It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Americans Be Allowed to Fight As Mercs Or Join Foreign Armies:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine
a reply to: Spider879

What's the difference between a mercenary and a hitman?

No real difference IMO, perhaps in some folks mind a numbers game plus duration.
But ideologs are different,for better or worst they believe in changing the world and sometimes work for free.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: ColCurious

A good merc is honorable to their employers contracts and as such is loyal to their employer. Now th eones you are talking about who will betray you for a higher profit are usually the ones who come up dead because thet cant be trusted. You are only as good as your word in the merc business.

Police work for money. technically they are mercs. Soldiers too. they dont do it for free.

Enlisted soldiers swear allegiance to a country (at least our soldiers do). Mercenaries are contract killers for hire. Big difference.

Police swear a oath as well. In the end its just words and allegiences end all the time. I was in ROTC. i was going to go military but decided not to. I had a feeling the country was moving in a warlike direction. I was just going to sign up for the MONEY. Not out of pariotism. This current generation if it was unpaid they would desert in droves.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

a reply to: ColCurious

A good merc is honorable to their employers contracts and as such is loyal to their employer. Now th eones you are talking about who will betray you for a higher profit are usually the ones who come up dead because thet cant be trusted. You are only as good as your word in the merc business.

Police work for money. technically they are mercs. Soldiers too. they dont do it for free.

Enlisted soldiers swear allegiance to a country (at least our soldiers do). Mercenaries are contract killers for hire. Big difference.

Police swear a oath as well. In the end its just words and allegiences end all the time. I was in ROTC. i was going to go military but decided not to. I had a feeling the country was moving in a warlike direction. I was just going to sign up for the MONEY. Not out of pariotism. This current generation if it was unpaid they would desert in droves.

The point is that regular soldiers are subject to military law of their country and mercenaries are not when operating on foreign soil. Perhaps they should be.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join