It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halal certification in Australia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'm just pointing out that from my experience, if there is a protest against any kind of animal slaughter practice, it is more like to be the animal rights groups spear-heading it than one religious group or another.

I, as a Christian, have no real dog in the fight. Halal and Kosher are Halal and Kosher. I eat meat and understand that in order for me to do that an animal has to die. Now if we were talking about a slaughter practice that demanded an animal be ritualistically flayed and boiled alive ... I might get upset. But the practices surrounding the traditional methods here are about as humane as they could be prior to modern technology.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

What i find gross is why we should have to deal with this halal bs. As far as im concerned
put god damn pork bits in just to mix it up a little!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's not about the slaughtering practise, it's about supposedly funding terrorism.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
A good article from ABC news on the subject, pretty much debunks any claim of terrorist funding..

www.abc.net.au...

Also proves that Pauline Hanson is still an idiot!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Yes she is ..in fact i bet she is more hated than halal certification...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yes she is ..in fact i bet she is more hated than halal certification...

Her fish and chips were not Halal certified. Didn't make a difference other than she didn't have to pay for the certification. Then again, if she had certified and payed the recompense would her chippy shop be frequented by those who require food to be Halal certified.

Personally I don't care but I don't look to buy food that is Halal when I want some fish and crispy chips. Crikey, who cares.

If a Halal certification makes food more expensive then I'll go with the basic Fish and Chips off the wharf. To hell with any religious certification.

Kind regards,

Bally.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Halal slaughter , by its nature, is cruelty to animals and Muslims in Australia who insist on it, I would imagine, would prefer to immigrate to a Muslim country, if it means that much too them that they can't forgo it in Australia as a sign of respect for Christianity and Australian values..
edit on 15-4-2015 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2015 by Azureblue because: typo

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Compared to western methods, I agree it is cruel.

But if you read how it's meant to be done, the animal is treated with respect, well as respectful as slitting a throat can be..

Getting the certification in Australia isn't a major priority, it's for export markets.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
One thing I learned out of this recent anti-halal hysteria was that its mostly for non-meat products and its mostly to certify that no alcohol based cleaning products were used on the preparation utensils.

I also learned that I have some really stupid friends.

If everyone could learn from this hysteria then we wouldnt have this hysteria.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The animal rights people have a problem with it, too. It has to do with the animal not being stunned prior to slaughter.

Nothing like a good painfully murdered meal preparation to be holy eh.

That right there makes me sick to my stomach, knowing the animal was killed even more painfully.

No money from me for that food.

www.dailymail.co.uk... eat-dont-label-it.html

You maybe eating it without knowing it.

www.independent.co.uk... l

Good thing too.

They are probably violating some EU laws somewhere no doubt. I just have to dig them up.

edit on 15-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

Animals have been "murdered" long before any sort of religious rites were placed on it.

And a lot more stressful to the animal than halal methods.

edit on 15/4/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: bullcat

Animals have been "murdered" long before any sort of religious rites were placed on it.

And a lot more stressful than halal methods.

Yes of course but now we have civilised ways, ehm, and many laws, that many food producers breach.

If people knew what food producers do with their production and methods, and the illegal foods out there miss-labelled, food criminality is big big money. You would become vegetarian instantly lol, I don't eat meat much either.

edit on 15-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
If people were real that concerned about the wellbeing of the meat they eat, they wouldn't be eating meat in the first place would they?

Shhh, don't tell the hypocrites what they don't want to hear! They would rather imagine that the Halal process is evil and barbaric, while pretending their non-Halal meat is from animals living in pretty green fields dancing and skipping with their cute babies, then lulled individually into sleep being cradled in the arms of a Pagan princess, before being humanely killed only after they've led a full and happy life!

We'd better not tell all these hypocrites that the meat they eat is just as brutally butchered as any Halal meat, their precious heads might explode.

In fact, if anything, at least Halal butchers express some respect for the animals they are killing. You won't get that from the mass machine slaughtering of any normal meat producing company where they treat their animals with the most vile disregard imaginable.

People need to get real. 90% of the meat you all eat is killed with no respect and no empathy for the animal at all. They spend their entire lives in captivity, being pumped full of chemical concoctions, before being dragged out onto the slaughtering line the moment they are fat enough to make the maximum profit.

Unless you are ensuring that every bit of meat you eat is sourced from ethical farmers, you have absolutely no leg to stand on.
edit on 15-4-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
So I was lisening to the radio the other day and it was about people calling up and saying why they do not like the halal certification, and to be honest there reasons were extremely poor and pathetic. So it got me thinking why I should or shouldn't support it.
So firstly we have to ask ourselves what is it?
From what I understand it comes from sharia law. No big deal right?
That took me to sharia law, Sharia law comes from a combination of sources including the Qur'an,
Now I'm starting to not feel so comfortable with it at all. Because the Qur'an supports and teaches many things i find immoral and wrong.
So I'm sure that there are people that will tell me that there is nothing wrong with the money rasied from halal certification because it helps funds schools and mosque. But I belive i have a moral obligation not to support the things these schools and mosque teach. And for that reason alone it has become enough for me to start not buying halal.
Anyways these are just my thought's, I could be completely wrong.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join