It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

heroic fearless lady interrupts Muslim Capitol Day speaker

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: pikestaff

Some idiots will scream tolerance for the shark while it's eating them.

And some idiots say to hell with Freedom of Religion. After all it's just another American right and who needs rights huh?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Interesting post-interview. She actually says, '"Every terrorist is a Muslim." And a few other pretty ignorant things. No mention of Monster.

Seems to me she actually has very little real faith and a lot of very real fear.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: DAVID64

Not a believer in the Invisible Pink Unicorn then?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Christine Weick would almost be humorous but her brand of extremism and ideology of hate seems to appeal
to so many. Even here....
edit on 1-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
When they yell "convert or die" remember to smile in your burqa wave your rear goodbye!!

They can yell whatever they want. Words don't hurt me. We not only have freedom of religion, we have freedom of speech. Seems that some want one, but not the other...

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I would hope that everyone would defend her right to free expression, and not specifically what she said.

But I guess not.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
To the OP.

This is just about a bullying, ranting woman grabbing the microphone and making an arse out of herself. Doubtlessly, some people will think she was great and "did the Lords work", but anyone with half a brain knows that this is just silliness.

I despise religious intolerance. Whether it's from a ranting blabber-mouth (as per the vid), or some Jihadist wiping out a family of Christians because they were, well, Christians.

Live and let live. If you don't like what someone is saying then have the decency to allow a debate.

Regards

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I would hope that everyone would defend her right to free expression, and not specifically what she said.

But I guess not.

Well - she said what she said - and she's not in jail

We are allowed to say whatever we want about her - you have a problem with that?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Free expression is fine, though not really the topic here. Rudeness is not. And neither is all that heroic or fearless in this case.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

But I guess not.

I absolutely defend her right to free expression. That doesn't even enter into this.

But I don't defend her actions of disrupting a speaker, tearing the mike out of her hands, and proceeding with a hateful tirade. She's an asshat of the highest order.

link   
a reply to: rokkumanSo many good Christians ask "Where are the moderate Muslims...where is their voice in all this?" Give one a mic, and it's hijacked.

Heroic me arse!

link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Free expression is fine, though not really the topic here. Rudeness is not. And neither is all that heroic or fearless in this case.

So you can have freedom of expression, just as long as you're not rude about it.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

But I guess not.

Forcing her way onto the mic and screaming obscenities and being a complete tool is not free speech...

Of course her speech is protected and she was free to stand at the side and keep yelling abuse.

That isn't the issue that's being discussed here.

But hey... trust you to stick up for her.

edit on 1/2/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

If the tables were turned, you'd be defending the Muslim speaker who interrupted a Christian.

I'm just defending free expression.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

So you can have freedom of expression, just as long as you're not rude about it.

Thanks.

The Muslims around her treated her with more respect than she afforded them. What's that tell you?

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Thanks.

That is not at all what I said, but nice try.

edit on 2/1/2015 by ~Lucidity because: damn phone

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

If the tables were turned, you'd be defending the Muslim speaker who interrupted a Christian.

The Muslim speaker, never would have made it to the podium.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Bold is mine.

So rudeness is not a protected right?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

a reply to: blupblup

I'm just defending free expression.

What?

I wouldn't defend ANYONE doing what she did and the hate and vitriol which clearly flowed inside her.
It's not like she's crusading for civil rights is it? She's not exactly trying to save the Rhino and putting her body on the line.

She is an ignorant, hate filled, stupid and disgraceful woman.... whether she is Christian, Jew, Muslim or Buddhist would have no bearing on her actions and how offensive they were.

edit on 1/2/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

The Muslim speaker, never would have made it to the podium.

~Tenth

Speculation.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join