It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "My Muslim faith".

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

It is called a Freudian slip, one says what they mean not what they want to.

Like when you are checking out a hot woman's rack and say " what the boobies are you talking about".

Just my $0.02

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

So when was the last time you identified as something you are not, by slip of the tongue? Is it a common thing where you live?

Tell me.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Even if he is I don't care, my problem from the beginning was I felt he would be spineless and enact a number of things that would be bad for the country and he did.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: rokkuman

So when was the last time you identified as something you are not, by slip of the tongue? Is it a common thing where you live?

He never did that, read the transcript and watch the whole interview, not just the tiny bit you took out of context!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Tell me.

People are bullying your child calling him gay. Your child sees another child and says "I am glad he doesn't talk about my being gay".

Does that mean your child is gay and is admitting it, or is he simply referring to the things he is being accused of?

Same thing here.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Even if he is I don't care, my problem from the beginning was I felt he would be spineless and enact a number of things that would be bad for the country and he did.

Agreed, I don't care what " insert imaginary character here" he prayed to.

It does though matter to me that he is/does/would lie about it.

If I as a tax payer can't know his background and character, I can't honestly trust him.

This is a huge problem.

We know Lincolns wife was crazy and talked to the voice in her head... We knew Kennedy and Clinton were womanizers...we know bush did coke.....

We honestly know little about Obama on a personal... Relatable level.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Tell me.

People are bullying your child calling him gay. Your child sees another child and says "I am glad he doesn't talk about my being gay".

Does that mean your child is gay and is admitting it, or is he simply referring to the things he is being accused of?

Same thing here.

It isn't the same. Obama first said "my Muslim faith" and then corrected himself saying "my Christian faith". i.e. he meant to say "Christian faith" the first time.

So your analogy is laughable.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

It isn't the same. Obama first said "my Muslim faith" and then corrected himself saying "my Christian faith". i.e.

You really had better read the transcript, you are making yourself look like you are in full birther mode!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Tell me.

Same thing here.

Not even relatively close to the same comparison...

If the child said " he doesn't care if I am tay like him"....well then you could make a comparison.

I am not religious, I have never said " blank about my faith".... I don't believe any of them.

There is a strong difference between saying something that could be misunderstood " I like that kid" and " I'm gay like he is".

They are not even close to the same.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

It isn't the same. Obama first said "my Muslim faith" and then corrected himself saying "my Christian faith". i.e.

You really had better read the transcript, you are making yourself look like you are in full birther mode!

Why read a transcript made from the audio, hence second hand info, when you can hear the words right from his mouth?

You are not making a valid argument.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Most high level politicians do not subscribe to any organized religion. They simply claim themselves to be whatever particullar flavor of religion in which the masses that they "represent" subscribe to. Its all for show. If most Americans subscribed to the Green Men of the Martian faith, thats what the high level politicians would each call themselves.

Its. All. For. SHOW!!

Its 2015 and people are still loyally and joyfully eating up the garbage politicians spew.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

He's a politician, I expected the lies.

But i will say, I agree we know squat about the guy... And the more I see of him the more everything seems to be fake.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder
Why read a transcript made from the audio, hence second hand info, when you can hear the words right from his mouth?

The OP cut the video and took it out of context, that is why you if you had read the transcript you would know that.

Birthers really are getting desperate!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Tell me.

Same thing here.

It isn't the same. Obama first said "my Muslim faith" and then corrected himself saying "my Christian faith". i.e. he meant to say "Christian faith" the first time.

He was talking in context of others associating him with Islam though. After the reporter 'corrected' him, Obama said he was referring to the aforementioned:

SEN. OBAMA: What I was suggesting — you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith, and you're absolutely right that that has not come ...

MR. STEPHANOPOULOS (interrupting): Your Christian faith.

SEN. OBAMA: My Christian faith — well, what I'm saying is ...

MR. STEPHANOPOULOS (interrupting): Connections, right.

SEN. OBAMA: ... that he hasn't suggested that I'm a Muslim, and I think that his campaign upper echelons haven't either. What I think is fair to say is that coming out of the Republican camp, there have been efforts to suggest that perhaps I'm not what who I say I am when it comes to my faith, something which I find deeply offensive, and that has been going on for a pretty long time.

"Well, what I'm saying is that he hasn't suggested that I'm a Muslim, and I think that his campaign upper echelons haven't either."

Obama was speaking within a specific context, and whoever edited the video done so in order to misconstrue his words. Simply put, Obama didn't slip up, he was saying what he intended to say. The reporter incorrectly corrected him.

Thanks to Elton for the transcript.
edit on 1-2-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyTreason
Most high level politicians do not subscribe to any organized religion. They simply claim themselves to be whatever particullar flavor of religion in which the masses that they "represent" subscribe to. Its all for show. If most Americans subscribed to the Green Men of the Martian faith, thats what the high level politicians would each call themselves.

Its. All. For. SHOW!!

Its 2015 and people are still loyally and joyfully eating up the garbage politicians spew.

Very good point of course

They would also " blank" if it appealed to the masses, whether they actually do of even want to or not.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Tell me.

Same thing here.

No. He said it, and the interviewer said Christian, and Obama just said yes rather than going on a tangent. Same thing. The interview was about people saying he is a Muslim, he was on topic, and this is stretching so far you can't even reach.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

No. He said it, and the interviewer said Christian, and Obama just said yes rather than going on a tangent. Same thing. The interview was about people saying he is a Muslim, he was on topic, and this is stretching so far you can't even reach.

No Obama corrected himself saying "my christian faith".

Its obviously a goof up followed by a salvage attempt.

edit on 1-2-2015 by rokkuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

So why did Obama correct himself and say "Christian faith"?

Its obviously a goof up followed by a salvage attempt.

Because the reporter interrupted and 'corrected' Obama without completely understanding the context in which he was speaking.

It wasn't a screw up, as is obvious if you listen to what Obama proceeds to say after the interruption.

Stop clutching at straws, lol. For your claim of the video having nothing to do with the question or thread, you are very much trying to defend its contents. That's because you now know that your question was based on an intentionally misleading video.
edit on 1-2-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: infinityorder

The OP cut the video and took it out of context, that is why you if you had read the transcript you would know that.

Birthers really are getting desperate!

I'm no birthed...though Obamas BC having several different type fonts it is curious.

I have watched the entire interview many times now.

I still believe it to be an obvious slip.

Does calling one a birther help you dehumanize them, thus make seeing them as other than human, make it easier to see them as an enemy, this easier to attack, instead of a peer with a different perspective, that deserves reasonable contemplation?

Just asking as I never attacked or accused Obama or or you of anything, I just gave my opinion.

You can disagree, but labeling me an obviously intended slanderous and derogatory word is not helpful to your argument....if anything it shows your desperation to defend him at all costs....not a good position to argue if you are trying to find the truth instead of supporting your wanted outcome.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Because the reporter interrupted and 'corrected' Obama without completely understanding the context in which he was speaking.

And ..... you just "know" what was going through the reporters head at that time? Besides why would Obama say "my christian faith" upon being prompted.

Please stop. The man meant to say one thing, said something else, and then corrected himself.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join