It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

heroic fearless lady interrupts Muslim Capitol Day speaker

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:33 PM
a reply to: kaylaluv

Whenever someone references what Saudi Arabia is doing to attribute it to Islam, you may as well let them live in their bubble.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:36 PM
a reply to: rokkuman

Hey OP

You know in the bible, the beginning of the bible, in Genesis, how it says 'Let US make man in OUR image after OUR likeness'?!?!?! The whole pluralistic problems with that sentence.

Here are a couple of Quran verses:

Alif, Lam, Meem.
This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah -
Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what WE have provided for them,

And if you are in doubt about what WE have sent down upon Our Servant [Muhammad], then produce a surah the like thereof and call upon your witnesses other than Allah , if you should be truthful.

And [mention] when WE said to the angels, "Prostrate before Adam"; so they prostrated, except for Iblees. He refused and was arrogant and became of the disbelievers.

And WE said, "O Adam, dwell, you and your wife, in Paradise and eat therefrom in [ease and] abundance from wherever you will. But do not approach this tree, lest you be among the wrongdoers."

and honestly, the Quran goes on like this for ages. You cannot even appreciate the Quran without first reading the Torah/Septuagint. And then, like a big ugly pimple, cannot help but notice MORE PLURALISTIC ISSUES.

Seriously......I dont know why people dont realise this is just a big group of Aliens playing "Lets screw with the underdeveloped gullible beings in our galactic region".

I bet they are so busy laughing at us, especially 1500-2500 years later when we were supposed to have moved on, that they wont even bother returning. In fact, I hazard a guess that our next super sensitive satellite will merely pick up a chorus of laughs from somewhere in the galaxy.
edit on 1-2-2015 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:52 PM
a reply to: chuck258

"Islam is attempting"???

Or one Muslim???

& a story from over 8 years ago is hardly backing up your argument, is it now...

Do you have an updated story perhaps?

Like the one from Fox which states the Muslim in question said "the Pig races no longer bother us, we don't hate Pigs, we just don't eat them"...

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:55 PM
a reply to: OrphanApology

Women wouldn't be allowed to speak in public within weeks if that happened. Then this lady wouldn't have even been able to get up and interrupt the other lady as neither would have been allowed near the microphone in the first place.

But they both were...

So all I can deduce from this speculation, considering one is Muslim & the other a Christian...
That Judaism's influence would hinder these women's chances at the podium?

I disagree!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:04 PM
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Actually if any of those religions were taken literally based on the writings and applied to laws and public behavior they would not be allowed to speak.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:40 PM

originally posted by: OrphanApology
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Actually if any of those religions were taken literally based on the writings and applied to laws and public behavior they would not be allowed to speak.

I can't really speak for Judaism as I haven't studied the Torah that much...
Of all the Bible verses I've read I do not get that impression from Christianity...
& I can assure you that's not the case with Islam either...

If you're referring to the customs of some of the predominantly Muslim Countries...
Then yes there is limitations...
But that is more of a regional tradition than a religious tenet.

Honestly, you won't find a more strict adherent to Islamic code than Pakistan...
& they had no problem being ran by female Prime Mininster Benazir Bhutto.

It's really about how the region feels that the level of control and limitation in women's rights occurs...
It needs to be addressed and fixed, no doubt.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:52 PM
I was raised christian, and have developed a disdain for people who think their personal misinterpreted beliefs are what any progenitor of any religion would want or called for. Be careful of what you create in this world.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:26 PM
a reply to: buster2010

I think we're arguing semantics here and I'll admit I was wrong, America was never a Christian Nation.
But it was a Nation of Christians for the majority.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:55 PM
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Actually the US was created by Christians for Christians.

Many of the revolutionaries were Deists. Many of the people coming to the New World were fleeing religious persecution... the principle thinking behind freedom of religion was to keep religion from ruling people. It wasn't just taxation without representation that sparked the Revolutionary War.

It may be that the majority of the people coming here were Christian but they were Christians sick of Theocracy. And if you really think about it Freedom of Religion at held to it's ideal would mean that personal choice of religion wouldn't matter beyond your person.

Unfortunately, since religious institutions require growth of membership to survive, congregations are purposefully driven to do God's work and spread the word. When there's a religious majority they hold enormous amount of social power... we deviated from what the framers wanted immediately.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:18 AM

originally posted by: beezzer
I would hope that everyone would defend her right to free expression, and not specifically what she said.

But I guess not.

So she expresses her right of free expression, by forcefully taking away other's right to do the same? . . and you applaud this. .

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:40 AM

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: olaru12

Just defending free expression.

I've not ONCE stated that I either agreed or disagreed with the content of what she said.

I've only defended her right to say it.

Criticizing what a person says is not demanding they be denied their right to say what they're being criticized for, it's just being critical.

Since no one is demanding that she not be allowed to say what she did nor demanding she be punished for what said... there's no need to defend her right to free speech.

Have you not ever noticed that when WBC pops up in a thread and people start saying they shouldn't be allowed to do what they do... the same people you're arguing with immediately pop in and state that they absolutely should be allowed to say and do what they do, even though it is completely repugnant to us?

Pay attention dear.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:54 AM
That was not her mic.
She was not welcome on the stage.
Go to a concert, jump on stage and steal the mic.
Security will have you heading out the door regardless of your religion or opinion.
If she wants to spread her message, she needs to do it the right way. That was not the right way.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:16 AM
She is Another Kanye idiot.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:41 AM
They are all stupid. Like the gjy said earlier, my invisible friend is more powerful than your invisible friend.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:55 PM
a reply to: rokkuman

What I find especially endearing about such people is when they proclaim; "Muslims all worship a false GOD!"
It would seem they know something which has elluded so many of the rest of us.
It is my understanding that Muslims worship the GOD of Abraham, as do the Jews and Christians. So they are "in effect" openly denying the validity of their own GOD.
Does this sound a little bit like being an anti-christ, or atleast willing to deny HIM also, in order to express their own "fine Christian attitudes?

I also liked the signs which were displayed to tell these other Texans to "go home".

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>