It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

heroic fearless lady interrupts Muslim Capitol Day speaker

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

One of my favorite freedoms is freedom of speech and expression and in Islam it is not allowed.

That is simply a lie.

Blasphemy in Islam is defined nowadays as contemptuous hostile statements against either the fundamentals of Islam, against Allah, the personality of the Holy Prophet(saw), or any other prophet or anything sacred in Islam, such statements being made with the intention to offend the sensibilities of Muslims. The Arabic word for blasphemy is sabb (insult). Although blasphemy is considered an offence in Islam, either committed by a Muslim or a non-Muslim, no punishment is prescribed for it in the Holy Qur’an. Rather, the punishment for it is always in the hands of God alone, to be meted out by Him either in this life or in the Hereafter. Therefore, based on the Qur’anic references to it, and the Holy Prophet’s reaction to it, blasphemy cannot be considered a type of speech for which legal curtailment is justified. Although it is an offence according to the Holy Qur’an, it is not an offence for the purposes of criminal law as it is a matter for God and God alone, to deal with. - See more at: www.reviewofreligions.org...

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: chuck258

There was nothing "Christian" about what this woman did. I'm not telling America anything, just calling it the way I see it.

That is exactly what I said. I am personally agnostic, and I don't like the way she started going on a America=Christian rant. It may have hurt her cause with some, but to those whose opinions she affected, they are probably Christian hating pro-Muslim Liberal bigots anyway. What this did was prove a point. It is in how Muslims are going to respond to her "attack" that is going to prove her right or wrong.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Asktheanimals

America was founded on freedom of religion, period. That means we welcome people of all religions to live here, as long as they obey the laws. Period.

This group of Muslim Americans was not breaking any laws. They were peaceful. They were patriotic. They have a right to be Muslims and be in America as long as they aren't breaking any laws.

Actually the US was created by Christians for Christians. I doubt Islam was ever even discussed by our founding fathers as they wrote the Constitution as it was something so completely foreign to them. Our first encounter with Islam was with Tripolitan pirates who, as you may recall were capturing merchant vessels and selling the crews in to slavery.

Needless to say we've come a long way since then but many conservative parts of the country (like Texas) find the sudden appearance of Islam in their communities very upsetting. Yet at the same time were are demanding tolerance and understanding our government and media work overtime to convince us the Islamic terrorists are the bane of Western existence - indeed a threat to all freedom - loving peoples! So what are the media brain-washed masses supposed to believe anymore?

30 years ago I was preaching to deaf ears about fundamentalist religion, specifically Christians getting involved in politics. Nobody wanted to hear fascism was coming to the US and that the churches were actually helping make it come to pass. Everyone told me I was being paranoid.

I fear all fundamentalist religions. Period. ALL of them will attempt to remake the world in to their exclusive vision. We would be wise to consider just how far our welcome extends and what are willing to lose in the name of tolerance.

Ftr - I didn't find her actions heroic but she's got some big 'uns. Few would dare to do what she did.
edit on 1-2-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18949801]kaylaluv

That is simply a lie.

Tell that to the Saudi Blogger who has 950 lashes and 10 years of prison to go for posting media that is critical of Islam and of Clerics in Saudi Arabia.

Again, Liberals claim that racist Americans all say that all Muslims are terrorists. THAT IS SIMPLY A LIE. All we are saying is that Islam has been hijacked by radicals and that we are being restrained by the likes of Obama and Eric Holder in fighting against it. "Moderate" Muslims in countries like Iraq and Afghanistan hate America, all the way up until ISIS rolls into their town and they want American bombs dropped on Isis heads.
edit on 1-2-2015 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I would hope that everyone would defend her right to free expression, and not specifically what she said.

But I guess not.

So her rights override the rights of the woman speaker? Sorry but she doesn't have the right to go up and grab the microphone and start screaming her delusions.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

edit on 2/1/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hmm, kinda rude..we talk on this forum now and again about re-inforcing stereotypes..guess which one she is re-inforcing.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

a reply to: blupblup

If the tables were turned, you'd be defending the Muslim speaker who interrupted a Christian.

I'm just defending free expression.

I would be willing to bet had a Muslim done this to a Christian you would be crying about the persecuted Christian.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Hmm, kinda rude..we talk on this forum now and again about re-inforcing stereotypes..guess which one she is re-inforcing.

But you don't find Muslims at a "Texas Muslim Capitol" day reinforcement of a Stereotype that Muslim groups would like to take over this country?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

a reply to: blupblup

If the tables were turned, you'd be defending the Muslim speaker who interrupted a Christian.

I'm just defending free expression.

I would be willing to bet had a Muslim done this to a Christian you would be crying about the persecuted Christian.

Not at all. Now had a Muslim done this, gotten ejected from the speech then went and cried to Holder about racism and persecution, and then Holder started an investigation based on that alone, then yeah I'd be pretty pissed off. And that scenario is not inconceivable.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Some of the founding fathers didn't even really consider themselves Christians. Jefferson went back and forth, and he even made his own version of the Bible, cutting out most of it.

No, I'm afraid you are wrong. The founding fathers may have only seen Christians living in America at that time, but they were smart enough to know that the future of the country might entail other religions. They wanted to make sure this country didn't persecute those of other religions coming here to live. That's a fact.

I would expect the media brain-washed masses to get some critical thinking skills, and realize that most Muslims are not terrorists hell-bent on destroying America.

This is what makes me so angry about what the crazy woman did: these Muslims were doing what we should praise and encourage all Muslims in America to do - profess their patriotic commitment to the country they live in. And to have her ranting that all of Islam is wrong.... well, I can certainly understand some Muslims' total disgust with American non-Muslims. As an American non-Muslim, I share that disgust of people like her. I am ashamed of this woman being an American, and I am sad that she got any media coverage at all for the stupid, disrespectful, ignorant, small-minded thing she did. But God Bless her right to free speech.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Does this mean America wasn't founded (colonized, appropriated, stolen if you prefer) by people seeking religious freedom? Specifically Christians who were escaping religious persecution at the hands of other Christians?

Many of those founders were not Christians and they were actually looking for a place to be free from religion running their lives.

Historically speaking the United States has been a Christian nation and it may be in vogue to deny so these days but wishful thinking does not replace facts. If far more than a simple majority practice a religion would that not make it the dominant religion of the same?

It has never been a Christian nation even the founders were sure to point that out. This is just propaganda spread by the church to try and get people to live under their laws.

Is she really a bigot or simply farsighted and informed on the creeping dangers of Islam in a free society?

She is both a bigot and a idiot just like all the other people that fear "creeping Sharia" here in America. Here in America we have a thing called the Constitution that stops Sharia from ever taking hold here in America.

Walk end to end through Birmingham UK if you would want to know the answer.

So you believe the FOX expert even when England has come out and said it was a load of BS? Even members of this forum has said it was BS.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Me..no I don't but other may see it different. My moms husband is muslim and a great guy..he just wants to work and live, has 0% desire to control anybody else, gets pissed at the same crap most of us do.
My mother has gone on vacation with hubby to the ME..Sudan(dangerous place for a lilly white lady you might think) as an example for 6 weeks..turns out they are just like us for the most part.
Obviously there are very dangerous elements in some forms or maybee interpertations of Islam but I cannot tar them all with the same brush.
Cheers.

edit on 1-2-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

Tell that to the Saudi Blogger who has 950 lashes and 10 years of prison to go for posting media that is critical of Islam and of Clerics in Saudi Arabia.

They are not following Islam. Much like the Christians who try to keep gays from marrying aren't really following what Jesus says (do unto others as you would have done to you).
edit on 1-2-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

There are about 140,000 Muslims in Texas, out of a population of 26.45 million Texans. I don't think there is any threat of a takeover.

This is America, the United States of America, the rights of our Muslim Americans are every bit as sacred as the rights of every other American.

Freedom is not conditional.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
it took absolute balls to do that! in this stupid age of political correctness!! this woman is amazing!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

originally posted by: vonclod

But you don't find Muslims at a "Texas Muslim Capitol" day reinforcement of a Stereotype that Muslim groups would like to take over this country?

No more than I would find women at a "Texas Women Capitol Day" any sign that women want to take over this country. Or gun owners at a "Texas Gun Owner Capitol Day" any sign that gun owners want to force everyone to have a gun in their home. I would think that women want to make sure their constitutional rights are upheld, just like I would think that gun owners want their constitutional rights to own guns upheld.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

There are about 140,000 Muslims in Texas, out of a population of 26.45 million Texans. I don't think there is any threat of a takeover.

This is America, the United States of America, the rights of our Muslim Americans are every bit as sacred as the rights of every other American.

Freedom is not conditional.

Quite simply a awesome post.

One star is just not enough

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The real measure of any courage by her is if this woman went to a Taliban or Isil meeting and did the same thing.

She played on the good nature of the Texas police and the Muslims there.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kayleighkitty

this woman is amazing!

An amazingly ignorant bigot full of Christian hate wrapped in the Bible! I think she's a member here on ATS that trolls evolution threads.

edit on 1-2-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join