It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The answer is 42

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Elisa24

The conclusion is, and i can see that's debatable, but there are people saying, we got till 2030 and then we have to pay the bill for over 100years of industrialisation. Instead of round-up and all that there are alternatives we could switch to and buy somemore time to clean up our mess and find ways of living in harmony. But to live in harmony with an planet that has restricted capabalities of fullfilling our human nature, which is the pursuit of infinite growth, we need to outsource the things we know are harmfull to her and, because we are trapped here for the forseeable future, ourselves.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: charlyv

I think you mean neodymium.

Yes, you are correct. Thanks. I use molybdenum oxide magnets in a few projects and confused the two.

edit on 2-2-2015 by charlyv because: s

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

9 to the base 13 times six to the base thirteen does equal 42 to the base 13.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: intrptr

9 to the base 13 times six to the base thirteen does equal 42 to the base 13.

And if we had 13 fingers on our two hands (6 on one, 7 on the other?? 6 1/2 fingers on each hand???
), then maybe humans would have developed a base 13 system as their go-to default system.

edit on 2/4/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

But then, imagine what kind of mathematics the descendants of marketing consultants, PR flacks, advertising art directors and telephone sanitizers would develop.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Well you are focusing on the symbols I use to describe what i can't tell you what the integral or approach or reachable outcome might be. Yet that is. But maybe it is meant to say, the uncertainty relation is there because we still have to find the right symbols, to approach the correct answer. Something we missed a background frequency, creating amplitudes that are unpredictable, because, we can't measure, see, or even describe in what envrinronment they live, what circumstances they respond to=> what that background noise is.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Well you are focusing on the symbols I use to describe what i can't tell you what the integral or approach or reachable outcome might be.

No, I'm simply pointing out an interesting arithmetical curiosity likely to appeal to fans of The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

The uncertainty relation is there because we still have to find the right symbols, to approach the correct answer.

Wrong, although I don't blame you, since it is clear you don't have the scientific knowledge necessary to understand the topic (even though you are the thread starter). Quantum uncertainty is not due to us lacking the tools or methods necessary to resolve it; it is a fundamental property of the universe itself.

Molybdenum, by the way, is nothing new. It was isolated in 1781 and has a number of industrial uses, such as in the manufacture of very hard alloy steel, or as an industrial lubricant. Its other uses are listed on its Wikipedia page.

Something we missed a background frequency, creating amplitudes that are unpredictable, because, we can't measure, see, or even describe in what envrinronment they live, what circumstances they respond to=> what that background noise is.

No, that's just New Age fantasy. Frequency is just a measure of how fast something oscillates.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join