It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Condell , An Athiests look at Islam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The guys got some serious double standards...

Atheist or not...
He is a COINTELPRO Zionist... imo!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Have watched a lot of Pat's videos and think he is on the money on so many levels. We need politicians just like him more than ever. Pat will bag any religion if it's required. It's just that Islam and it's adherents requires it more.

As Pat would say.....PEACE

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ChesterJohn

That is just not true but I guess it is fun to say.
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

How is it not the actions of the few when we are talking billions of people?

Of course you need to use saudi, like that is the end all say all country.

And if you want to bring up hamas you gotta bring up the other guys.
But it is common sense that israel is always in the right correct?
So maybe that is why you won't.

Because its not just a "few" , im not sure if youve noticed but there is enough right now to lay siege to the middle east at the moment.....

And I use Saudi, because yeah, its a country and it condones this sort of thing....

Why such cognitive dissonance.......

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
The guys got some serious double standards...

Atheist or not...
He is a COINTELPRO Zionist... imo!

So because he has an opinion that states common sense that we need to be seriously looking at something thats becoming an issue, then hes a Zionist agent?

Come on.......

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: fishwhisperer
Have watched a lot of Pat's videos and think he is on the money on so many levels. We need politicians just like him more than ever. Pat will bag any religion if it's required. It's just that Islam and it's adherents requires it more.

As Pat would say.....PEACE

I absolutely agree, and hes pointed out hypocrisy in a lot of different things......

Its just interesting because the governments and progressives of this world have made Islam a "hands off" policy that anyone who says anything negative or doesnt tread lightly must either be an agent provocateur , or immediately discredited....

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Cause saudi is not the end all country.
You do know there are other countries that are primarily muslim right?

And they are not laying siege to the ME, they are taking advantage of a massively destabilized region.
And still, compared to the billions of people, what percentage do you say is part of it?

This guy doesn't pull the punches on everyone but a particular group and targets a specific that just so happens to align with the views of the people he avoids.
How is that not an agenda?
edit on stSun, 01 Feb 2015 19:52:29 -0600America/Chicago220152980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

So youre denying that there is a problem with people in the muslim faith and indeed an entire country

That kills gay people....

Keeps women in subjigation....

Refuses to let anyone have their own religion

Slaughters people for a cartoon

And is cutting a swath across the ME beheading anyone who doesnt think like they do?

We can talk around in circles all night long, but the fact of the matter is.........these arent Isolated incidents......

This happens every day of every week all over the world........and they do it because of their faith

Dont misread me, I know there are plenty of muslims out there who do not believe this way......

CharlieSpiers is muslim, and though we disagree a lot, I dont think for one second that he believes these actions are justifiable, nor do I think he would ever dream about doing anything like this......

But What I DO believe, is that Islam needs to go through a reformation , that this sort of Islamic theology needs to end........These imams that are preaching and teaching this as a matter of "duty" need to be stopped......
edit on 2/1/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I am denying that we need to blanket the whole religion based on their actions as there are plenty of others that don't follow the same mentality.

And denying that we need to do so cause this guy, who by his own admission in his video from seven years ago favors the jewish religion to the rest of them, says so as if he is the man we all need listen to.
edit on stSun, 01 Feb 2015 20:05:27 -0600America/Chicago220152780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
He does seem to be heavily biased about Israel but everything he says about muslims in Europe is true.

Everything he says is straightforward and apparent to anyone with common sense and most crucially, it's easily verifiable with just a modicum of research, or, if you live in Europe like me, you'll be up your ears in it and won't have to research it.

I dare you to refute anything he says in the video. By all means, try debunking it, you can't!

The results are already in, mass immigration has failed spectacularly, the evidence is all around us and this is why we're seeing an emergance of parties in Europe challenging this blatantly stupid policy.

It's pretty ironic that the European left will call the immigration critics nazis when they're always defending muslims that act like nazis, as well as being dyed-in-the-wool (soft(for now))totalitarians themselves. Just another historical joke.

Then we've got Israelis in Israel acting like nazis too, another ironic joke. Because the only ones being accused of being racists and nazis are white people reacting to a senseless and suicidal policy.

Karma, you are a funny mistress.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

If his idea to "boycott Halal slaughter" was common sense, he would also condone the boycott of Kosher slaughter which is exactly the same thing...

Instead he skirts around the issue to appease his Masters by saying;

"As a vegetarian I oppose kosher slaughter too, but it’s not the thin end of an aggressive cultural wedge that threatens our basic liberties."

He is a stooge to Israeli Zionists.

Not because I disagree with him or find him to be incredibly ignorant...
But because what's good for the goose, isn't good for the propaganda!
edit on 1-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

If his idea to "boycott Halal slaughter was common sense" he would also condone the boycott of Kosher slaughter which is exactly the same thing...

Instead he skirts around the issue to appease his Masters by saying;

"As a vegetarian I oppose kosher slaughter too, but it’s not the thin end of an aggressive cultural wedge that threatens our basic liberties."

He is a stooge to Israeli Zionists.

Not because I disagree with him or find him to be incredibly ignorant...
But because what's good for the goose, isn't good for the propaganda!

his point is that Jews arent running around demanding we make concessions for them in the countries they live in.....

On the Halal thing, honesly I dont care it doesnt effect me here , at least where I am in the states

But you are seeing a rise in Muslims raising a stink about pork being served in restaurants that.......you guessed it, serve pork........so they throw a fit and want it changed.....

Thats the point hes making here

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I suspect that most zionists are atheists.

Other than that, I listened to this twice and still can't quite wrap my head around the real message here.

As far as Jews leaving, for whatever reason, France has the biggest problem in Europe, I believe, and the UK is worried it will happen there too.

What I'd love to see is more real stats...maybe when I get a minute.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Respectfully disagree buddy...

A Rabbi recently said that Jews should be allowed to arm themselves in France...

Not everyone, but Jews...

Also, anyone on the BDS Movement against Israel is defamed as an anti-Semite...

Let this guy make a stink about boycotting Kosher... See how the Jewish community react.
Then I'll believe he is genuinely non-partisan.

Banning pork is a seperate issue, he shouldn't use one extreme to counter another...
That makes it seem like tit for tat rather than a true cause...

& for what it's worth, I think banning pork in restaurants that serve it is stupid.

edit on 1-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

But What I DO believe, is that Islam needs to go through a reformation , that this sort of Islamic theology needs to end........These imams that are preaching and teaching this as a matter of "duty" need to be stopped......

This can't happen as you are insinuating that because the Christian Church went through a reformation then so can can Islam. This can't and wont happen because Christianities reformation was about the church changing it ways but not the foundation scripture. Islam's scripture needs to change and the imams or whatever are just preaching for what it means and demands. you can't reform a scripture and it's associated parts which in islams case is the Haddith and Sunna.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Israel's first Prime Minister was an Atheist...

The Zionist movement is only partly connected to Judaism.

I'm confused by the exodus stats to be honest because a lot are said to be leaving Israel for elsewhere so I have no idea where these Jews are going.
I'd hazard a guess at America.

Back on topic, criticism of Islam is not frowned upon...
Contrary to that, the Quran is full of debate techniques that will occur from believers & non believers alike...
With predictions to the argument on both sides.

eg Believers, you will say such and such, and they will say such and such, then tell them such and such, & they will reply such and such...
There are many, many verses like this.

It's not the criticism, it's the abusive tone, the judgemental tone, & the insulting tone that are frowned upon.

This guy falls into the abusive-judgemental-insulting category imo.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Very good video expressing what many of us feel. And all the double talk here, complex issues indeed. Well, if its such a complex issue, mind you, Saudi is massively oppressive to women, Iran as well, and to gays, or anyone who expresses their own views in a blog, etc, etc. and its so complex, only a few. Well it takes a majority to endorse a system or it would gone. Thats a given. Sooner or later, gone. If the majority doesnt approve and feels totally enslaved, the system will topple. Now, if its so complex, trust me when I say, we in the west don't want to deal with this complex problem they're having. They need to sort it all out somewhere else, except for the very few who are living progressive, decent, kind and equal lives who aren't cutting their daughters genitals like they are doing in Europe. I'd be charging the parents for breaking the law in all those cases, with women divorced, in ripped up blue jeans like everyone else. Unless we see freedom and what it means to be free, they can go sort themselves out somewhere else.

And, I'm not pro Jewish, but I'm not anti Jewish. I am pro every single person on this planet to live in safety, peace, freedom, and not be under the thumb of a dictorship, corporate rule, or theocracy of any kind.

Not only that, but against suppression of views like this, as if a minority can force evil down the throats of a majority and then suppress their voices.

edit on 1-2-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Back on topic, criticism of Islam is not frowned upon...
Contrary to that, the Quran is full of debate techniques that will occur from believers & non believers alike...
With predictions to the argument on both sides.

you do realize that you basically said that Criticism of Islam isnt frowned upon.........as long as its falls into the category that the Quran considers acceptable.......

Because obviously drawing and criticizing Muhammad falls outside of that pre-requisite

This guy falls into the abusive-judgemental-insulting category imo.

Should he be killed for his thoughts?

How is it abusive to say that people killing in the name of islam are bad and we should see that for what it is?
edit on 2/1/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The guys a shill or a Jew pretending not to be one.

You say he criticises all religions, can you show me where he says 1, just 1 critical thing about Israel or Judaism.

I normally find ignorant, hateful morons like him quite amusing but now even just seeing his face let alone hearing his words makes me Ill.
Have you watched his vid about Jesus and how stupid Christians are, he even speaks like a Religious Jew would in that vid, calling Jesus a false Messiah, not a charlatan, not a fake but a false messiah.

If you have no issues with him being unbelievably biased fantastic, good for you.
If however you really believe he is non partisan and without agenda then Ive got some cheap tickets to a Unicorn and Elves Safari for ya

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
This may sound a bit pretentious, but I try not to hate on groups or people. I don't find it does me any good (I mean does Pat Condell, look like a happy contented man)? I don't think so. I'm of the opinion all religions are open to ridicule and criticism. religion should hold no place in today's society. Just because Christianity is more benign than Islam, I don't think it deserves special treatment over Islam. Moderate christians are just as guilty for allowing the spread of Islamic extremism as any other section of society. Moderate religious followers, for self preservation have allowed an environment, where criticising any religious belief to be taboo. This has allowed extremism to rise unchecked. For fear of upsetting the religious of all faiths.
edit on 2-2-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

Why use this Pat Condell, when there are far more eloquent and well intended athiests you could have picked a video from, Like the late great Christopher Hitchens or Sam Harris or professor Richard Dawkins. There's plenty of articulate athiests out there who challenge Islam, but for some reason the OP has chosen a rant by Patt Condell. He gives athiests a bad name
edit on 2-2-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
An atheist who writes excellent books on this subject matter is Ibn Warriq. He goes point by point and presents facts that debunk Islam (and chunks of Christianity), that can't be argued with. No one can accuse him of any alleged 'zionist agenda'. I highly recommend his writings. They are eye opening and educational.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join