It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

White House Seeks to Limit Health Law’s Tax Troubles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:20 AM
a reply to: SubTruth

I will quibble some with that. At least with Habitat for Humanity, the people who are to receive the house in question usually have to work to help get that house ready. So at least they've done some of the hard work of getting it up and running and will hopefully take some ownership as a result.

I will agree that this is all about control of us though, not about actually providing healthcare.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:11 AM
I thought I saw on the news early this morning the repubs are now trying to pass a bill to overturn the ACA law. I know Obama will veto it but they mentioned having enough votes to overturn it? God, I hope so!!!

Or at least overturn the individual mandate where we're forced to buy insurance!
edit on 1-2-2015 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:17 AM
a reply to: texasgirl

I won't deny that something needs to be done with the system as it was, but what they did was simply doubling down on the problems and adding more trouble.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:18 AM
A woman on Facebook was always telling my wife how great her ** Obama ** care insurance was. Tax time and now she owes nearly $6k she's not so happy. She figured she could walk away from a little copay here and there and nobody would care

A lot more stories will be coming out

**SNIP** Review T&C 15g - Political Baiting

15g.) Political Baiting: You will not engage in politically-charged rhetoric, politically-inspired name-calling, and related right-versus-left political bickering while Posting in any topical forum or discussion thread on the Websites. You will not alter political candidate names or party affiliations in order to insult or deride the opposition.

edit on 2/1/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:19 AM
a reply to: xuenchen

Like everything, the amount of subsidies pay out is going to be catastrophic this tax year creating a deficit when it comes to the taxable income, the reason is very simple, waste, abuse, corruption and the implementation of a system that will bankrupt the nation and the working tax paying class because the morons that started the system hare too stupid to implemented it

Then wait for the government when they start going after those that received subsidies that they do not qualify for, that is going to become tax income lost.

We have morons in government and they are never prepared for anything.

After all this happen this year wait for the new Czar of collecting lost taxable income from Obama crap and the waste and abuse will keep getting bigger and bigger.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:23 AM

originally posted by: mikell
A woman on Facebook was always telling my wife how great her obummer care insurance was. Tax time and now she owes nearly $6k she's not so happy. She figured she could walk away from a little copay here and there and nobody would care

A lot more stories will be coming out

They're all probably going to be "liars"...

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:07 AM
I'll give my second page answer which will again get lost.

Have you noticed something about this thread? The OP asked for negative experience.

Lots and lots of talk and little one line responses but yet NO horror stories. You probably won't hear too many either. What is someone going to go on camera, crying, saying they made $50,000 more this year so they will have to pay back their government grant of $3,000? Not exactly a tear jerker.

Here we have taxes being limited and the OP is unhappy. And why shouldn't people have to pay back their subsidy if they made more this year?

There are issues in the management, yes, but it's because the average person now using the same methods of big corps and the rich. The rich do not receive a "welfare check", instead their welfare comes in the form of subsidies and tax credits. It's really the same but much harder and more expensive to do.

edit on February 1st 2015 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:22 AM
Another day, another failure by government. This entire ACA thing is a joke, and does nothing but pave the way for further government intrusion.

Repeal this crap, and put a REAL system in place. Such a joke..

ETA: Also remember that the obamacare penalty will triple each year. So 90$ this year and 325$ next year.

I covered this topic a bit back in November.
edit on 2/1/2015 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:23 AM
a reply to: Daughter2

I don't think anyone would be unhappy with limited taxes, but this is really just another lame attempt to mitigate the negative political impact of a disastrous law.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:26 AM
The amount that you have to pay back is based on your income not on how much the over payment was. The less you made the more of the overpayment you can keep and not have to pay back.
if you you are a single individual who made $22,980 or less you only have to pay back $300, no matter how much the over payment was.
you don`t have to pay back the full amount until you reach $45,960, so basically the poorer you are the more you are allowed to steal in over payments. some people could actually make out pretty well from the over payments.
edit on 1-2-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:26 AM
a reply to: Daughter2

I have a negative experience......I cannot afford to go to the doctor.....after I pay my premium.
The deductible is beyond my ability to pay.
Should I get very ill, well, I don't know what I would or could do.

Lose my house probably.
And, this was not the way my life was before unACA.
Then, I had manageable premiums and reasonable deductions....even drug coverage.

Also, the forms are a PITA to fill out....unless you had coverage for 12 months and had the same income for every month.
Otherwise, there are columns and columns to fill out.
And, who needs more paperwork in their lives

edit on Sun Feb 1 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:31 AM
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

A perfect brief before and after experience. There are countless others who feel your pain.

Far too many to be swept under the rugs at the Whitehouse unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:41 AM
I am going to use the administrations and the SCOTUS determination that your(our) Mandated HealthCare coverage is a TAX

it will involve the use of itemized deductions schedule A of the 1040...
this tactic should result in $1,258.80 of extra refund due me on my $6,800.oo adjusted annual income...

turn the tables on 'em while we can I say

you all can think about it as I want to be among the few & first to use this unintended consequence wrought by Øbama & his ACA monster
edit on st28142280896401422015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:51 AM
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

You know what the biggest blunder is . . . this is nothing but expanding Medicaid for those that are really in low income status, because the poorest of the nation, making under 14,000 a year are not even in the qualifying range, for those is Medicaid.

Taking into consideration the amount of people in the welfare range that work but still need government assistance they are all in limbo.

ACA was to go after those that are productive workers, that do not get any government benefits and pay taxes in time, that group is been gouged by the insurance companies to pay off for the short comings of AKA if you make 45 thousand a year and up you are in the group that ACA is going to go after.

In this day and time most working people doesn't have a few thousand dollars around to give away to the insurance companies for the deductibles every year, this deductibles will increase yearly because is not control.

My husband and I deductibles since ACA passing has double in the last year alone and we are under Government subsidized health care due to my husband been a Veteran receiving military retirement and still working full time, but do not use the VA because I can not. so far the third increase has been held up by congress but is coming before next year, the goal is to completely eliminate the option for veterans, force us to get into private insurance under ACA while the active duty will still have the choice, because by the time my husband reach 65 he will be considered a double dipper.

Is easier to take the money by force from my husband military retirement as the government is in control the same way that money is deducted for medicare when it comes to those over 65 getting SS.

The way I see it is nothing but government control in order to satisfy the private insurance business.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:21 PM
a reply to: ausername

Congress should have read the bill and avoided all this pain......but then the real beneficiaries of unACA were always the insurers....not the citizens/patients.

I don't want pain to be felt.
I want my healthcare back.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:15 PM
We didn't lose our insurance ... this year, but our deductible doubled and we are more in debt to our doctors office than we were last year. Also in years past we managed to eat up our deductible by the end of the year. This year, we're still running up the tab.

It also seems like insurance pays less than it did before.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:41 AM
Very soon and (I am not been sarcastic), people with high deductible due to income expectations and predictions by ACA and the insurance companies, will have to refinance their deductibles (like you do your mortgage or bills) in order to be able to use their insurance when the yearly deductibles starts to pile up on people's "medical expenses".

Yes, I can see the new market now and commercial adds "Refinance your health care deductibles under a government approved and private bankers provided easy payments loan".

After all we are a capitalistic gone wrong and very immoral corrupted country. Right?

top topics

<< 1   >>