It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe's 'Last Dictator' getting nervous of Russia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Please list the Nazis in Ukraine that are being supported.

The extreme right/nazi Azov Battalion are being supported by the Ukrainian government,who is being supported by the EU.

A commander was elected to the Ukranian parliment in December 2014:

Recently Timur Olevsky, a Russian reporter working for the independent TV channel TVRain, conducted an extended interview with Andrii Biletskiy, head of SNA, former convict on charges of conspiracy to carry out terrorism, Azov’s commander and a newly-elected member of the Ukrainian parliament.

euromaidanpress.com...

Azov deputy commander appointed Kiev chief of police,october 2014:

"Just now, during the solemn meeting on the occasion of awarding policemen fighting in the ATO, Interior Minister Arsen Avakov said that he has appointed 35-year-old deputy Azov battalion commander, police Lieutenant Colonel Vadym Troian chief of the Kyiv region police," Herashchenko wrote Source: en.censor.net.ua... Source: en.censor.net.ua...

There are two neo nazis in the EU sponsored Kiev regime..
I am not trying to be an aggitator-it just really baffles me that the EU are supporting these nazis-maybe not everyone in the Kiev government is far right,but some are and the EU is supporting that as far as I can see.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
There are two neo nazis in the EU sponsored Kiev regime..
I am not trying to be an aggitator-it just really baffles me that the EU are supporting these nazis-maybe not everyone in the Kiev government is far right,but some are and the EU is supporting that as far as I can see.

To be fair, Ukrainian government is not a "regime" and the EU is not sponsoring it. The Ukrainian government is Europe-leaning and the EU are supporting them, including sanctioning Russia for their actions which are well documented.

If there are Nazi-like, or ultra nationalists in the system, these are not being supported by the EU. They are incidental and likely exist in all government systems that have a wide constituency.

The biggest party in the Ukrainian parliament is known as the Petro Poroshenko Bloc and is social democrat. I don't want to do the research for you, but have you thee name of any far right Ukrainian parties represented in their parliament? Perhaps, except the Right Sector that has one seat (of 450).

Regards
Regards

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

He ran as an independent and successfully disbanded Patriot of Ukraine - Andrii Biletskiy

He joined in May and left when the party was disbanded - Lieutenant Colonel Vadym Troian

No right wing group gained enough votes to have a seat in Parliament, including the Communist party.

Please explain what makes them Nazis.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

So you're not trying to upset people but felt the need to post about Nazis in Ukraine under a thread about Belarus. That's hard to believe.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

So you're not trying to upset people but felt the need to post about Nazis in Ukraine under a thread about Belarus. That's hard to believe.

The fact is Belarus is worried about putins ambitions-all the ex eastern bloc countries are worried.
The EU is worried-enough to turn a blind eye to the rise of the far right in Ukraine-because they are fighting putins rebel proxys.

I really seem to be getting flak for pointing out the far right element,even though I have stated I am not a putin fan by a long shot.
Oh well,call me out for it in 5 years time if we still have electricty and internet,and I will gladly admit I was wrong and owe you a beer or whatever.

This is me,not a putin fan,not a far right fan,not an EU fan-Signing out for tonight.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

The EU is worried-enough to turn a blind eye to the rise of the far right in Ukraine-because they are fighting putins rebel proxys.

There is no evidence this is the case, nor that there are any significant numbers of far-right Ukrainians fighting the Russian backed pro Russian separatists. The far-right is just not an issue. It is a diversion and irrelevant to the wide conflict and struggle.

Happy for you to point to any official EU source to contradict my viewpoint above.

Regards

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I will preface this by saying that anyone who adheres to Nazi ideology is reprehensible. That said I don't really see the big deal if two people within the Ukrainian governement are neo-Nazis. They are not indicative of the majority and in their own they don't have the power to enact any kind of Nazi agenda. 55 members of the Russian Duma are part of far right parties. I don't see anyone claiming that Russia is supporting Nazis.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Scared By Ukraine War, Belarus Strongman Lukashenko Mulls Ditching Russia

Typical Western media spin article.

The title should read...

Scared To become The Next Gaddafi, Belarus Strongman Lukashenko Is Twisting Himself

Now this is a fair point. Belarus may be terrified of being the next "popular uprising," wherein magically the CIA helps foment a civil war, overthrowing non-compliant regimes and installing compliant ones.

Remember, Ukraine had an uprising when the leadership switched back to allegiance with Russia.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Didn't try to spin that Dave. Never mentioned the start of unrest in Ukraine, just the timing of Lukashenko's statements on Russian TV.

Do you have any idea the size of Balls required to go on Russian TV and mention going to War with Putin like Lukashenko did? The guy has a big brass pair, I'll tell you.

Wasn't saying you were spinning the info, sorry if it came off that way, I was referring to the main article I thought. And I agree if his sentiment is honest, big balls, but it might also be all posturing. Lukashenko might have a sweetheart deal on the side with Putin that no one really knows about. That is the politics of conquest, if possible by capitulation through extortion or payment, if not, by jackals or military, it's all good ;-) I have watched it happen before up close and personal.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

By the way, if you've never been to Belarus you should go sometime. It's a very well run country, safe and clean with Soviet reminders everywhere. You just might start thinking dictatorship actually works.

Dictatorship is the best form of government, unfortunately it can also be the worst.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Dictatorship is the best form of government, unfortunately it can also be the worst.

I would say it can be the most efficient form of government and agree with you it can be very good or very bad.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I would say it can be the most efficient form of government and agree with you it can be very good or very bad.

When you have a qualified leader who wants what is best for his people/country he has no red tape, he can do exactly what needs to be done without giving 100 other people pork to get them to sign off on it ... destroying any benefit that could have been gained.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Scared By Ukraine War, Belarus Strongman Lukashenko Mulls Ditching Russia

Typical Western media spin article.

The title should read...

Scared To become The Next Gaddafi, Belarus Strongman Lukashenko Is Twisting Himself

Now this is a fair point. Belarus may be terrified of being the next "popular uprising," wherein magically the CIA helps foment a civil war, overthrowing non-compliant regimes and installing compliant ones.

Remember, Ukraine had an uprising when the leadership switched back to allegiance with Russia.

I recently read a statement coming from NATO that Russia was only a couple of years away from being able to control 3 or 4 of those conflicts close to its border...so Russia still need a little time to be able to control an uprising in Belarus and Georgia together with the mess Ukraine is starting to be.

It seems Poroshenko is losing support and the next coup is in the working in the Ukraine.

Kolomoisky camp accuses Poroshenko of understating the colossal losses at the front

Panic in Debaltsevo; National Guard flees; Poroshenko accused of treason

“We call on all commanders to rise up and start overthrowing the government."

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I think north Koreans would disagree.
edit on 2-2-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

I think north Koreans would disagree.

I think they would agree, it can also be the worst.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I have to ask...

What is a good dictator?

Who exactly would you classify as a good dictator?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I have to ask...

What is a good dictator?

Who exactly would you classify as a good dictator?

My idea is someone who is interested in his people over himself. No red tape. No pleasing hundreds of others turning good ideas into pork fat.

From Google ...
King Jigme Singye Wangchuck of Bhutan

Rome would elect Dictators at certain times.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join