It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on why terrorists do what they do

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I didn't know that ETA, Shining Path, the IRA splinter groups, the remaining Red Army Faction fragments,

When was the last time any of those groups set off a bomb?

They haven't...in recent news muslims set off 10 in the last 2 weeks killed dozens and beheaded the reporter from Japan.....

Some people are blinded by ideology.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

a reply to: infinityorder

Well that was an ignorant, short-sighted and thoroughly unpleasant post.

Trolling the ignorant for years now... My streak continues!!!

You obviously know nothing about the Islamic world and science prior to the Renaissance.

As evidenced by this post with no evidence....other than you disagree.....

Thanks for wasting server space for no reason?

What did the Moors do for us? a history of the Moors in Spain

Most of European science was built on the back of what was introduced to us by the Moors. The Moors ruled Spain for 800 years and effectively brought us out of the "Dark Ages"

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

You obviously know nothing about the Islamic world and science prior to the Renaissance.

Oh, dear god. Alright, you want a list? Algebra, pulmonary circulation, huge chunks of maths, aspects of ethics and philosophy, the discovery that the speed of light is much faster than the speed of sound... where do you want me to start?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer

I agree 100% a lot of these problems are the way the ottoman empire was divided up after ww1.

That is still no excuse.

This entire region has been a cesspool for nearly 2000 years.

Full of ignorant violent idiots.

And I agree that it's not an excuse.

But when you realise how deeply the US, the UK, Saudi Arabia, many others are involved in creating the cesspool we see today, then it should be no surprise that certain extreme individuals stand up and fight back. HOW they fight back is definitely up for scrutiny, but every society has their psychopaths so what we are seeing is to be expected. What do you think would happen in the US if it was turned into a cesspool by foreign invaders, and those who resisted were droned along with hundreds of thousands of innocent Americans? Just like in Syria and Iraq, "extreme" Americans would be lining up to watch executions in the streets, or join the resistance. And it would likely be more violent since Americans are heavily armed. This is war we are talking about. Most of us have no clue about what that experience is like. Every war in every culture is full of "violent idiots". Many of them are trained to be just that. Now, who was it again that trained the Jihadis in the eighties, like Al Qaida? And who gave them money, modern weapons, and other military gear? Oh yeah, and WHY?

soulwaxer

Um...this was tried in America.

We had the sense to not act like idiots.

A little thing called the american revolution .....I believe it can be found in most history books.....it was kind of a big deal.

We gave them modern weapons... How else were they supposed to defend themselves from the Russians?

Not with rocks and spears.

Before charlie Wilson got involved.....slaughter in Afghanistan.

After...Russia pulled out as the slaughter continued it just the other way.

Hinds dont beat Sam's.

The hinds were slaughtering the afghans...entire villages at a time.

We helped them out...and ourselves at the same time.
edit on 1-2-2015 by infinityorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

What did the Moors do for us? a history of the Moors in Spain

Most of European science was built on the back of what was introduced to us by the Moors. The Moors ruled Spain for 800 years and effectively brought us out of the "Dark Ages"

From knowledge they imported from what was left from Rome.

They didn't invent it, they imported it from the west.

Or did you forget about the civilization that existed before them and wouldn't be matched technologically until modern western culture?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Oh, dear god. Alright, you want a list? Algebra, pulmonary circulation, huge chunks of maths, aspects of ethics and philosophy, the discovery that the speed of light is much faster than the speed of sound... where do you want me to start?

Philosophy came from Greece which preceded Rome and the far east btw...as well as complex math.

Ethics was also imported from Greece.

Why waste my time....

You are right, no advanced culture passed anything on before the Muslims invented everything

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

a reply to: rokkuman

Must have hit close to the mark though to get a hater right off.

LOL. Outrage? Hater?

As a matter of fact the most emotion I produced was the rolling of my eyes when I saw the inevitable "Jealousy" reason pop it's ignorant head up again.

As for me being an 'outraged hater'? Methinks that is just you attempting to paint me as something I'm not in order to justify your own ignorance on the subject.

Well you do pop up all th etime in these threads so its apparently a pet peeve?

Anyway they just do it out of desperation,and they have been brain washed to believe something from a supposed elder/imam. Because a muslim is not to lie to another muslim right? Oh no! They woudnt lie to us would they?

They are all victims except for the elder leaderships who know better. its why you never see the imams sacrificing themselves.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

From knowledge they imported from what was left from Rome

How did they do this exactly?

They didn't invent it, they imported it from the west

Please give me a clear of example of this.

Or did you forget about the civilization that existed before them and wouldn't be matched technologically until modern western culture?

What civilization are you reffering to?, the Sassanids?, the Byzantines??, Persian???.

edit on 1-2-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Well you do pop up all th etime in these threads so its apparently a pet peeve?

I admit it peeves me a tad seeing logic and fact thrown out the window and replaced with baseless conjecture and outright nonsense yeah

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
It's really quite simple, the West has been meddling in Middle Eastern countries for centuries now, the last hundred years particularly, and the people there are sick of it.

Then why is about 95% of the fighting Muslin against Muslin?

The true answer is GREED and POWER, as it always is.

1. At the top of these groups you have those who want the power in a Saddam type Government. They are mad for power.

2. Those who follow do it for greed. They want to kill the males and move in to take over the households, the women, goats, crops and all.

These groups have nothing and so that is a rather good motivator to role the dice for all or nothing...

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

From knowledge they imported from what was left from Rome

How did they do this exactly?

They didn't invent it, they imported it from the west

Please give me a clear of example of this.

What civilization are you reffering to?, the Sassanids?, the Byzantines??, Persian???.

After Rome came to power they amassed all the knowledge they could from ancient texts and scholars.

They acquired most from Greece having grown from it.

Rome fell after more than 2000 years.....the muslims came to power, a very brilliant leader.... His name eludes me and I am to lazy to Google it, began amassing ancient texts and inviting scholars from foreign lands....

You don't honestly think all of Rome's knowledge was lost in the fall do you?

How else would we know so much about them?

Plato...Socrates....Hippocrates....maybe you heard of these guys?

You know taught Alexander the great philosophy thousands of years before the muslims were anything but nomads.....???? Ring any bells yet?

Don't try to tell me history, I obviously know it. Maybe you should try reading some.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Sorry I was hoping you could have provided some tangible evidence to clarify your wild speculation.

Don't try to tell me history, I obviously know it

Lol silly me, of course you do.

Rome fell after more than 2000 years.....the muslims came to power

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Philosophy came from Greece which preceded Rome and the far east btw...as well as complex math.

Ethics was also imported from Greece.

Why waste my time....

You are right, no advanced culture passed anything on before the Muslims invented everything

That is not what I said and you know it. I said 'Aspects' of philosophy. You either ignored that or didn't notice it. You seem to think that the Muslim world was entirely sterile of scientific achievements. No. At the time when Western Europe was sunk in the Dark Ages, they were developing algebra and... oh what's the point? You are welded to your own blinkered point of view.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
this link... a page written fairly well by a ME analyst... is very closely related to the topic of the thread

nypost.com...

re-establishing an Arab Caliphate ... or rebuilding a Persian Empire anew

is a big driving point for many of the disenfranchised...
but I do marvel at the authors astuteness...

...the Sunni extremist call to revive the caliphate strikes deep chords.

and...

...Unlike the eternally fratricidal Arabs, Persians have a unified ethnic identity, reinforced by Shia Islam. Iran’s already a formidable enemy. A reborn Persian Empire with nukes would shake the world.

and...

...The odds are against Islamic State or successor fanatics building and sustaining a sprawling caliphate.
Extremists create a valley of death, not a Silicon Valley.
The effort to revive the caliphate has ruptured the Arab world —
while renewing the old collision of empires between Arabs and Persians.
It’s a 7th century conflict replayed in the 21st century.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: monkofmimir

You said it wasn't recognized, I corrected you. At no point have I claimed that Palestine is an actual nation or that if it was that it controlled its own land.

You called it Palestine, capital p, and used it in a manner one would say Germany France America Japan etc....

So yes you did.

You were trying to act as if it was a sovereign region, it is not, and never has been, I trust after you read up on it you saw your obvious error and are now backtracking.

Yes I capitalized it just like I would capitalize the Pacific Ocean or Antarctica, doesn't mean I am making any claims on whether they're a notion state or not either.

Your accusing me of backtracking because I don't agree with your stawman representation of my points is beyond absurd.
edit on 122015 by monkofmimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Brought to you by a Fox News "strategic analyist" who convienently ignores the entirety of the Ottoman Empire, the most succesful empire in human history and what role the tyrannical rulers of Saudi Arabia play in the middle east.

Pretty skewed interpretation of history.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: monkofmimir

Again you are straw manning my point.

Up until the mid-late medieval period they were ahead of use in all those areas and going to that time is the majority of the last 2000 years.

No straw men..

I fully admit at one point they were the seat of wisdom and knowledge after the fall of Rome and western culture.

Their leaders actively imported texts and scholars to learn.

Then they embrased ignorance and went backwards.

In fact most of their achievements can be linked back to imported knowledge.

Little of it originated there.

They took ideas that weren't utilized and repurposed them in new ways.

Almost all of their achievements have roots in the east and west.

Their only real contribution is modern numbers.

either way compared to the rest of the world for the majority of the last 2000 it has been one of the most pleasant place to live so saying "it has been a cesspool for nearly 2000 years" is at best a ridiculous over simplification and at worst a wildly misrepresentation statement.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'm sorry....but are you serious ?
The top four on your list were ALL illegal invasions of these countries !
In my eyes....that's terrorism.

The US and their allies have got the most advanced, sophisticated technology in the field of war and use it against these nations.
They illegally invaded Afghanistan and Iraq, killing maybe a million or more civilians.
They illegally wiped out libya's army and killed around thirty thousand civilians who took up arms when they had no one to defend them.
They are illegally droning Pakistan....killing more civilians.

They aren't doing this for you or me.
They're not fighting terrorism.
They make up these lies so you and i will accept why they are invading these countries in the name of terrorism.

For the past two years or so, they have been lying to us about Assad and Syria.
I don't need to explain to you why they do this and who they do it for. I'm sure people will post the reasons but while we have a mainstream media that constantly lies and covers up the lies of government it will continue until they draw us into world war three.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Here's the end result for the Middle East that makes Zionists wet their pants:

This is what the so called "war on terror" will lead to.
edit on 1-2-2015 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

a reply to: St Udio

Brought to you by a Fox News "strategic analyist" who convienently ignores the entirety of the Ottoman Empire, the most succesful empire in human history and what role the tyrannical rulers of Saudi Arabia play in the middle east.

Pretty skewed interpretation of history.

brief debunking list of 20 of the 1001 muslim inventions

Another debunking page. please read this one too.

Wiki page to debunking invention claims

The point is they claimed alot of stuff but Have been debunked quite a bit. If there i s more than one person screaming fire dont you think that there is a fire?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join