It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheists Invading Christianity To Destroy People's Faith From Within?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

originally posted by: maxzen2004
a reply to: MKMoniker I think Atheist who are attacking the Christian religion are Satanists, Atheist don't believe in anything so why attack the Christian religion? If you take God out of government and schools, it will destroy this country. Once you lose Liberty, you will never get it back. Atheist is the perfect disguise for Satanists.

Have you noticed that even the pope say atheists go to heaven without having faith. A sheep is a sheep and Yeshua and the other blessed ones know better than to judge by viewpoint. Atheist are just people who have not gotten a spiritual connection yet. If they are meant to know spiritual things while being alive then it will be revealed to them.

I have wondered why some people think the plural of atheist is atheist. Could you tell me why you think the plural is spelled that way? Is it some kind of derisive slam or secret code or what?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy
a reply to: jude11

ATS is open for anyone to comment on, so there can be no infiltration if it is open and accessible to everyone.

As per the OP, faith resides in the individual.

I think that if you don't like a Christian exercising their right to comment on an open thread, then ask the owner to modify it and not allow any religious forums at all.

But let me give you an example, there is a thread entitled "Origins and Creation", in which people who do hold to Creation are allowed to comment within, but on that thread, Creationists are attacked, on the very thread for them. So why allow that to happen?

ATS is open and free to comment on whatever you want, there is no infiltration on ATS by Christians. We simply have a forum that allows us to speak. I think it is fair.

Who says that thread is only for creationists?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Tangerine Satanists are the opposite of good, their goal to desecrate Jesus and spread hate.

How can one desecrate an imaginary person/being? Could you please explain? Seems to me that you're spreading hatred toward Satanists. Have I misinterpreted your posts?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I was once a christian,then I began to think.

Your evil,perverted god is the creator of suffering.

Turn away from him and know true peace.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I get what the OP is saying, but actually I only see it on ATS in this very forum. Some of the posts in this thread even.
I do not see it on other forums. One Christian forum was banning anybody who deviated from their core beliefs, those guys are way worse than any atheistic infiltrators. If in their opinion you were a heretic the ban hammer came out.
Must be a self-cheering website with no real discussion. So pathetic.
edit on 1-2-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

a reply to: jude11

ATS is open for anyone to comment on, so there can be no infiltration if it is open and accessible to everyone.

As per the OP, faith resides in the individual.

I think that if you don't like a Christian exercising their right to comment on an open thread, then ask the owner to modify it and not allow any religious forums at all.

But let me give you an example, there is a thread entitled "Origins and Creation", in which people who do hold to Creation are allowed to comment within, but on that thread, Creationists are attacked, on the very thread for them. So why allow that to happen?

ATS is open and free to comment on whatever you want, there is no infiltration on ATS by Christians. We simply have a forum that allows us to speak. I think it is fair.

Who says that thread is only for creationists?

As per the title of that forum....if you come to a forum entitled that, then expect there to be people talking about Creationism, but to go with the intent of trolling because it is your new fun thing for the day, then expect your voice to be heard little.

You want your rights respected, then respect the rights of others. View/Counterview...Point/Counterpoint. But to just show up on a thread and see the subject matter and jump in immediately with an insult to say "you believers are insane because there is no God", what have you done?

If I disagree with someone, I let them know I disagree. But I never act like you are non-person and allow you to be called names. But you all laugh when certain words are thrown around like "religitard" or even "Repukelican" or "Democrap"...see, calling people names never helps your cause. And laughing about it and not saying to stop, doesn't help the cause of the person you think you are in cahoots with.

In fact, standing back and laughing at this, just makes you look like an internet bully. Some of us though won't be bullied and that just makes some people more angry.

ATS is not a bully pulpit, but if someone comes back at you with the same equal voice, then they aren't bullies, just defensive.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

a reply to: MKMoniker I think Atheist who are attacking the Christian religion are Satanists, Atheist don't believe in anything so why attack the Christian religion? If you take God out of government and schools, it will destroy this country. Once you lose Liberty, you will never get it back. Atheist is the perfect disguise for Satanists.

Have you noticed that even the pope say atheists go to heaven without having faith. A sheep is a sheep and Yeshua and the other blessed ones know better than to judge by viewpoint. Atheist are just people who have not gotten a spiritual connection yet. If they are meant to know spiritual things while being alive then it will be revealed to them.

I have wondered why some people think the plural of atheist is atheist. Could you tell me why you think the plural is spelled that way? Is it some kind of derisive slam or secret code or what?

And I have always wondered why atheism is a proof of no God when the definition of atheism is simply a choice to not believe?

So, that's your choice to not believe, it doesn't prove or disprove God, it only proves that it is your choice to not believe and if it is your choice to not believe, then atheism is only founded in the mind of the disbeliever, that is all.

A choice is an active thought process, that is all. But for some atheists, they don't even understand the definition of their world view, which atheism is indeed a world view, nothing more.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Belief Is NOT a choice. It's a mental state that appeals to ones sense of logic.

Believe, believed, believing.
to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so:
Only if one believes in something can one act purposefully.

I don't believe in the biblical God because it makes no sense and is illogical to me. I can't force myself to believe something that goes against my personal moral compass and stick my inner sense of logic in a closet somewhere!

This idea that one can choose what to believe is what makes "hypocrites"!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Belief Is NOT a choice. It's a mental state that appeals to ones sense of logic.

Believe, believed, believing.
to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so:
Only if one believes in something can one act purposefully.

I don't believe in the biblical God because it makes no sense and is illogical to me. I can't force myself to believe something that goes against my personal moral compass and stick my inner sense of logic in a closet somewhere!

This idea that one can choose what to believe is what makes "hypocrites"!

The broader, and more common, understanding of atheism among atheists is quite simply "not believing in any gods." No claims or denials are made — an atheist is just a person who does not happen to be a theist. Sometimes this broader understanding is called "weak" or "implicit" atheism. Most good, complete dictionaries readily support this.

Whether or not you believe or disbelieve is still your choice. Beliefs can change so can disbeliefs.

Whether or not you don't believe God exists has no bearing at all on whether or not God exists.

And you do choose daily what you want to believe for that day. You woke up this morning still with the choice today to believe or not believe, but it still has no bearing on whether or not God exists today.

I can't force myself to believe something that goes against my personal moral compass and stick my inner sense of logic in a closet somewhere!

So you chose to trust your own moral compass, therefore, choice.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

And I have always wondered why atheism is a proof of no God when the definition of atheism is simply a choice to not believe?

a·the·ism
ˈāTHēˌizəm/Submit
noun
disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

synonyms: nonbelief, disbelief, unbelief, irreligion, skepticism, doubt, agnosticism; nihilism

I can see why you are so confused. You were ignorant about the definition of Atheism.

The question is were you actually ignorant of the definition or are you trying to redefine it? If you are trying to redefine it that means you have an agenda.

A piece of advice for you. When you are making an argument based on the definition of something you should look up that definition beforehand it will save you much embarrassment.
edit on 1-2-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Whether or not you believe or disbelieve is still your choice.

Belief IS NOT a choice.

Beliefs can change so can disbeliefs.

Yep! I used to believe in the Bible, its God and Jesus, but after careful inspection, I found that belief in the biblical gods violates my sense of logic and my inner moral compass.

My own perception is the only thing there is that I can count on! Do you always advise people to drop what seems moral and right to them in favor of something that makes no logical sense and seems immoral and wrong to them?

edit on 1-2-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

a·the·ism
ˈāTHēˌizəm/Submit
noun

synonyms: nonbelief, disbelief, unbelief, irreligion, skepticism, doubt, agnosticism; nihilism

I can see why you are so confused. You were ignorant about the definition of Atheism.

The question is were you actually ignorant of the definition or are you trying to redefine it? If you are trying to redefine it that means you have an agenda.

A piece of advice for you. When you are making an argument based on the definition of something you should look up that definition beforehand it will save you much embarrassment.

To be fair, I was going to use that very definition as I have done many times in the past.

But still, to be fair, just because one chooses to not believe, or is irreligious, does that have any bearing on whether or not something does exist?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Whether or not you believe or disbelieve is still your choice.

Belief IS NOT a choice.

Beliefs can change so can disbeliefs.

Yep! I used to believe in the Bible, its God and Jesus, but after careful inspection, I found that belief in the biblical gods violates my sense of logic and my inner moral compass.

My own perception is the only thing there is that I can count on! Do you always advise people to drop what seems moral and right to them in favor of something that makes no logical sense and seems immoral and wrong to them?

So you made a choice to not believe in the Bible.

You based that upon your own logic. There's nothing wrong in saying that it is your choice.

You disbelieve, ok. But you once believed, until you thought about it and then made the choice to not believe.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Belief IS NOT a choice.

If you think that one can choose to believe that fairy tales are true, perhaps that's why you're approach is rejected so often. You're not trying to convert people to truly believe Christianity is true, you're trying to convert people to "Hypocrisy" by encouraging them to just say they believe!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

a·the·ism
ˈāTHēˌizəm/Submit
noun

To be fair, I was going to use that very definition as I have done many times in the past.

But still, to be fair, just because one chooses to not believe, or is irreligious, does that have any bearing on whether or not something does exist?

If you were trying to be fair you would acknowledge that a lack of belief is not equivocated with choosing not to believe.

Do you lack belief that purple frolicking unicorns in Saturns rings rule the universe or do you chose to believe they don't?

Apologies if you hold a belief they do.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Belief IS NOT a choice.

If you think that one can choose to believe that fairy tales are true, perhaps that's why you're approach is rejected so often. You're not trying to convert people to truly believe Christianity is true, you're trying to convert people to "Hypocrisy" by encouraging them to just say they believe!

Are you rejecting me because of "fairy tales" or that you don't believe in "fairy tales"?

I am not trying to convert you, because conversion is a choice you make yourself, you were converted from belief to unbelief, so the rejection isn't because of "fairy tales" but the choice to reject what you don't want to accept.

No one is forcing you to believe or disbelief, if it is by force, then it is not a choice. And since you are choosing to reject means that you choose to reject not me, but the conversion.

There are a whole lot of people who were atheists who were converted to belief. They made that choice willingly. How do you account for them?

I am the one telling you that you have the free choice to believe or not believe, but if you are saying that you have no choice in the matter, that you are subject to your own logic, then your logic must not allow you free choice.

So there is no free choice when it comes to your logic?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

a·the·ism
ˈāTHēˌizəm/Submit
noun

If you were trying to be fair you would acknowledge that a lack of belief is not equivocated with choosing not to believe.

Do you lack belief that purple frolicking unicorns in Saturns rings rule the universe or do you chose to believe they don't?

Apologies if you hold a belief they do.

Hey, I don't know if they do or not. Everything is possible, you know this is a scientific axiom. All things are possible even if they are not probable.

But, a winged horse does fly across the heavens...

Pegasus

There are purple stars, there are unicorns

Everything is possible, even if it is not probable.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I didn't ask if it was possible. I didn't ask if you were agnostic or gnostic about it.

I asked if you lack belief that purple frolicking unicorns in Saturns rings rule the universe or if you chose to believe there are no purple frolicking unicorns in Saturns rings ruling the universe.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Belief is NOT a choice.

Belief is a confidence in something. I have no confidence in Bible stories.

When I was a little child I believed in fairy tales, magical trees and magical gods. When my mind was mature enough to compare reality with wishes and fantasies, my perspectives shifted.

There is no choice when it comes to what makes sense in one's one mind. I can't force myself to believe in something that makes no sense to me, or to believe something that goes against what my inner moral compass rejects as immoral and wrong.
edit on 1-2-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I was once a christian,then I began to think.

Your evil,perverted god is the creator of suffering.

Turn away from him and know true peace.

I do believe Yeshua was a blessed one who knew the source. But I do not need any confusion from Paul to guide me.
I do believe Rumi was a blessed one who knew the source. But I do not need any confusion from the Quran that was decided by Uthman not by Muhammad to see the path. I cannot know what Muhammad really taught since there is no real reliable source from my point of view.
I believe Nanak and Siddhārtha Gautama knew what they where talking about.

Just because religions are confusing do not mean I can't look beneath at the spiritual meaning. Jehovah=The existing ONE. Funny how the Jewish point at the exact same place as the eastern philosophy once you go into mysticism. In the end it all point back at source.

edit on 1-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join