It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on why terrorists do what they do

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

Your reasoning is dangerously naive.

Muslims have felt like their, lands, culture and religion have been pillaged, abused and beaten on since the days of the British empire.

Take for example in the 50's when the US/UK paid for nazi's such as General Fazlollah Zahedi to orchestrate a coup in what was before a successful democracy and turn Iran into the hellhole it is today.

Or the fact that for every 1 terrorist killed by drone strikes almost 30 innocent civilians are killed (usually including a half dozen or so children)

Or that when the borders of countries such as Iraq were drawn up by the British empire they split cultures and communities down the middle without sense or consideration.

Or how about the first world war when the British empire promised Palestine to the Muslims in exchange for their support in the war and then afterwards we supported the Jews claiming Israel instead.

Or what about when we invaded Iraq to find weapons of mass destruction (sold to Iraq by the USA) that no longer existed and in the process caused the deaths of perhaps as many as a million civilians and destroyed the countries infrastructure in the process.

I could literally go on all day listing events like this over the last 150 years that have lead us to this point.

The people in the middle east are scared and desperate and the only people with the balls to actually stand up to the west is the religious extremists so people cling to them in the hope that they can save them from the bloody rampages of the imperialistic westerners.

Open your eyes friend, its not Jealousy its Stone. Cold. Fear.
edit on 122015 by monkofmimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
OP

Why do you think all terrorists are Muslim?

Because that is the whole bases of your thread and it is totally ignorant, by going with the title "my theory on why terrorists do what they do" and then giving us your very flawed analysis of why you think violent Islamic extremists do what they do the implication is that you you view all terrorists as Islamic.

A lot of people on this site need to get this mentality that not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslim out of their heads.

Your theory for example does not fit with what ETA are getting up to in Spain.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It is a cosmic chess game, the current controller of the board will be put in checkmate soon enough.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
You are wrong about the actions in the middle east.. You should pick up a history book.. But since this world is based off youtube anymore I will leave this here for you to listen to..

George Carlin - We Like War.
I would like you to prove this and what monkofmimir Stated above wrong...

edit on 2/1/2015 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: rokkuman
the face palm suits you because you seem to think my theory was that they "terrorize because the Quran tells them to". I clearly said otherwise in the OP.

What I was trying to say was that the reason why terrorists terrorize is because the Quran tells them to.
If you are truly religious, you follow the instructions.

Heres my original statement: It is often claimed that their religion requires them to conquer and subjugate everybody. This is overly simplistic and a silly reason for them to engage in terror.

It is not "claimed". It IS.

As for the countries getting beaten, show me how I am "remarkably incorrect".

Soviet didn't beat anyone. The U.S did not fight Afghanistan.
The U.S did not fight "the terrorists" during the Gulf War.

In many cases, the enemy of the U.S and the terrorists have been the same.
edit on 1-2-2015 by Nevertheless because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2015 by Nevertheless because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

If you want to pick up some context to this issue I strongly recommend this video its very funny and informative.

www.youtube.com...

(sorry don't know how to put it on the page)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: monkofmimir

Fun fact: See the YT tag when you write a post? Click that and add only the numbers after the v= on the yt link so just this for your video..
2DCwafIntj0

then click ok and it should look like this..

edit on 2/1/2015 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

thanks

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: monkofmimir

np man..

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm afraid you're quite wrong OP, and advise you to read LOTS of history before voicing your opinion on a very complicating matter. A good start would be the drawing of random borders in the Middle East by the British early in the 20th century. Also read up on the Russian war in Afghanistan in the eighties. You will learn that the Mujahideen were trained and financed (billions of dollars) by the US, United Kingdom and Saudi Arabia to fight the Russians. One of those Jihadi groups, Al Qaida, was led by Osama Bin Laden, a Saudi national. After understanding that, see if you can draw some parallels with the ISIS phenomenon and the conflict in Syria.

soulwaxer

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: rokkuman

You can think what you want, I simply give up trying to convince a clearly blinded American that the Middle Eastern conflicts are not caused by their so-called "jealousy" of freedom, but because they are sick and tired of the West meddling in their affairs - as is evidenced by mountains of freely, and readily available documents to prove said meddling.

The problem here is the concept of "American Exceptionalism" which turns many Americans into mindless sheep bleating the government line endlessly because they are wrongly taught to believe that their country is somehow more 'exceptional' that others. This leads to the inevitable calls of "jealousy" as being the reason for the hostilities and neatly packages the real reasons away for fear that the truth might set them free.

But by all means, keep bleating that "jealousy" line until the cows come home, I, for one, won't be taking any notice of such sheer arrogance and ignorance (except, of course, to call you out on it).

But you aren't making sense here. What isn't there to be jealous of?

Our countries are all much more free, our women do get treated like they are human, our economies are many factors stronger, our militaries.... Well sticks vs missiles isn't quite an obsurd enough comparison.....

I'm sorry where exactly is it that every single aspect of our culture isn't better again?

No seriously, name a single aspect of post 12th century life any single Muslim culture excels at!!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think that statement applies to your post quite well actually.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
other than religion they have nothing to live for because their religion (sharia) sucks the life out of everything. reply to: rokkuman

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: monkofmimir

Your reasoning is dangerously naive.

Muslims have felt like their, lands, culture and religion have been pillaged, abused and beaten on since the days of the British empire.

Take for example in the 50's when the US/UK paid for nazi's such as General Fazlollah Zahedi to orchestrate a coup in what was before a successful democracy and turn Iran into the hellhole it is today.

Or the fact that for every 1 terrorist killed by drone strikes almost 30 innocent civilians are killed (usually including a half dozen or so children)

Or that when the borders of countries such as Iraq were drawn up by the British empire they split cultures and communities down the middle without sense or consideration.

Or how about the first world war when the British empire promised Palestine to the Muslims in exchange for their support in the war and then afterwards we supported the Jews claiming Israel instead.

Or what about when we invaded Iraq to find weapons of mass destruction (sold to Iraq by the USA) that no longer existed and in the process caused the deaths of perhaps as many as a million civilians and destroyed the countries infrastructure in the process.

I could literally go on all day listing events like this over the last 150 years that have lead us to this point.

The people in the middle east are scared and desperate and the only people with the balls to actually stand up to the west is the religious extremists so people cling to them in the hope that they can save them from the bloody rampages of the imperialistic westerners.

Open your eyes friend, its not Jealousy its Stone. Cold. Fear.

Palestine is not now nor has ever been a recognized country.

Just to keep everyone honest here.

There is not and never has been a palestine.

This is a made up land mass.

You might as well quote Atlantis, and the suffering of its people.

Hey I am claiming this section of north Texas as Irish land.

Now I demand this be recognized as native Irish lands, and it must be set aside to make a homeland for my people.

What is the difference?

Geography and heritage....that is the only difference.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
OP

Because that is the whole bases of your thread and it is totally ignorant, by going with the title "my theory on why terrorists do what they do" and then giving us your very flawed analysis of why you think violent Islamic extremists do what they do the implication is that you you view all terrorists as Islamic.

A lot of people on this site need to get this mentality that not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslim out of their heads.

Probably because 99 out of 100 terrorist attacks today are caused by Muslims?

Or are you fully blind in both eyes?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer
I'm afraid you're quite wrong OP, and advise you to read LOTS of history before voicing your opinion on a very complicating matter. A good start would be the drawing of random borders in the Middle East by the British early in the 20th century. Also read up on the Russian war in Afghanistan in the eighties. You will learn that the Mujahideen were trained and financed (billions of dollars) by the US, United Kingdom and Saudi Arabia to fight the Russians. One of those Jihadi groups, Al Qaida, was led by Osama Bin Laden, a Saudi national. After understanding that, see if you can draw some parallels with the ISIS phenomenon and the conflict in Syria.

soulwaxer

I agree 100% a lot of these problems are the way the ottoman empire was divided up after ww1.

That is still no excuse.

This entire region has been a cesspool for nearly 2000 years.

Full of ignorant violent idiots.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
OP

Probably because 99 out of 100 terrorist attacks today are caused by Muslims?

Or are you fully blind in both eyes?

I didn't know that ETA, Shining Path, the IRA splinter groups, the remaining Red Army Faction fragments, various internal movements for independence all over the world, not to mention all the armed Communist movements were Muslims?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I bring up the ISIS Executioner .... a supposed Briton ex-patriot called Jihadi John by the MSM

was this guy jealous of western freedoms or was he afraid of Women's equality under the law in the rest of the world... NO.... I would venture a guess that he has really radical views of Jihad and has petitioned for the position as the Official ISIS Be-header of Unbelievers or Hostages & Prisoners like the most recent victim Mr Goto , a reporter from Japan

I believe this Jihadi John, a Muslim from England, has a notion that he personifies the name of Allah # 61...
Al-Mumit (creator of Death)

just a thought
put this one man's passion into a perspective of the millions of ME Muslims that have had a lifetime of aggression and death held over their family & relatives, never knowing if your turn is next to be drone assassinated... hark ! a terrorist is born as each person comes to their own realization of their condition ~ and just how to survive/adapt/sustain oneself
edit on st28142280816601292015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

Palestine is not now nor has ever been a recognized country.

Recognized by who? because last time I checked its recognized by over a hundred other countries.

en.wikipedia.org...

in fact both geologically and population wise most of the world recognize it so you would literally struggle to be more wrong.

Besides which, it was irrelevant to my point as that geographical region has had a history of being referred to as Palestine dating back to at least 800 bc and it was that geographical region I was referring to.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join