he says what he does merely because it’s rhetorically effective. Maybe I’ll write a serious response and he’ll come back to say “Oh come on, man, can’t you see I was only joking?” But if so, this would be a useful revelation to many of his viewers, and if not then I am indeed engaging him for what he really means to say. - See more at: commonsenseatheism.com...

edit on 2-2-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

No I didn't "basically" say that...

I gave an example of why criticism isn't frowned upon.

& I've found no Quranic verse which says Muhammad cannot be drawn...

That was a later addition by men who deemed it tantamount to Idol Worship.

Should he be killed for his thoughts?

Depends on the thoughts & the intent behind turning them into words.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

No I didn't "basically" say that...

I gave an example of why criticism isn't frowned upon.

& I've found no Quranic verse which says Muhammad cannot be drawn...

That was a later addition by men who deemed it tantamount to Idol Worship.

Should he be killed for his thoughts?

Depends on the thoughts & the intent behind turning them into words.
No man should be killed for his thoughts or words, no matter how depraved, until those thoughts or words become action.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You're entitled to your opinion on the matter...

I'll stick with mine.

I salute those who attempted to assassinate Hitler long before he'd invaded anywhere or killed anybody...
Just a target for his words...

& rightly so.

I avocate that for anybody who's intentions are nefarious.

& I'd rather get to them before their words can be acted upon.
edit on 2-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

yup there is political correctness for everyone but Christians and Jews

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Dear Lady, yes Jews are leaving, just like Christians and other indigenous middle eastern groups are fleeing the middle eastern countries, because of Islam.

3,2,1, here come the apologist

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join