It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Final Answer to the Racial Question

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: HyphenSt1
The Final Answer to the Racial Question

What is the racial question?

You're right. Race IS an abstract, meaningless factor of an individual. Tell that to the cops that shoot a black man on sight and tell all the people who support them and call the dead man a "thug".

There IS a real problem. It's not a person's race, it's how they're treated because of their physical traits.

This is an important point.

Is race real? No, it is a social construct that has caused countless problems across centuries, from slavery to racial profiling.

But, for centuries many people including the authorities most definitely act as if it's real, and have mistreated often people of certain races. It is this we need to address, the fact not that race is real but the fact the many people THINk and ACT as if it is, to this day.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen
there are 2 kinds of people i personally have a problem with:

1. people who think their race is superior to other races.
people who promote this view are very often poorly educated and jobless, so that’s some funny irony right there.

2. people who say there is no such thing as race and all humans are basically the same. maybe their world looks different through their rainbow-coloured politically correct glasses, but come on… an asian and an african… no difference? differences even go down to chemical levels of encymes and dna.

oh and for the record: i absolutely love those differences! imagine a world where really all humans look, act, talk and feel the same. how boring!

I agree with 1 fully.

Two, I fully understand your point. But the problem is what your implying is another logical fallacy, that we can essentialize and even measure what those "real" characteristics are of race. For example, genetic AND psychological studies have shown conclusively that there is more diversity within groups such as race than there is BETWEEN groups such as race. Fact.

Also, there is astounding diversity across Asia, or Europe and European Americans, or Africans, etc. There IS NO monolithic White culture. There IS NO single Black or African culture. There IS NO one Asian culture. India is completely different from Japan, just as Sweden is from Greece. The Congo is NOT the same as Madagascar.

Diversity is great, but do not make the mistake of essentializing or stereotyping massive groups that happen to be artificially placed into one group based on coming from a continent or a basic skin color.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: HyphenSt1

Racism like organized religion is a means of controlling the masses.
The 0.001% know this trick well and execute it to perfection.
King Obama I is a master at this tool of control.
We are a pretty well studied species. The "dark command" know how to keep the sheeple reactionary and fearful of each other.

We outnumber them 1,000,000:1. They counter our clear advantage with petty divisions. Checkmate.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

I concur.

so now what if we somehow steered the mainstream discussion toward realizing this! There is no violent solution needed, just a matter of helping each other realize the Truth of the matter, which is: we have no reason to waste our time being obligated to things like our "political stance", our "religion", our "race", our "culture", or even "our country"..

what if everyone started to realize that not only should they not judge others upon their race or creed, but also that they shouldn't judge themselves by this criteria either..

this wouldn't even have to make it onto the TV, Radio, or even the Internet..

people discussing amongst themselves, in their daily lives and acted upon this realizations, i think things could change for the better, real quick

top topics

<< 1   >>

join