It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Fact: The CIA and drugs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I know that there have been many other threads in this topic, doubtless of which will more informative than this one. However, I would appreciate your response to this question, with all of the present day evidence, how can we still call the CIA role in the global narcotics trade a "theory"? If you support any "conspiracy theory" at all, be it 9/11, JFK, aliens, whatever, you are always looking for that smoking gun. The CIA drug connection has one.

In a 1993 MSM interview the former head of the US DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) Judge Robert Bonner told 60 minutes that the CIA imported tons of coc aine through Miami, with the help of the Venezuelan National Guard. This sparked a congressional investigation, which the CIA said was a false claim. Forgotten about mostly, but Google this interview and see for yourself. If anyone was in a position to know about this, as head of the DEA, it was Bonner.

Two years later, we should have betterconnected the dots with Gary Webb released his first documention of CIA involvement in Iran/Contra and drug trade with Nicaraguan drug lords. This resulted in the importation of crack coc aine into American cities, which quickly devastated many poor neighborhoods. His work was panned by much of the MSM, but his legacy lives on. He had court documents to back up many of his claims, showing CIA involvement with drug cartels.

If we need more evidence..... we can look at opium production in Afganistan since NATO occupation. The Taliban had all but wiped out poppy production. There is historical evidence of CIA involvement with Noriega. There is the legend of Mena, Arkansas. There is Barry Seal. The evidence for CIA involvement in global drug trafficking is over whelming. Why is this still referred to as a theory?

Finally, since this is not a theory and is fact, why are people not more outraged by this? Our government is locking up users with one hand (infamous "war on drugs") while supplying it with the other. We should be up in arms, but meanwhile it's okay, as long as we have a Super Bowl to watch.

edit on 1-2-2015 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Shocking isn't it?

The war on drugs is a money spinner all round and to think our Governments have declared war on drugs in order to protect its citizens is foolhardy. Whilst drugs remain illegal, the costs are kept high, making our Governments and the people who really control the supply rich beyond our wildest dreams.

Take Afghanistan, before the U.S intervention against the Taliban, the poppy fields had just about been destroyed. 10+ years later and those fields have been sown and the harvest of opium is up and running again. It does make you wonder if this was one of the reasons for the intervention.

It's all one BIG sham, but the war on drugs shows no sign of abating.
edit on 1/2/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I am going to add things I know from this..

Look at this video here the beginning.. I only bring this up because I dont know the documentary or anything it is from.. And the end... its worth a listen also..

Next back in the day Tom delay's aid's plane was busted with 8 tons of coke in it..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A plane used to transport 'terrorists' to gtimo and other places crashed with 3.2 or so tons of coke in it..
Link

The song above is a good into to how drugs start and finish.. Kinda like the bullets life and death in that movie "Lord of War"

edit on 2/1/2015 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
"In my 30-year history in the Drug Enforcement Administration and related agencies, the major targets of my investigations almost invariably turned out to be working for the CIA."

Dennis Dayle, former chief of an elite DEA enforcement unit.

CIA and DRUGS
edit on 1-2-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I have no idea why this isn't taken more seriously. Guys like Gary Webb and Mike Ruppert have been sounding the alarm on this for nearly 40 years.

You mentioned Barry Seal. Wow, there's a dude who was knee-deep in both the CIA and the Medellín Cartel. Hell, his prized smuggling plane, one that had a sketchy ownership history, was used regularly by George W. Bush while he was governor of Texas.

And speaking of planes with questionable provenance, in 2006 one former CIA rendition plane crashed with 5 tons of coc aine on board and just a year later another crashed with nearly 6 tons. Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
A bit off topic but something I was pondering recently had to do with drugs and GMOs. I don't know much about the coca plant in its natural form but if there was any actual effort to contain the problem why have they not tried to remove certain harmful aspects of the plant through genetic modification? I am not in favor of tampering with nature but it seems that the plant has no real benefit to the ecosystem and is the root cause of the problem. You can legislate all you want but the plants would still be growing waiting to be processed. This line of thinking just shows that there is no real effort being done to contain the problem and that it is encouraged to grow to maintain certain goals. Anyways just some musings I thought I would share.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I saw a movie about this specific subject Friday , called kill the Messenger it is about a book written by a journalist about the things discovered by another journalist called Gary Webb.

www.imdb.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Jchristopher5

American Dad summed up the sitaution quite well

Alternative link:

Youtube

The Contra connection was just the start-who knows what kind of deals were brokered after that? the quid pro quo arrangement could've lasted for years.

edit on 1-2-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Your OP asked why there wasn't more outrage about this fact, and I agree it is, indeed, a fact.
I think the place to look for the most pertinent information about this involvement would be the steps between the plant and crack coc aine, because there are quite a few in between there. Where, indeed, was the process understood chemically and begun to turn the leaves to coca paste, and from there to a powder, and then back into a substance that would burn and could be consumed by smoking. You see, this chemical transition isn't all that simple. And then, how exactly did all that chemistry find its way into certain neighborhoods, particularly in urban environs?

Freeway, aka Rick Ross, has some interesting answers to those questions, did prison time and was released in 2009, having completed that sentence, and being released early due to a successful appeals court decision in over sentencing. In all of his claims and all the people he knew, he was the onlhy one, of course, to serve time. From Wiki:

The nickname Freeway came from Ross' owning properties along the Los Angeles Harbor Freeway[5] and living next to the 110.[6] According to an October 2013 Esquire magazine article, "Between 1982 and 1989, federal prosecutors estimated, Ross bought and resold several metric tons of coc aine. In 1980 dollars, his gross earnings were said to be in excess of $900 million – with a profit of nearly $300 million. Converted roughly to present-day dollars: 2.5 billion gross, and $850 million in profit, respectively.”[7] During the height of his drug dealing, Ross was said to have sold "$3 million in one day."[8] According to the Oakland Tribune, "In the course of his rise, prosecutors estimate that Ross exported several tons of coc aine to New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and elsewhere, and made more than $600 million between 1983 and 1984."[9]

In 1996, Ross was sentenced to life imprisonment after being convicted for purchasing more than 100 kilograms of coc aine from a federal agent in a sting operation. Later that year, a series of articles by journalist Gary Webb in the San Jose Mercury News revealed a connection between one of Ross's coc aine sources, Danilo Blandón, and the CIA as part of the Iran-Contra scandal.[10] Ross's case was brought to a federal court of appeals which reduced his sentence to 20 years as a result of Ross being over-sentenced. He was released from custody on September 29, 2009.[11]

Reading the link is very informative, as it details the many productions and a book that has been written about this man's activities, and his connections to Iran Contra. More from the link:

Ross's capture was facilitated by his main source, drug lord Oscar Danilo Blandón, who set up Ross. Blandón had close ties with the Contras, and had met with Contra leader Enrique Bermúdez on several occasions. Blandón was the link between the CIA and Contras during the Iran-Contra affair. Gary Webb interviewed Ross several times before breaking the story in 1996. Ross claims that the reason he was unfairly tried initially was because of his involvement in the scandal. Blandón received a 24-month sentence for his drug trafficking charges, and following his release, was hired by the Drug Enforcement Administration where he was salaried at US$42,000. The INS was ordered to grant Blandón a green card, despite the criminal convictions, to allow him to work for the DEA. The DEA has claimed they no longer employ Blandón, and his whereabouts are unknown.[17]

Link
Wonder if Mr. Blandon will ever be found. Kind of doubtful, at best.

There are two or three movies, a book, and a recently released film about this. The Iran Contra situation, in case anyone needs a memory jog, snagged Oliver North, the military fall guy for a situation that came to light during the administration of Ronald Reagan, with George Bush, Sr. as Vice President. It was only after Bill Clinton was elected that Vice President Bush gave a deposition in the matter, and this was kept very quiet. George Bush, Sr. was also at one time, the head of the CIA. Just some added information for you.
edit on 1-2-2015 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Kill the Messenger

A reporter becomes the target of a vicious smear campaign that drives him to the point of suicide after he exposes the CIA's role in arming Contra rebels in Nicaragua and importing coc aine into California. Based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb.

Ok movie with Jeremy Renner about the CIA flooding America with coc aine. Its how they fund most of their wars I suspect.

Sadly though even on here you still get people defending these people LOL. Just shows you the power of propaganda.
edit on 1-2-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

I wouldn't defend them, but I will add to your comments that there are also people behind the scenes, even behind the scenes of the CIA, who never go down with the ship, either.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Good OP!

I've known this for awhile now. It feeds invisible money into the CIA' s Black Ops Projects (with NO supervision), and is the key reason we'll never get out of Afghanistan completely. (Or haven't you noticed the sudden upswing of "available heroin" in this country?)

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1422813942&sr=1-1&keywords=the+CIA+and+the+ drug+trade
THE POLITICS OF HEROIN: CIA COMPLICITY IN THE GLOBAL DRUG TRADE

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1422813942&sr=1-4&keywords=the+CIA+and+the+ drug+trade
WHITEOUT: THE CIA, DRUGS AND THE PRESS

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1422813942&sr=1-4&keywords=the+CIA+and+the+ drug+trade
COCAINE POLITICS: DRUGS, ARMIES, AND THE CIA IN CENTRAL AMERICA (UPDATED)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

What is the answer?

People will always want the stuff.

Perhaps we could do better just using fed ex and ebay to import it.

I personally do not want to see a corporation in charge of the stuff.

I also do not want folks to have to steal or kill to afford it.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
People aren't outraged because the media doesn't tell them to be outraged. This has been well known for years and yet the hypocrisy continues. I'm sure it comes from the same exact playbook the FBI uses to "infiltrate" and supply would-be terrorists with weapons, heck even the plan in which to accomplish and busts them beforehand.

Same # different day. Bigger pile, smaller shovel.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

What is the answer?

People will always want the stuff.

Perhaps we could do better just using fed ex and ebay to import it.

I personally do not want to see a corporation in charge of the stuff.

I also do not want folks to have to steal or kill to afford it.

I don't want my government building prisons, to house criminals they arrest on drug charges, when my country is involved in dealing the drugs. That is horrendous. None of us should accept that.

What is the answer? The CIA gets out of the drug business. Or, if you prefer, legalize everything , and rename the CIA as the Central Drug Authority, and let it be sold directly to consumers willing to pay for it.

But the worst situation is what is going on right now. Having a a fake war on drugs, while the CIA covertly pockets billions from the global drug trade, aligning with the worst underworld scum in the process.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

The conversation at the begging of that song is fictional but still a spot on song.
One of my favs by him for sure.

The tv show archer just did a few episodes on this topic, was pretty good as well

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
OP is 100% correct.

The way I see it

1. The global elite as they exist today come from drug traders. From the real silk road and the "spice" trade. To the opium wars between Britain and China. The elite have always prospered with drug money. wink wink royal family wink wink /sarcasm/

2. the wars of drugs is a farce. It has several functions and none are aimed at stopping drugs. first function is to eliminate competition in the drug trade. second is to have an excuse to over police the poor, Third there is the side benefit of the poor becoming felons losing the right to vote and becoming a resource of living bodies for the criminal justice system and the newly developing private prison system. Fourth, the drug users and their children and physically and mentally weakened and so are more open to manipulation and are less of a threat to the social order. Just think how Britain destroyed China with opium.

3. The banking system is propped up with trafficking drug money. There was an investigation on money laundering several years ago and when they turned to look at the banks, the investigation was quashed. Banksters make too much money for the elite for the drug trade to ever be stopped.

4. The CIA runs drugs and uses the money fund it off the the book operations. The drug money funds terrorism. And if you look at Mexico, the cartels control the Mexican government and the CIA controls the cartels. This is Iran contra on steroids, it never stopped.

5. The military act to enforce the drug trade monopoly

If you were able to follow the money I think the it would be structured like this
1. producers, like the opium fields in Afghanistan, which the US "liberated and protected" from the Taliban. Or Columbia where the US trained death squads protected the drug trade monopoly from "communist guerrillas" otherwise known as the competition.
2. drug mules, like CIA and MI6, who mule the drugs and make money from black ops. This is/was power base for a certain CIA director/POTUS. Iran contra was not Reagan's op it was his VP's.
3. Banksters laundering money and make billions if not trillions.
4. Global elite, owners and controllers and main beneficiaries of the drug trade. How do you think the .1% hold on to power in the stagnant and deflationary global economy. Think the British Royal family is irrelevant, think again.

You could go on and on about how royalty, certain families, intelligence agencies, politicians and banksters are all related to one another by blood, marriage and money.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The CIA has a long history with illicit drugs. It is proven that it was very much involved with doping innocent people with '___' for decades in their wide-spread MK-Ultra programs. They were supposedly looking for a "truth" serum drug to use on spies and terrorists. An excellent book on that precise topic is A Terrible Mistake by Hank P. Albarelli, Jr. The 800-page book by Albarelli, an lawyer, recounts the life and death of a CIA chemist involved in covert '___' experiments.

This is an aside here and my own concept of the backbone of this whole mess: I contend that the MK-Ultra studies were done to find a manner of connecting with the UFO folks which by that time their mental powers were recognized but a yet complete mystery to our sciences. It is too simple of an answer for the long and intense work of MK-Ultra programs to believe it was all for a drug for debriefing spies. In addition to arming various and rather small factions around the world--as we understand the whole Iran-Contra situation, the CIA's drug business also came about at the time of Reagan's "Star Wars" project, the Space Defense Initiative which is what put the black triangles into operation. I wonder if that was where the bulk of that drug earnings went and to where it still goes. Give the CIA a choice of abandoning the inner cities to drugs or beating the Russian/Chinese/etc. to the draw with a fantastical space weapons system using the billions and billions of drug earnings, and you have a nobrainer. Of course, you have been lead to believe it is all about bullets and AK-47s in the hands of rebels.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

This is certainly an entangled mess. Maybe that's why the public shrugs and walks away. Where do you start? And how many "disgraced" politicians and celebrities do you want brought down - and still expect the IG-and-staff to be alive at the end of the "house-cleaning"?

Personally, I think there are some powerful and dangerous government agencies that need to hire an outside Director and Deputy Director. NOT rely on inexperienced political appointees who never know what's really going on in that massive agency, and spend all their time traveling and speechifying anyway.

There's also an especially unsavory aspect with these Black CIA projects, where Agents who know-too-much default to "blackmail material" held in storage in case someone threatens their career or position. Here's an example, of a powerful woman "in deep" with water-boarding and torture (who may or may not have a default blackmail program) and still has her highly placed job in the CIA's CounterIntelligence division:

readersupportednews.org...
SENIOR CIA OFFICER AT THE CENTER OF THE CIA'S TORTURE SCANDAL

edit on 1-2-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
Kill the Messenger

A reporter becomes the target of a vicious smear campaign that drives him to the point of suicide after he exposes the CIA's role in arming Contra rebels in Nicaragua and importing coc aine into California. Based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb.

Ok movie with Jeremy Renner about the CIA flooding America with coc aine. Its how they fund most of their wars I suspect.

Sadly though even on here you still get people defending these people LOL. Just shows you the power of propaganda.

No, I think taxpayers pay for wars. The money from these CIA (and other intel community) operations goes into slush funds and is used to pay off politicians to start wars, lobbying, buying weapons for third parties to start wars/rebellions/coup de tats, etc., it all comes down to flavor-of-the-day-agenda for their bosses. They also use the money to fund (and use) the adult and child sex trade, human trafficking, illegal weapons trade, etc., which apparently makes blackmail/extortion fun and profitable I suppose. The problem with taxpayer money on covert programs is that there is almost always an audit trail and therefore evidence of illegal activity. By collecting, steering and/or using money from illegal sources, there is no audit trail, certainly no accountability, no political control and of course no hard proof of illegal activity.

And just so you know, the CIA (and other intel operatives) make a lot more money off of weapons deals than they do drugs, the world illegal weapons trade is about 8 to 12 times larger than the world drug trade. I remember back in the late 80's, some Russians we knew and were reasonably "friendly" with, were selling nukes that were the size of softballs and with all the triggering and batteries, would fit in a briefcase. They were selling them for roughly the price of a BMW 328i, I remember the sales pitch ;-)

The intelligence agencies are just the covert arm of the money power, just like the UN is the political arm, it's just the intel agencies are all working together and they have a lot more "bite." The cold war was staged, just to make everyone think otherwise. If you tell CSIS (or any intel agency) something "hot" or they collect it from comms, the NSA/CIA (and most of the other intel agencies) have it in seconds to minutes. They all trade info, like good little comrades and filter the good stuff for their "bosses" ;-)

To make a NWO/OWG, all you have to do is have all countries aligned through economic treaties so that everyone is on the same page. It's not much of a push after that to get all the intel agencies (who are already on the same page) to force political change.

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join