It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Formula 1 2015 - pre season testing.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

Yeah, Toro Rosso seems to have a decent chassis.

- I have no idea how that 70hp would translate in time exactly, but it has to be at east .02/0.3 seconds, and can go up as high as 0.5/0.6 seconds a lap (it will depend also from track to track)

- It was also only the second day of driving for Carlos with the (new) STR10, so I would suspect if they (mechanics and him) had the car earlier, they would have gotten some more speed out of it that lap...1.24 flat or very high 1.23 minutes

- And other teams were saying the track was slower the third day

Assuming Ferrari and Williams were doing the third day fast laps, 1m23.276s SS and 1m23.262s SS...given those points I made above about TR, the SRT10 might be able to do 1m23.8/1m23.5 (with the same hp engine)...making the chassis itself not much slower as those of Ferrari and Williams.

As long as they are competitive enough for places 8/16 it will be good enough. It doesn`t matter that much for the youngsters if they would qualify only places 14/16 if the gap is really close to cars in front of them. And with Renault having developed the engine first for reliability, and are now developing for speed, we might see them finding hopefully at least 40/50hp in the engine which will be delivered halfway the season.

There`s a good change Red Bull can`t compete with Ferrari and Williams, and will be more closer to TR, Lotus, McLarren and Sauber. Force India might not be able to compete with the top 16 and could up ending becoming at the back of the field, places 17&18, with Marussia at places 19&20.

Mercedes still at top, but the gap might not be so big to Ferrari and Williams anymore (or still is)...we have to wait for that.

I`m happy to see the STR10 is competitive and Ferrari and Williams have done some good work too, I like it when different cars are being very close to each other in terms of speed.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Beitske is not an ordinary Dutch name, I`m guessing her parents are Fries, despite she was born in Dronten (Flevoland).

I wondered what happened to Nyck de Vries, but he takes over the seat of Carlos Sainz Jr. in the Renault Wolrd Series I have just read...I remembered reading he was also a big talent.
edit on 5 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

I don`t know about it being the end of his career that quickly.

M. Schumacher had also brain damage because of a crash and that had something to do with him being not as fast anymore the last years of his driving (it has been kept as a secret).

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

The computer telemetry from the car, which contains all the data, including braking and steering inputs, has not been released by McLaren.

Therefore i take this statement

Engineers who have seen the GPS data say the deceleration trace is almost identical to that for braking into Turn Four, a hairpin.

With a grain of salt.

And this statement which contradicts the above.

But he was certainly conscious, because he was braking at maximum force - equivalent to 75kg or more - and changing gear.

Source

It seems more like damage control than actually finding the cause, Ron Dennis seems to want everyone to believe that everything is just fine.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Yes, the times from today's pre season test can be found here.
Tomorrow the second and last day of testing at Jerez.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The cars are really mixed up in terms of different teams.

Not bad from Beitske, 5th time, not a big gap to nr. 1 and well ahead of her teammate.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
No wonder he will not drive in Australia...

Alonso thought he was 13 years old after the crash

Google Translate...

Notable unveiling today in the Spanish media: F1 driver Fernando Alonso thought after his crash almost two weeks ago at the Circuit de Catalunya, he was thirteen. , I am Fernando. I practice karting and I want to be an F1 driver in the future, "Alonso would the doctors have said after he came back to consciousness. Earlier this week, the Spaniard said that they do not participate in the Grand Prix of Australia, the opening race of the season.

More Here

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

I don`t know about it being the end of his career that quickly.

M. Schumacher had also brain damage because of a crash and that had something to do with him being not as fast anymore the last years of his driving (it has been kept as a secret).

Amnesia is SERIOUS brain trauma.

If this story about Alonso is for real, he's toast.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

What I have read, he`s preparing for Sepang.

But yeah, it was serious trouble...and as I told, Schumacher also had brain damage which affected his driving later in his career, so we have to wait if that isn`t the case with Alonso too...but a brain can be a resilient thing, so maybe it doesn`t mean a thing, however it could be a thing when he gets another hit like that...I guess we have to wait.

What do you think, which drivers have the most to prove and are getting it the most difficult ?

Kyvat can get a difficult time, he has to proof he can match Ricciardo and will have a lot of pressure coming from Max.

Carlos Sainz looks to me also has a lot of pressure, he wasn`t really consistent last year despite winning the championship and has to compete with someone who`s really consistent. Last test Carlos went several times off the track, Max didn`t while being constantly fast. So I don`t think there`s that much pressure going to be on Max.

Vettel needs to show what he can in another car as a RB, but Raikkonen needs to show himself too compared to Vettel. So both have something to show for.

And Rosberg, I wonder if he can start showing good race speed, but not having seen him doing that, I think he just stays a typical second driver.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

What do you think, which drivers have the most to prove and are getting it the most difficult ?

I expect to see Kimi at the top of the podium in Melbourne!

Hope springs eternal.

Seriously though, we won't have any real idea of the order of things until then.

BTW my cable provider called me out-of-the-blue yesterday and I was going to give them an upgrade order to receive TSN, but they were so infuriating to deal with, the call deteriorated into a mutual "Have a nice day!" slamdown.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
new thread for the 2015 championship

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join