It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheists Invading Christianity To Destroy People's Faith From Within?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Why am i getting such weak responses?

Ditto!

Satans role in the temptation was the begining of his sin and all our curse.

Nothing evil in the Garden of Eden as far as Satan goes.

In fact that's not even Satan in the Garden of Eden..

Satan gave us false knowledge that is responsible for the tools of war and descruction.

Did he really? Where does it say that? Show me please? Let's say for a moment he did though.. who picked up that ball and rolled with it? Maybe.. God? When ordering the genocides to clear out the promised land for his chosen people?

edit on 1-31-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Yes. I suppose technically that would count. But as you say he had God's permission. Seems Satan is often God's scapegoat.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker

You may not like or agree with historical behavior, but as a Christian, you are only obligated to strive for accuracy and Truth of historical events, like what the Bible records. No one would casually ask you to defend an ancient war. So why do the Atheists expect you to defend historical incidents in the Bible?

OK, where's the contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence) proving that Jesus actually lived? Where's the contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence) proving that he was crucified and rose from the dead? Where's the contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence) proving that Moses and Abraham actually lived?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

The Atheists have gone stealthy now, starting websites and masked-discussions at sites like ATS. The headline seldom matches their OP, which is really a thinly disguised rant against the Bible and Christianity.

Their favorite tactics are to take all the contradictions in the Bible (which was written by many authors over many decades), or laboriously point out all the murders, and try to trick you into defending God, Jesus, and the Bible.

If you take part in one of these stealth-atheist discussions, they will try and string you along with increasingly non-sensical responses tied to your "hot button issues" you've mentioned previously. Then your argument could end up as fodder for these stealth-atheist websites on the Internet

rarebible.wordpress.com...
RARE BIBLE: GOD ORDERS SAUL TO KILL BABIES

www.thegodmurders.com...
THE GOD MURDERS - INDEX
Check the left sidebar: "How Christianity Operates," "FASCISM," "Genes, God, Ego".

biblehub.com...
RANT OVER 1 SAMUEL 15:3
"Now go ... put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys."

www.gotquestions.org...
DOES GOD KILLING PEOPLE MAKE HIM A MURDERER?

skepticsannotatedbible.com...
THE SKEPTICS ANNOTATED BIBLE

If you want to engage these stealth-atheists, that's your choice. But realize who/what you are dealing with. And if they try to make you doubt your Faith and Beliefs, and become tongue-tied for answers, just remember: The Bible is primarily a Historical Chronicle of the many people who helped build/shape Christianity.

You may not like or agree with historical behavior, but as a Christian, you are only obligated to strive for accuracy and Truth of historical events, like what the Bible records. No one would casually ask you to defend an ancient war. So why do the Atheists expect you to defend historical incidents in the Bible?

washingtonexaminer.com...
SCHOLAR RESEARCHES BIBLE, FINDS IT 99% HISTORICALLY ACCURATE

As with any historical document, don't feel compelled to defend barbarous acts written down as history. God and Jesus didn't write the Bible. It was written by many flawed, mortal men who undoubtedly added their own emotions and shades of their prejudices to historical accounts. Objective journalism hadn't been invented yet.

Point out that the Bible is also an important Behavior/Moral Code, and that it NEVER preaches murder as an acceptable behavior. Quite the opposite. Christians primarily read the Bible for its Behavior/Moral Code. The Atheists read it looking for inflammatory historical passages - and then try to shake your Faith and Beliefs by ranting on one "historically recorded" incident.

No, it isn't "atheists" trying to stealthily destroy Christianity.

First, all of those examples of counterpoints to christianity are valid. If a Christian doesn't have rationale answers to them, then they don't know their faith well. Most Christians don't, and hence get tongue-tied.

Second, the reason we bring up such counterpoints as God ordering the Israelites to commit genocide or textual contradictions is to show how problematic much of the Biblical teachings are, one, and two how the Christian claim that the Bible is the "inerrant" word of God is incorrect.

Also, most of us probably aren't even atheists. The world is not composed of two groups: atheists and Christians.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Atheist spokesman Stephen Fry, who is 56 married to a 27 year old man

Just keep blaming everything on G-d Stephen it's all his fault peoples actions and ways have nothing to do with any of it

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

The Atheists have gone stealthy now, starting websites and masked-discussions at sites like ATS. The headline seldom matches their OP, which is really a thinly disguised rant against the Bible and Christianity.

Their favorite tactics are to take all the contradictions in the Bible (which was written by many authors over many decades), or laboriously point out all the murders, and try to trick you into defending God, Jesus, and the Bible.

If you take part in one of these stealth-atheist discussions, they will try and string you along with increasingly non-sensical responses tied to your "hot button issues" you've mentioned previously. Then your argument could end up as fodder for these stealth-atheist websites on the Internet

rarebible.wordpress.com...
RARE BIBLE: GOD ORDERS SAUL TO KILL BABIES

www.thegodmurders.com...
THE GOD MURDERS - INDEX
Check the left sidebar: "How Christianity Operates," "FASCISM," "Genes, God, Ego".

biblehub.com...
RANT OVER 1 SAMUEL 15:3
"Now go ... put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys."

www.gotquestions.org...
DOES GOD KILLING PEOPLE MAKE HIM A MURDERER?

skepticsannotatedbible.com...
THE SKEPTICS ANNOTATED BIBLE

If you want to engage these stealth-atheists, that's your choice. But realize who/what you are dealing with. And if they try to make you doubt your Faith and Beliefs, and become tongue-tied for answers, just remember: The Bible is primarily a Historical Chronicle of the many people who helped build/shape Christianity.

washingtonexaminer.com...
SCHOLAR RESEARCHES BIBLE, FINDS IT 99% HISTORICALLY ACCURATE

As with any historical document, don't feel compelled to defend barbarous acts written down as history. God and Jesus didn't write the Bible. It was written by many flawed, mortal men who undoubtedly added their own emotions and shades of their prejudices to historical accounts. Objective journalism hadn't been invented yet.

Point out that the Bible is also an important Behavior/Moral Code, and that it NEVER preaches murder as an acceptable behavior. Quite the opposite. Christians primarily read the Bible for its Behavior/Moral Code. The Atheists read it looking for inflammatory historical passages - and then try to shake your Faith and Beliefs by ranting on one "historically recorded" incident.

Also, you say Christians read the Bible for a moral code.

Well, the Old Testament legitimizes genocide on non-Jewish people, and Christians to this day defend that.

If the ancient Hebrews are allowed to be the chosen people and clean out a land of unclean and substandard Canaanites, why don't the Nazis get to do that to Jews? Same logic.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Most Atheists are just as obnoxious, mainly since most are sexual predators

In your original post didn't you say something about...

The headline seldom matches their OP, which is really a thinly disguised rant against the Bible and Christianity.

It's my observance that your headline: "Are Atheists Invading Christianity To Destroy People's Faith From Within?" has very little to do with what is a VERY thinly-veiled rant against atheism.

Can you say, "projection"??? You must be a "stealth-Christian" of some sort.

"Stealthy"... Wooo!

Wonder if the poster also writes hate mail to
Richard Dawkins.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

ATS is open for anyone to comment on, so there can be no infiltration if it is open and accessible to everyone.

As per the OP, faith resides in the individual.

I think that if you don't like a Christian exercising their right to comment on an open thread, then ask the owner to modify it and not allow any religious forums at all.

But let me give you an example, there is a thread entitled "Origins and Creation", in which people who do hold to Creation are allowed to comment within, but on that thread, Creationists are attacked, on the very thread for them. So why allow that to happen?

ATS is open and free to comment on whatever you want, there is no infiltration on ATS by Christians. We simply have a forum that allows us to speak. I think it is fair.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
If you're going to bring your faith out into the wilds, then you're going to get it attacked, even savaged. You better come prepared for that or don't come at all. You think ATS is hostile to Christians? My husband will go willingly into atheist places and engage with them in conversation. At least here you will have some allies. In those places he has none, but he doesn't expect any.

And you don't go in expecting that your brilliance and your obvious faith are going to wow people and suddenly win souls. That doesn't happen, either. You simply speak your piece. They can take or not just as I do their opinions.

See, the thing is that all any of us in this forum really have is faith. None of us can actually prove much of anything concrete or definite one way or the other. So you're walking an uphill walk if you think you will persuade anyone who differs with you. Just keep stating what you believe. It's the voice in the wilderness, and you never can know what you may or may not achieve at the end of the day.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Grimpachi

Because at first glance, the NAME of those sites appears to be religious: Bible Hub or Rare Bible. These names were obviously chosen to lure in Christians - then smack them with Atheistic interpretations.

I've seen the same thing happen in this forum, with a headline that sounds religious. But when you start reading, it's the same old ranting Atheists.

I just wanted to warn people, that's all.

Warn people not to click on sites with a religious-sounding name? Sure OK that works I guess.

I do find it highly ironic that you would complain about misleading thread headlines while posting a thread with a misleading thread headline.

With a title like "Are Atheists Invading Christianity To Destroy People's Faith From Within?" I expected to see examples of Atheists joining Christian Churches becoming pastors in a diabolical plan to mislead and shake people faith. I was sorely disappointed after reading the OP to discover it was simply a rant against atheism and atheists.

Oh well. Have fun with that and carry on.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

Some (not all) Atheists and Christians love debate and thrive on arguing semantics....sometimes it's the thrill of the discussion, but more often than not it's just repetitive and aggressive boredom and insecurity with the younger set.

Some younger ones might jump on the hostile bandwagon because it helps them feel superior and satisfies a deep rooted inferiority complex at some level. They enjoy tearing down others for various reasons. Sometimes it proves fruitful and other times it doesn't.

The majority of the time it's nonconstructive, at least in instances I tend to get caught up in. I just abstain and walk away. The hypocrisy of them screaming "stop shoving religion down my throat" and then proceeding to launch their own perspective at me with hate and disdain when I've only mentioned that I am a person of faith is absolutely saddening. A sad day for the human race, indeed when it's come down to that.

Sometimes it's easiest just to Occam's Razor the whole New Testament for them:

"Don't be an asshole, be nice when you can, we're all in this together."

Sadly, there remains a breed of self-professed (insert whatever term you wish here, as it can easily apply to both sides of the debate) that still can't grasp that concept.

Never understood how that simple premise of not being a self-interested bastard fails to catch on with some sorts.

It is what it is, I guess.
So it goes.

edit on 1/31/15 by GENERAL EYES because: clarity

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
a reply to: MKMoniker

Some (not all) Atheists and Christians love debate and thrive on arguing semantics....sometimes it's the thrill of the discussion, but more often than not it's just repetitive and aggressive boredom and insecurity with the younger set.

Some younger ones might jump on the hostile bandwagon because it helps them feel superior and satisfies a deep rooted inferiority complex at some level. They enjoy tearing down others for various reasons. Sometimes it proves fruitful and other times it doesn't.

The majority of the time it's nonconstructive, at least in instances I tend to get caught up in. I just abstain and walk away. The hypocrisy of them screaming "stop shoving religion down my throat" and then proceeding to launch their own perspective at me with hate and disdain when I've only mentioned that I am a person of faith is absolutely saddening. A sad day for the human race, indeed when it's come down to that.

Sometimes it's easiest just to Occam's Razor the whole New Testament for them:

"Don't be an asshole, be nice when you can, we're all in this together."

Sadly, there remains a breed of self-professed (insert whatever term you wish here, as it can easily apply to both sides of the debate) that still can't grasp that concept.

Never understood how that simple premise of not being a self-interested bastard fails to catch on with some sorts.

It is what it is, I guess.
So it goes.

You know, as Paul said, we are all members of one body and it occurred to me that if that is the case, then some people HAVE to be the stinky armpits or other various parts of the body.

I prefer to be the amygdala.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My husband will go willingly into atheist places and engage with them in conversation.

Where are atheist places? Serious question.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Yes. I suppose technically that would count. But as you say he had God's permission. Seems Satan is often God's scapegoat.

True.

I said he had god's permission. Actually, it would probably be more correct to say they were in collusion.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: ketsuko

My husband will go willingly into atheist places and engage with them in conversation.

Where are atheist places? Serious question.

There is an Atheist group that meets at Gators Bar and Grill on Tuesdays for trivia night.

If there are actual Atheist places I am interested in the answer as well.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Atheist boards and forums and discussion groups. He only started because he got tired of seeing all the willful mischaracterization of faith and the faithful that was going on. The shallow memes and so forth. He doesn't go there and tell them they're going to hell. He simply goes the tells them where they are quoting out of context or otherwise getting things not quite right.

After all, if they're going to criticize, you'd think they'd want their criticisms to be valid.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy
a reply to: jude11

ATS is open for anyone to comment on, so there can be no infiltration if it is open and accessible to everyone.

As per the OP, faith resides in the individual.

I think that if you don't like a Christian exercising their right to comment on an open thread, then ask the owner to modify it and not allow any religious forums at all.

But let me give you an example, there is a thread entitled "Origins and Creation", in which people who do hold to Creation are allowed to comment within, but on that thread, Creationists are attacked, on the very thread for them. So why allow that to happen?

ATS is open and free to comment on whatever you want, there is no infiltration on ATS by Christians. We simply have a forum that allows us to speak. I think it is fair.

Well, I guess religion truly belongs on a conspiracy site.

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

With a title like "Are Atheists Invading Christianity To Destroy People's Faith From Within?" I expected to see examples of Atheists joining Christian Churches becoming pastors in a diabolical plan to mislead and shake people faith.

Here ya go...

There are systemic features of contemporary Christianity that create an almost invisible class of non-believing clergy, ensnared in their ministries by a web of obligations, constraints, comforts, and community. Exemplars from five Protestant denominations, Southern Baptist, United Church of Christ, Presbyterian, Methodist and Church of Christ, were found and confidentially interviewed at length about their lives, religious education and indoctrination, aspirations, problems and ways of coping.

Preachers who are not believers

Ok. Maybe not exactly what you were thinking, but it is an interesting read. I did a thread on it a few years ago.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

HAH not quite as scandalous as I was thinking but star for that.

I did a thread on the clergy Project some time back as well.

Clergy who’ve lost their faith due to patriarchy

I think it would suck to have dedicated your life to a religion then after examining that religion come to the conclusion it was unbelievable but still be stuck in the religion as a clergy.

Talk about being between a rock and a hard place.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Where are atheist places?

A most pertinent quetion indeed.
I to can't help but wonder.
Where in the hell do atheists belong?
Windword if you don't start a thread on that one?
i will.
edit on Rpm13115v352015u36 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join