It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Walker Leads Iowa 2016 GOP Field

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I have been doing a little bit of research on Walker to see where he stands on the 'issues'. According to a recent poll he is leading in Iowa. I will say he seems to be a better alternative than the dog and pony show so far.

At 15 percentage points, he leads a big, tightly packed field of potential contenders in a new Des Moines Register/Bloomberg Politics Iowa Poll of likely Republican caucusgoers. The caucuses are scheduled for Feb. 1, 2016.

Source

Christie,and Bush I can see the 'establishment' throwing out there to play the 'moderate' card once again. Even learning nothing from the last two elections.

Walker on the issues sounds he just might draw out the people who stayed home during the last elections, and below are 7 key issues. He is likely to get hammered on.

I agree with him on 1,2,3,5,6,7. However his rivals. The left will hammer him on 4 big time.

Walkers political positions

Walker with stood everything the left threw at him in Wisconsin. The guy doesn't have the baggage other presidential prospects do.

At this stage of the game. Walker looks like having the best shot at winning the game in 2016.

Of course that is subject to change

Get ready for the greatest show on earth: American presidential elections.
edit on 1-2-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The GOP should run with Walker/Paul or Walker/Carson or Walker/Huntsman. But they won't. The old family ties and money with Bush will kill that. It'll be a Bush/Clinton head to head. ARGH!

edit on 2/1/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If he wants to run for the presidency and more and more people are in support of gay marriage why would he still want to be on the other side of that?

Who does he have backing him financially?
Cause we all know that is what wins elections these days.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

If he wants to run for the presidency and more and more people are in support of gay marriage why would he still want to be on the other side of that?

Well historically marriage has ALWAYS been between a man, and a woman. Always about influence, and money though.

Even today the only thing it is about is money, and benefits.

Then again the federal state needs to get out of it.

Who does he have backing him financially?

I have no idea. Might want to check out opensecrets. That site tells who is giving to who, and how much.
edit on 1-2-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Two problems I see with him:

1) he's going to have almost zero name recognition and political capital

2) the abortion thing is going to be a big issue I think. On social issues beyond government dependency, in general. From that snippet, he seems to have a pretty hardline approach.

He may not have the same baggage as some others, but he's not squeaky clean either. He's been involved, even if only peripherally, in a couple of investigations regarding some financing issues.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I don't know about his politics but Tilt was a killer album.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Yes, money is a huge factor. So is grass-root support.

Limbaugh gives Walker acknowledgment while hastening to add he never endorses a candidate.

His base statement regarding Walker is "he gives a blueprint on defeating the left".

Like Rush or not, his exposure and comments are heard by 10s of millions...that makes up for money/advertising shortfalls the non-establishment backed candidates suffer from to a large degree.

Gawd, just had a unnerving thought. Perhaps an Establishment candidate uses Walker as his second?.......
edit on 1-2-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

How much of that has been lawfair from the unions and opponents seeking to make something out of nothing? They investigate and investigate and hope at the end they find some "there" there and in the meantime they get the local press salivating at the prospect of taking someone out and tarring and feathering them in the meantime?

It's a common tactic and dishonest.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Maybe we'll know who's funding him soon.

Common Cause and CMD Seek Public Records on Scott Walker's Retreat with the Koch Brothers

Watchdog organizations Common Cause and the Center for Media and Democracy jointly filed a public records request today seeking details of Governor Scott Walker's trip to a secret fundraising retreat hosted by billionaire industrialist mega-donors Charles and David Koch in Palm Springs, California.

The request seeks details of who paid for Governor Walker's travel expenses, and recent communications between the governor's office and the Kochs' secretive political apparatus, which plans to spend $889 million in advance of the 2016 elections. Yesterday, three days after attending a closed-door meeting with the Kochs and other wealthy donors, Governor Walker announced he was forming a new fundraising committee ahead of his potential 2016 presidential campaign.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

We also know who was throwing money in Wisconsin to get rid of Walker during those recalls.

The other sides billionaires, and unions.

Pot calling the kettle.

I always love it when the Koch's get up, as IF they are the only ones trying to buy elections.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I was answering a question. Specifically about his funding.

I eat raw food so neither pots nor kettles interest me all that much.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

A guy he appointed to a position went to prison. Another guy who worked for him went to prison.

He is "100%" against abortion, even in cases of rape or incest.

Right or wrong, it's going to be brought up.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

America desperately needs a fiscal conservative, strong leadership capabilities. Someone who can actually work the books and balance a budget, and lead people.

Damn the corporate interests and foreign policies. Save a sinking ship before it's too late.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Thanks for the information. I'd already lost interest.

Scott's mildly interesting. I agree with you that he'll get hammered on number 4. Which really brings up another interesting question. Even if he were to win the Republican nomination, which I seriously doubt, could he win a national election? With those 7 points, I seriously doubt it. The reason being is twofold, 1) he alienates more than he attracts and 2) he sounds a lot like out-of-touch, wishful thinking. So, on:
1. Less government dependency: alienates the entire "gemme summit mista" crowd and that is now a huge voting block.
2. Fiscal conservative: rings up the austerity bell; that'll alienate the "its for the children" crowd. The teachers unions and their huge base of supporters. And it might well alienate the Wall Street bunch.
3. Principles: (Conservative Principles); that triggers the "He's just another white guy ascending via white privilege" crowd. Sad but true, but hawking conservative principles in today's america is kinda like trying to sell buggy whips at an auto show. It also plays up the class envy thing because as far as the leftists are concerned, conservative values just means more money for the 1%. It'll never play with the "live in mom's basement, work as a barista at Starbucks" crowd.
5. Second Amendment: Might get fly over country votes, but entirely alienates the Coasties.
6. Immigration: Bye-Bye to the Hispanic vote.
7. Energy: Sounds good, but a) with $1.89 gas, it doesn't matter to the average mush head voter and b) gotta remember the "youth" vote...they're all up on global warming/climate change...its near a religion with them which is why they ride their bikes to Starbucks.

Summary: Can't win a national election when you alienate every special interest group the Democrats have so masterfully nurtured. What we have to remember is that on a national level, Walker's up against a demographic and ideological problem. The only way to win is to not fire up the special interest groups. Also, the statement: "In America you can do anything and be anything no matter what your background. You have equal opportunity, but the outcome is up to you." is really, really stupid for a candidate to make in a country where the populace has been nurtured at the teat of class/race/economic envy. It's near sophomoric to make such a statement in the context of a national election. Worse, everyone with a brain knows that the US is sitting at historic low labor participation rate and with each year of advance in robotics and 3D printing, its pretty obvious that more will be produced with fewer hands.....forever.

As they say on Top Gear..."Interesting, but rubbish".

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I am pretty darned conservative-but I have no problem with gay marriage.

Besides-most STRAIGHT marriages end up in divorce-and other peoples' sex lives mean nothing to me.

I think the only reason many conservative politicians are against gay marriage because they pander to the church.

One more reason to get religion out of government.

The liberals pander to the terrorists-the conservatives pander to the church.

Really just choosing the lesser evil.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The Koch brothers.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

Oh ya, they totally pander to terrorist...
Lets hold they hyperboles

Both sides have done their due diligence in funding those guys.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Good luck to the GOP

Will be one hell of an accomplishment to win the biggest national election by still believing a big part of the population doesn't deserve the same civil rights as the rest.
edit on 2/1/2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well, a full year before polls open for voting in primaries and caucuses, I know a poll that has (fill in name) in the lead since I saw it on (some website) so it has to be accurate and true.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Good luck to the GOP

Will be one hell of an accomplishment to win the biggest national election by still believing a big part of the population doesn't deserve the same civil rights as the rest.

They will win if your stupid enough to run a clinton.

Same as you will win if they are stupid enough to run a bush against a non clinton.

And you all lose if its clinton verse bush.

Of course to me your all stupid for voteing democrat or republican in the first place.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join