It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

heroic fearless lady interrupts Muslim Capitol Day speaker

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You can scoff all you'd like beezzer, but we don't let Pedophiles have parades do we?

We don't let Nazis get freedom of speech? The KKK?

Aren't there several dozen posts of yours, regarding the WBC, that are in line with the kind of things we are saying about this lady?

Let's not pretend to be outraged by the fact that these so called "Freedoms" are proportionate to what society is willing to put up with.

~Tenth
edit on 2/1/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

You can scoff all you'd like beezer, but we don't let Pedophiles have parades do we?

Pedophilia is illegal.

We don't let Nazis get freedom of speech? The KKK?

Actually, we do.

Aren't there several dozen posts of yours, regarding the WBC, that are in line with the kind of things we are saying about this lady?

I've actually defended their right to speak, even made a thread about it once.

Let's not pretend to be outraged by the fact that these so called "Freedoms" are proportionate to what society is willing to put up with.

So freedom can be measured by the tolerance of any given society?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Religion, in theory, tries to make people reasonable, just, calm, and righteous.

It’s the ethnocentric child in humans that gets into: my religion is better than yours.

Its form of: my daddy is better than yours.

My tribe is better than yours.

My nation is better than yours.

That’s the very meaning of Jesus teaching love your enemy...

That’s likely false. He probably said: Love the other than you. The other nation, the other tribe, the other reliigon.

That’s what the num skulls like this stupid woman, Isil, and ALL ethnocentric bigots don’t understand.

That’s the enemy: ETHNOCENTRISM

Not religion

Not tribe or nation

Unfortunately the haters of religion are as ignorant as this woman because ethnocentrism goes beyond religion into race, tribe, nation, etc.

Are we to hate and denounce nationhood because of Hitler types?

Ethnocentrism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ethnocentrism

Ethnocentric individuals judge other groups relative to their own ethnic group or culture, especially with concern for language, behavior, customs, and religion. These ethnic distinctions and subdivisions serve to define each ethnicity's unique cultural identity.

edit on 1-2-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

So freedom can be measured by the tolerance of any given society?

It has always been this way and will forever be this way.

-Gays
-Minorities

Just to name a few examples of things you could not speak openly about 30 to 50 years ago, some as recent as 20 years. That was directly, the result of society, not having the tolerance to actively discuss these issues.

And not just in speech. Look at the world around you. People have different tolerances, for different things, based on their history.

Actually, we do.

Not in Germany they don't.

Context is important. Your rights aren't God given, they aren't irrevocable. They are entirely based on democratic, mob think mentality.

You may have the 'right' to say it, but that doesn't mean society will present you with a public venue to use that right.

Public speaking rights are much different from the ones you have in your home, or on the internet. We are a society of mob rule, mob mentality.

And if you haven't noticed, there aren't too many Gov agencies who give a damn about the laws anymore. At least not when it's inconvenient.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Just another ignorant bigot in Texas so really nothing new. Another fool that thinks America is a Christian nation.

Does this mean America wasn't founded (colonized, appropriated, stolen if you prefer) by people seeking religious freedom? Specifically Christians who were escaping religious persecution at the hands of other Christians?

Historically speaking the United States has been a Christian nation and it may be in vogue to deny so these days but wishful thinking does not replace facts. If far more than a simple majority practice a religion would that not make it the dominant religion of the same?

While our founding documents were carefully crafted to remain as free as possible from specific religious references it is unquestionable that they ascribe to deism of some form - hence our rights being given to us by our "creator". We may have a secular government in practice yet the Bible is still used to swear in our officials.

Believe it or not this woman was actually speaking for many in Texas, Christians who do not want Muslims becoming any kind of group with power or presence. You're smart enough to know that Islam is more than simply a religion but a complete way of living that informs every aspect of public and private life. People still laugh at the idea of Sharia being instituted in the West yet part of many major European cities are secretly ruled this way (Brussels for example).

Is she really a bigot or simply farsighted and informed on the creeping dangers of Islam in a free society?
Walk end to end through Birmingham UK if you would want to know the answer.
And take a woman with you, preferably wearing a skirt.
Let us know how it works out.
edit on 1-2-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I wish more people would understand that freedom of speech is not absolute.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

While I personally believe that rights are God-given, I will agree that we are losing the freedom to express those rights at a rapid pace.

T'is why we need to stay vigilant and fight to protect all rights, regardless of whether we agree with the content or not.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

America was founded on freedom of religion, period. That means we welcome people of all religions to live here, as long as they obey the laws. Period.

This group of Muslim Americans was not breaking any laws. They were peaceful. They were patriotic. They have a right to be Muslims and be in America as long as they aren't breaking any laws.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
There is no heroism in being rude, inconsiderate and offensive.

We should be the example, not the way.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

How's Fox News today? Anything good?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

How's Fox News today? Anything good?

I strongly doubt that he's ever been there. I have. The deluded vision that Faux News painted of it is ludicrously inaccurate.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Is she really a bigot or simply farsighted and informed on the creeping dangers of Islam in a free society?
It might be wise to check out her other shenanigans before giving her a free pass. Unless, of course she speaks for you and you are entirely entitled to that opinion. Link to crazy lady

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

While I personally believe that rights are God-given, I will agree that we are losing the freedom to express those rights at a rapid pace.

T'is why we need to stay vigilant and fight to protect all rights, regardless of whether we agree with the content or not.

And do you defend the rights of the Muslim Americans to be there at the Capitol? Funny, I haven't seen you mention them or their rights at all.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Right, especially when your right to freedom of religion is now half the reason we need to make sure we defend our right to keep and bear arms.

One of my favorite freedoms is freedom of speech and expression and in Islam it is not allowed. Je suis not impressed.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
One of my favorite freedoms is freedom of speech and expression and in Islam it is not allowed. Je suis not impressed.
Est vous letting them make the rules, then?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: rokkuman

Wow. Gotta hand it to her speaking her mind in this age of fear and terror.

This woman has more balls than Eric Holder, Obama, Clintons, John Kerry, and the rest of the left combined. And while I don't really condone her going on a America=Christianity rant, if the Muslims are doing it, why can this woman not? There are going to be idiots on here that are going to point the finger at her and say "see! Christians are racists and rule this country" despite the fact that she is at a MUSLIM POLITICAL RALLY HERE IN THE STATES. They will condemn her for putting religion into politics, but are going to be completely blind to the fact that where she did this was Muslims doing the EXACT SAME THING.

Good on her, she had better watch her neck. Though she seems pretty tough, she probably carries, lol.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
There is no heroism in being rude, inconsiderate and offensive.

We should be the example, not the way.

You're probably the first person to romanticize Muslims when they do the exact same thing so can it. Stop telling America to lay down and take it.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Christine Weick would almost be humorous but her brand of extremism and ideology of hate seems to appeal
to so many. Even here....

And despite all of her 'extremist ideology' she has not beheaded or shot or attacked a single Muslim. She is using her legal freedom of speech and her opinions to fight against something she believes is a threat to her beliefs. Just like Muslims do, and have their own rights to do.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

There was nothing "Christian" about what this woman did. I'm not telling America anything, just calling it the way I see it.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: beezzer

And do you defend the rights of the Muslim Americans to be there at the Capitol? Funny, I haven't seen you mention them or their rights at all.

They are completely within their rights to be at the Capitol. There, do you feel better? Muslims rights are under no threat in this country. Not under Obama and Holder. But when 12 year olds are told they can't read a bible at school during free time, but at another school they are ALLOWING Muslim students to pray on school grounds during school hours there is a huge double standard, and it pisses people off.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join