It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does a Walker- Carson ticket sound?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
OK. It's way too early to call this in any form. However, Romney's departure from running for President opens interesting possibilities.

The general consensus is this move is some pre-calculated effort to ensure Jeb Bush's nomination for President. An irritating thought and perhaps true.

Yet, in Romney's statement he referred to allowing the 'next generation' of leaders who hadn't yet promoted nationally, to have their opportunity to establish themselves and perhaps have an even better chance at winning the Presidency.

That isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for Bush.

Looking at this in a positive light, there is one less 'establishment' candidate and that means more exposure for the Paul, Carson, Walker crowd. Like it or not, fair or not, the Romney and Bush efforts imply same old, same old, both within the party and amongst the general public.

I know the skeptic feel it's all pre-arranged. Yet, Reagan certainly wasn't an establishment choice and he made it. Soo it's not an impossibility that that could occur again.

The key is exposure and discussion of the new guys....

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Reagan was elected before there was a neocon corporate Oligarchy.

The New politics is ruled by big money from the militray/industrial complex, and not ideology. Just like Pres. Eisenhower warned us about.
I know that the electorate is scared ****less of this but deep down they know it's a fact.

www.history.com...

I'm all for the new guys expressing their beliefs, dreams and hopes for a new America. I just think it's to late. The system is broken and just like humpty dumpty....never to be put back together again....
edit on 31-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Walker-Carson sounds much better than any ticket that has Christie, Bush or Romney. I still woudln't vote for it, but if we get stuck with a (R) or a (D) in the Oval Office, I'd rather it be Walker-Carson (or Walker and Paul.) then those others.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I wouldn't mind seeing Carson as the front runner for the GOP but walker

edit on 31-1-2015 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I more or less agree with your views on the state of affairs.

The only point I depart from is the Military-Industrial complex, big money explanation.

At the time of Eisenhower's statement, the percentile of the GDP spent on the military was around 10-11%. Up until 9/11, it was around 4%. ( I'm not up the current percentile.)

Are they factors? Of course!

While it's probably 'too late', any revitalization of ideals slows the downfall and educates those that survive the upheaval are more able to increase the chance of some form of re-bound/re-establishing of those ideals....

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I more or less agree with your views on the state of affairs.

The only point I depart from is the Military-Industrial complex, big money explanation.

At the time of Eisenhower's statement, the percentile of the GDP spent on the military was around 10-11%. Up until 9/11, it was around 4%. ( I'm not up the current percentile.)

Are they factors? Of course!

Defense....21% That's low ball!! And with all the private contractors being listed as other than defense, I think you can see the real power....it's the guys with the money and guns. Corruption, kickbacks, campaign contributions, cushy board of directors jobs when the politics ends. please.... and don't forget the black ops where there is absolutely no accounting.

and who is really connected to the above? We both know who it is don't we?

www.usgovernmentspending.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'd go for that ticket.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12 Where did you get that number? I'd like to check it out.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I like the Perry - Carson team myself.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12 Where did you get that number? I'd like to check it out.

www.usgovernmentspending.com...

and look at the projected defense spending for 2015.....see what I mean?

www.nationalpriorities.org...

now tell me...who pulls the strings?

Do my statements about the oligarchy make a little more sense now?

So now we are faced with an even bigger question....where will this trend lead us? More war? Peace? constant conflict world wide?

God I'm glad I don't have kids...

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The 22% you refer to is the percentile of the Federal budget.

The percentile I referred to was of the GDP, not the budget.

Per the same source, 2011 was 25%. An quick on line check showed about 20% in the year 2011...

I'm fairly pro-military, guess we need to increase the overall GDP...

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Or just decrease overall government spending ... across the board ...

Madness!

I'd like to see Walker on the ticket, but he's not the only one I'm watching.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Trouble is were spending about 600 Billion more than we bring in. That means fake/printed money.

Cut that money and this house of cards collapses. The Dems almost proudly proclaim that. The republican establishment knows it as well...didn't see a 'balanced budget' issues in the last election did we....(well not nationally, a few on the right locally.)

Hell, I'm no expert, but my thinking is we need to get the "real" economy going and FAST. then cut the spending to the degree we replace the 'fake' money with the 'real' money- slightly less fake money, LMAO.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

P.S. Having said that, issues aren't the 'issue' on this thread, per say. It's track record, previous results and TRUST...perhaps slightly less distrust(?) of the potential candidates.

Rhetoric, alone, is insufficient. We don't have the time, unless I miss my guess, to fully vet the candidates and suffer a learning curve of the newbie.

I lean to Walker, first..so far.. due to having been battle tested and has the guts and persistence to stick it out and win.

I do like Carson and place him in a close second, hence my initial VP choice. All this could change, of course.

The so-called electability factor is over-rated, IMO. If for no other reason than how the economy and over-all world situation is. A thoroughly scared or pissed off general public could easily trump current comfort zones.

This make any sense?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Walker? Wow.

I don't back any of the republicrats, but Walker?

Anyone who supports Walker is either not from Wisconsin and/or is drinking a lot of red Kool-Aid.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Hell, I'm no expert, but my thinking is we need to get the "real" economy going and FAST. then cut the spending to the degree we replace the 'fake' money with the 'real' money- slightly less fake money, LMAO.

The "real" economy? Like making burgers and happy meals?

We used to make stuff in this country!

www.manufacturingnews.com...

The mainstay of the "real" economy, manufacturing, was shipped overseas to increase profit for the corporatists.

You reap what you sow!!
edit on 1-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Walker is a Koch tool and Carson sounds like a hard-core Christian Dominionist, so no thanks and no thanks again.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

A lot of those companies didn't have any other option. it was move or go down. Not all, but many. When faced with North American wages, EPA restrictions. Local, State and Federal taxes and fee...Disability, Social Security there was no way they could compete with Asian manufacturing.

Even though quality is suspect, I honestly admit I'd have bought the Asian/Chinese products over local due to the cost factor just for survival's sake.

We want manufacturing back? Try a 10% duty on imported manufactured goods. Increase it by 10% every six months to say 30%- exempt Canada and Mexico- and well get a booming economy inside a year or two.

Yep, I know it won't happen...but it's what I'd do..

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TycoonBarnaby

Oh really? The people of Wisconsin voted three times and kept him. In fact, most of the effort to get rid of him came from out of state.

I don't really care for cool-aide, but it sure beats the crap out of blue vinegar.....

edit on 1-2-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I think a Chuck Norris- (Walker Texas Ranger) Carson (Johnny) ticket would easily win.

One is the King of Late Night Comedy and the other is just, well, the King of the Universe.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join