It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

heroic fearless lady interrupts Muslim Capitol Day speaker

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I'm just defending free expression.

Why? It wasn't threatened! No legal action was taken. You're not defending free speech, you're trying to create drama by suggesting that we don't defend her legal rights. And that's BS.

If the tables were turned, it would be EXACTLY the same thing, but many here would be calling for the head of the Muslim, not "defending" his free speech.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

So it's okay just to defend nice speech. Ugly speech, speech you don't agree with is not okay to defend.

Thanks.

link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: beezzer

If the tables were turned, you'd be defending the Muslim speaker who interrupted a Christian.

The Muslim speaker, never would have made it to the podium.

~Tenth

Speculation.

So is the idea that somehow we were saying this woman didn't have the 'right' to say what she wanted.

But it's not speculation and you know it. Had a Muslim man or woman charged that podium they'd be arrested or shot, 10 feet from the thing.

link   
Another valiant effort. You are doing some serious nitpicking to something you yourself took off topic.

Yes, rudeness is a constitutional right. *Rolls eyes.

link   

Speculation.

WHAT??? Every post of yours here is speculation! I call shenanigans.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

So you can have freedom of expression, just as long as you're not rude about it.

You honestly don't get the irony of your own argument - do you? Once again you've proven that PC speech should be reviled - as long as not being PC is saying something you approve of

This woman is repugnant - and we are allowed to say so. You criticize us for being rude for criticizing someone for being rude? You'll no doubt tell us all not to be offended next - that people are all so obviously and easily offended these days

This woman was both offended - and offensive. We are all free to say how we feel about that - or do we not have the right to criticize someone you obviously agree with?

I think this may be one of the more intellectually dishonest things I have ever heard you say here at ATS

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
So defend and stand up for her right for free expression.

I'll wait.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

a reply to: blupblup

So it's okay just to defend nice speech. Ugly speech, speech you don't agree with is not okay to defend.

Thanks.

What?

You really can't debate can you? You are completely making up a point that doesn't exist, you can't answer anyone's point properly and you're actually only here because some Christian is going up against some Muslims and your side needs help.
It's pathetic.

People are annoyed at the way the OP framed the discussion and portrayed the woman in the video.
This isn't a discussion of free speech, nice speech, polite speech or any other crap you want to bring into it.

The woman and her views are vile and she is in no way a hero, fearless or a lady.

You're trolling.

That is all.

edit on 1/2/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I'll wait.

Not a single poster here attacked or even commented on this until you came along. Most were simply using their rights of free expression to comment on the fact that this was not exactly a heroic or fearless act. You know, based on the fact that she has the right to her free expression and rudeness and all.

Sheesh.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I would hope that everyone would defend her right to free expression, and not specifically what she said.

But I guess not.

So when Obama says something you don't like, you will not criticize it, right? Instead, you will just defend his right to free expression, right?

What is so sad about this is that the Muslim rally was very peaceful and NOT anti-American (or anti-Christian) at all. The agenda of the rally was in fact pro-American.

Texas Muslim Capitol Day was organized by Texas chapters of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, whose members intended to raise awareness on issues, advocate on a number of bills and celebrate their right as Americans — and in one speaker’s case an eighth-generation Texan — to be part of the political process.

www.statesman.com...

And now I will use my right to free speech in saying the woman is a nutbag and an embarrassment to all Americans.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I defend ALL of her rights. But none has been threatened. You're just being dramatic.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Who cares what she said. I just always want insure that people (even ones like her) are always granted the freedom to do so.

You are definitely free to despise or revile her or laud her.

I could care less of your opinion of her.

But I wanted to make very clear that every aspect of speech should be defended. Not just "nice" speech or PC speech.

I will "consistently" defend the right to free expression. regardless of what is being said, or who is saying it.

But that's just me.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

a reply to: ~Lucidity

Who cares what she said. I just always want insure that people (even ones like her) are always granted the freedom to do so.

You are definitely free to despise or revile her or laud her.

I could care less of your opinion of her.

But I wanted to make very clear that every aspect of speech should be defended. Not just "nice" speech or PC speech.

I will "consistently" defend the right to free expression. regardless of what is being said, or who is saying it.

But that's just me.

She did not get arrested, it has ZERO to do with free speech.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

This is the problem with "freedom of speech and expression' folk. You don't understand what it's supposed to be about.

Those freedoms, do not entitle you for example, to yell FIRE in a crowded theater. Why because that's dangerous.

Not ALL speech is protected. Not ALL expression is protected.

We should not tolerate for example:

1. People shouting about how we should kill a whole huge group people.
2. People shouting about wanting to hurt kids for example.

Do you see the pattern here?

Freedom of speech and expression actually only apply when what you're saying is reasonable to the general population.

It has nothing to do with you having carte blanche to say, or express yourself in whatever what you choose.

~Tenth
edit on 2/1/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

All I did was call her actions rude.

I did not "despise or revile her or laud her." I don't live that way, being rude, and I think she was rude. That was all I said.

And yet again...no one here did or didn't defend her rights, for once, until you made it an issue. Taht was not necessary here. No one said to silence her. No one said she didn't have the right.

But you appear to be stuck on this, so I'm done.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Freedom of speech and expression actually only apply when what you're saying is reasonable to the general population.
It has nothing to do with you having carte blanche to say, or express yourself in whatever what you choose.

~Tenth

So don't say anything that might be considered unreasonable.

. . . . . *ahem* FIRE!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

~Tenth

. . . . . *ahem* FIRE!

That's hyperbole and trolling....

Are you really defending free speech or running interference for a right wing nut bar.

Sorry...couldnt avoid the football reference....Super Bowl Sunday!!

Go Hawks!

edit on 1-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

. . . . . *ahem* FIRE!

Because speaking out against Muslims is like warning about a fire?

You've taken a real turn - you know that?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Just defending free expression.

I've not ONCE stated that I either agreed or disagreed with the content of what she said.

I've only defended her right to say it.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join