It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitney Houston & Bobby Brown's daughter - Bobbi Kristina Found Unconscious in Bathtub

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Not sure if this is posted in the right forum. Mod's please move if need be.

Heard about this on the radio earlier.

Thoughts & prayers go out to Bobbi Kristina & her family.

Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown's daughter was found unconscious in a bathtub in her home -- and taken to a hospital where she is now breathing ... TMZ has learned.

Bobbi Kristina Brown's husband Nick Gordon and a friend found her in the tub ... according to police in Roswell, GA. We're told her husband and friend immediately started CPR on her ... until police and paramedics arrived.

We're told police took over life-saving measures on the scene -- and then she was taken by ambulance to a hospital.

Doctors have now stabilized her breathing, and we're told she is in ICU.

Still unclear why Bobbi fell unconscious. We're told a friend made the call to 911 from Bobbi's house.

The circumstances are especially eerie -- Whitney died in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton on February 11 ... three years ago.

Story developing ...

source

edit on 31-1-2015 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I learned it from watching you mom!

I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn
That logic might apply but if I am not mistaken she actually supposedly fell asleep in the bathtub once, the night before Whitney Houston died in the bathtub... now this.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I don't think that's it at all.

The poor kid has been through a lot of heartache. She and her mother were very close. It must be very difficult for her especially since the anniversary of her mothers death is right around the corner.

Personally, I feel bad for her and/or anyone who looses their mother. I wish her well & wish her strength.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I really no longer care about those who overdose (if that's the case).

Few of us had "rosey" childhoods.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If Bobbi Kristina was a normal everyday girl from an Everyday Joe & Josephine family, she'd be clearly repeating an abuse cycle after a childhood surrounded by drugs & bad influences. In that regard, I can muster up the pity for her, she was just a kid with 2 really messed up parents. Normal people call it "a #ty upbringing" when it happens to poor kids.

Edit: Looks like TMZ has an update:

1:53 PM PT -- Sources close to the family tell TMZ Bobbi Kristina has been placed in a medically induced coma for swelling of the brain.

Read more: www.tmz.com...

edit on 1/31/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

You can still have a #ty upbringing even if your family has money.

Just like people can have a great childhood being dirt poor. It all depends on the social bonds and nurturing given by the adults around you.

I would say this young woman is at increased risk for all sorts of things including addiction. Being raised by drug addicts(rich or poor) does not for good childhood make. Those situations mean not only are those children neglected but at risk for being exposed to random people that they shouldn't(increasing chances of sexual abuse and neglect) and also just general volatility at a time when a person needs to bond with a stable adult.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

Just like people can have a great childhood being dirt poor. It all depends on the social bonds and nurturing given by the adults around you.

I would say this young woman is at increased risk for all sorts of things including addiction. Being raised by drug addicts(rich or poor) does not for good childhood make. Those situations mean not only are those children neglected but at risk for being exposed to random people that they shouldn't(increasing chances of sexual abuse and neglect) and also just general volatility at a time when a person needs to bond with a stable adult.

Pretty much. I guess what I was trying to say was that it seems people are more apt to pitty the poorer kid raised by junkie messes than they are the rich kid raised by junkies. Damage is damage to a kid's mentality, money isn't going to make a little kid any better psychologically growing up with addicts.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The only time I would say money might help in a situation like that is if the kid has a bad ass nanny(which would work as a surrogate mother/father figure). I met a well off young woman once with some pretty nutty parents(mom was alcoholic etc). I couldn't for the life of me figure out why she turned out okay until years later when I thought back to the thoughtful maid/housekeeper/live in nanny that had been with them for years that I had met. I was like "duh", she introduced me to her nanny before her mom.

But yeah, those kids are still at risk for all the same issues as anyone else exposed to that type of nonsense.

Drug abuse is actually very common in rich teens but for some reason no one talks about it. I think it's kind of looked at differently, like you said. Not just the traditional drugs either, but pharmaceuticals are a big problem as well.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Yes, but she can go to the best medical/rehab facility money can buy.

Life is about choices. Money or no money, life is about choices.

Your life. Your responsibility.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Rehab isn't as useful for people who are wealthy and more benefits the poor who have bad social ties and family support structures. Which is sad because they are the ones who get it the least.

Life is about choices but once you reach a certain stage of addiction you lose the choice. It takes a very extreme circumstance for certain types of addicts to get clean(sometimes jail, sometimes an accident). If you don't know what I'm talking about or don't understand then you have A. Not been addicted B. Not known someone addicted C. Not researched the topic thoroughly.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
All the money in the world won't help you if you don't want help.

And it doesn't matter what kind of resources are there waiting for you to take advantage of the; if you don't want help, none of them will make any difference.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Heartbreaking as far as I am concerned.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And it doesn't matter what kind of resources are there waiting for you to take advantage of the; if you don't want help, none of them will make any difference.

I have lost family members do to drug and alcohol abuse,

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Rehab isn't as useful for people who are wealthy and more benefits the poor who have bad social ties and family support structures. Which is sad because they are the ones who get it the least.

Then choose a different rehab center.

How did David Crosby finally get clean? Solitary confinement in jail.

You realize you are making excuses, don't you?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

You misinterpret a "reason" for an "excuse".

Two entirely different words altogether.

In no place did I say someone should be forgiven or let off the hook for any ill behavior toward others. If someone steals something they should be held accountable. The reason might be they were on drugs at the time, does not mean that "excuses" them. Either way though, unless she was hurting anyone but herself, no "excuse" is needed as we answer only to ourselves in regard to what we do with our own bodies.

Here is an overview of the two words:

rea·son
1. a cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event.

excuse
2. attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.

You asked "How did David Crosby get clean?" and then stated solitary confinement and I'm not sure how that plays into the angle you're getting at. Jail was one instance I stated has been the catalyst for certain addicts to get clean. Usually it doesn't help in the long run though which is why as a nation we need to move away from prison as the answer to addiction issues in the population. That's another topic altogether.
edit on 31-1-2015 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

I wasn't saying anything negative. I was just saying that people who are gone in their addiction have to decide they want out of it and work toward it. They can have resources and support and everything else, but they need to want to come out from that addiction.

My grandfather never got serious about kicking his until his doctor told him to quit or die.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
If Bobbi Kristina was a normal everyday girl from an Everyday Joe & Josephine family, she'd be clearly repeating an abuse cycle after a childhood surrounded by drugs & bad influences. In that regard, I can muster up the pity for her, she was just a kid with 2 really messed up parents. Normal people call it "a #ty upbringing" when it happens to poor kids.

Edit: Looks like TMZ has an update:

1:53 PM PT -- Sources close to the family tell TMZ Bobbi Kristina has been placed in a medically induced coma for swelling of the brain.

Read more: www.tmz.com...

I love that they say no drugs were found. Because no one ever thought to have a friend come in and remove them before emergency personal arrived. I have seen pictures of that girl before and never have I seen her look so scary skinny. If she is not on anything, good for her. But I will say, she is crying out for help!

I have a stepsister who is bipolar and her mother recently passed around the same time as Whitney and we have been dealing with her bouncing from state to state, couch to couch, family member to family member, beer can to beer can, homeless bridge to homeless bridge trying to deal with her grief. Her brother, he is married, involved with his church, etc.... He's having trouble too, but he's obviously handling it in a more mature way. Her kids are heartbroken, but they obviously cannot rely on their mother to get them through this, so they rely on me and other family members to talk to, to help them.

I wonder who Bobby Kristina has other than Bobby Brown?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

If there are drugs involved, I hope this wakes her up to the necessity of getting off them. Then I hope she has the power to get away from the toxic crew around her.

The second is going to be the tall order I think. If she hangs around with the same gang that got her into trouble before, they'll do it again.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Me too. I was 15 when an uncle died of a coc aine addiction.

I adored him and back then I just didn't understand it or what it was. I do now of course. All I knew was the guy that picked me up after school and took me to Dairy Queen and got me out of my ###tty house was no longer there for me like he promised. I never knew he had his own ###tty life.

I've also had my grandfather die of cirrhosis of the liver due to very, very severe alcohol abuse. It is rampant in my family. He was a mean drunk would beat my Nan till she'd land in the hospital. Eventually he fell off a roof and broke his hip and couldn't beat her anymore. Then SHE became the mean drunk and began beating my father and his brothers and sisters, and eventually us kids when we'd visit. I remember her throwing my sister down the stairs for sassing her! My dad was an alcoholic. It runs in my family bad. I try to stay away from it. Once in a blue moon I will have one drink out at a nice restaurant at dinner, that is it! I refuse to allow it in my home. Period. After my divorce, vodka began to become my friend and I put a kibosh on that! I didn't want to go down their path.

edit on 1/31/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/31/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join