It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts are killable? I think so.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
First of all, sorry for the bad grammar. English is not my main language but whatever. I shall remind you guys that everything I’m saying here’s a theory of mine.

In a discussion I had with friends of mine about the so famous history of Annabelle ( I believe is that how it’s written) they reminded me on the quantum theory of ghosts and other similar entities such as demons and whatever.

Whomever something doesn’t make sense. Everything in the universe is homogenous and it’s laws cannot be broken by nothing (unless you are a black hole or God, but that doesn’t apply here.) anyway, when ghosts are traveling in our universe (whatever they came from) they must obey our fundamental laws of physics.

Then I came to a conclusion. Everything In the universe can die. No exceptions, blackholes, stars, planets, matter. Sure, they don’t die the same way we do, but after sometime these objects just cease to “exist” either by loss of mass, collisions etc etc. Even one day even the universe will die, so it’s safe to assume that everything even ghosts, demons and angels can be killed, assuming they are not god-like and possess reality warping powers of course, which doesn’t make sense but whatever.

Sure there’s the theory that they are from another form universe where our laws don’t work and blah blah. Well, it’s true that there are somethings in the universe that doesn’t follow some laws like black holes themselves, but even black holes obey some laws, and you can't be at to two places at the same time, as the universe works as a "place" and not as a mirror as far as we are concerned.

What they are made of?

First of all, ghosts are not made out of energy. Energy is the ability of matter to do work. It’s not a “thing”. Whomever, if ghosts are moving objects around, can be seen in cameras, make footsteps and similar # it means that they are made of some sort of matter that generates kinetic energy and friction. In other words, they are physical beings and not astral magical entities.

They are also not made of dark matter. If they were, Earth would be an asteroid belt by now, as Dark Matter when enters in contact with matter generates energy in the scale of atomic bombs, ending in the destruction of booth kinds of matter. So therefore Ghosts would be “dead’ if they touched matter.

Well that makes some sense in a sort of way. If they were made of protons ghosts would be unable to move objects around and even make sound. At least if would make sense about them being able to go pass objects.

But electromagnetic fields can move at amazing speeds and carries dispersed electrons. It’s very possible that ghosts themselves are made out of normal atoms, but very feel and it would make sense that they can only be seen in locations with a lot of dust, electromagnetic fields attract dust a lot, making possible to see ghosts walking around (that would also explain why they look like a strange dust when seen.) Anyway, since electromagnetic fields can move an insane speeds, the ghost would be able to move at the other side of the house very quickly, much before the dust-mini cloud would have chance to disperse or follow it (thus explaining why they disappear randomly anywhere specially in front of walls.)

What makes you think they can be killed?

Well, for some reason ghosts generate electromagnetic fields. This is probably a consequence of the friction. Since they don’t have a body that absorbs heat and electric current (or body’s generate and absorb energy in form of electricity and heat). They are probably walking batteries generating random electromagnetic fields.

Also, if they are made of some sort of matter, there are some ways we can essentially kill “ghosts”. Whomever these shortcuts are either impossible to obtain with current technology or only governments can obtain.

So, how can I kill a ghost

1. The first method is to buy a bunch of degaussers, and install them across the house in order to the field to cover the entire area. These little guys will make impossible for electromagnetic fields from ghosts to be generated. In other words, no strange figures around, lights and television randomly shutting down and a lot of stuff will stop happening. If the ghost was smart enough, he would get out of the degausser radius before it’s too late. This would probably not kill the ghost, just make them powerless.

2. The second method is to generate a nuclear fusion. In other words, detonate a nuke. Yeah it’s expensive as #, but this will destroy the ghost body and magnetic field, thus “killing it”. The only problem is that the entity itself would need to be right next to the center of the explosion.

When detonated, the nuclear explosion causes every kind of matter in a very large radius to be “atomized” in other words, anything bounded with atoms alongsidethem become plasma and it’s launched into outer space. Electros protons and whatever will also be launched amazingly far before having the chance to find other forms of matter to bound. As matter the universe is destined to go into disorder, I really doubt the ghost will have some sort of special powers to get it’s every single tiny piece from it’s body back.

3. The third method would be the best workaround and could also be applied to angels, assuming they are made out of light, therefore photons. In other words, generating a singularity would suck everything into it. No matter what it is, even light. If the photons in the body of an angel are bond together to form some kind of a body, this is even better. A singularity would instantly break every bond of it’s body and suck into it, essentially “killing it” , well I would wish good luck from it trying to get out, since not even light can escape from a singularity. But I really doubt an angel would have a body after being sucked to inside a singularity. Even if they are alive in some sort of way, the most durable singularities could last for 1e76 years. Good luck waiting.

Why do you think that ghosts could not have their body’s back?

For the same reason that you can’t add any more kind of matter to your own body. You just can’t pick an extra arm and bond it to your molecular structure or put a finger back if you cut it out. If the body of ghosts work in the same way, this would be even way harder to do. Humans can at least use glue or something else to stick an extra arm to their own bodies.

Reminding again: This is a theory of mine, and therefore it doesn't mean that's it's true in any sort of way, just like any theory. It uses evidences and other propossed theorys to argue the possibility of a fact

Peace to everyone.
edit on 31-1-2015 by Frocharocha because: Stuff

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Fun discussion.

originally posted by: Frocharocha
when ghosts are traveling in our universe (whatever they came from) they must obey our fundamental laws of physics.

We don't fully understand our universe and we don't know all the laws of physics. We don't have all the information. There are layers of dimensions that may be interacting and we don't know about it so they could be following laws of the other dimension while it's interacting with this one. And there could be bleed over that causes the laws to fail.

Good discussion. I'm looking forward to the responses.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

Let me just say, you have my vote for coolest thread title so far in 2015. I think you are right. Ghostbusters? I'll get my proton pack!

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Hmmmm as in the Ghost Busters Proton Blasters?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Hmmmm as in the Ghost Busters Proton Blasters?

XD, don't forget the suit.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I am not trying to offend anyone but I do not think that ghosts are
dead people or has the shape of a human, because I believe more in the
theory that when you die, the star in between your eyebrows leaves
the body and your body decomposes. Ghosts may be beings from other
dimensions and they may be untouchable in this dimension.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It's just a theory I could be wrong

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Fun discussion.

originally posted by: Frocharocha
when ghosts are traveling in our universe (whatever they came from) they must obey our fundamental laws of physics.

We don't fully understand our universe and we don't know all the laws of physics. We don't have all the information. There are layers of dimensions that may be interacting and we don't know about it so they could be following laws of the other dimension while it's interacting with this one. And there could be bleed over that causes the laws to fail.

Good discussion. I'm looking forward to the responses.

Yeah, the ammount of knowlodge in just our universe is basically immensurable. If those layers exist will be jus ta question of time until we find about them, if we are alive by then

We do know that these laws can not be changed and are everywhere. What we do know about our existant laws is that we can either use them in our favor and manipulate them in many extents.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Ghosts may be beings from another dimension having a "out of body experience"
edit on 31-1-2015 by fedupkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
the fact that they are ghosts suggests the worst of their malice is behind them. i apply the cockroach philosophy: if it isnt an immediate and/or severe risk to my health, then i dont need to kill it.

thanks for the, erm, advice.
edit on 31-1-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think you have an amazing idea, and very plausible, and in theory..... could be true, but how can we test this theory?

I still think the stone tape theory has to be considered though,

Proposed in the 1970s as a possible explanation for ghosts. The Stone Tape Theory speculates that inanimate materials can absorb energy from living beings. In other words a ‘recording’ or track is laid down during moments of high tension, such as murder. This stored energy can consequently be released, resulting in a display of the recorded activity. The replay can take the form of a full manifestation or partial sounds such as voices or footsteps. Paranormal investigators commonly refer to such phenomena as residual hauntings. Ghosts are not spirits but non-interactive recordings similar to the registration capacities of an audiotape machine that can playback previously recorded events. While the theory may explain some ghostly sightings, no one knows what the recorded energy actually is. However, the possibility that it could be composed by our natural electric and magnetic fields is one of the explanations that the Stone Tape Theory advances.

For years paranormal investigators have spoken about the 'Stone tape theory' as an explanation for some types of apparition. Referred to as the recording apparition, such manifestations characteristically are seen to perform some action without reference or acknowledgement to either the witnesses or to their surroundings. A Figure moving through a wall where once a door stood, or climbing a long removed staircase are classic examples of such encounters.

Rather like a TV programme can be recorded onto a tape or DVD, events or emotions can be recorded into the very fabric of buildings or indeed the surrounding ground. The events are then played back at a later time causing the viewer to interpret the recorded impressions as an apparition.

this has intrigued me for years, and one day i plan on making a thread about the Stone Tape Theory, and my own experience,

S&F for you on your idea, it is definitely out there and sometimes thinking out the box, makes more sense....

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well, in a Religious format. The Devil can killed ghosts, the Reaper/Death can kill ghosts. The King of Hell from different religions can kill ghosts. So called Gods can kill ghosts. Some ghosts can dying from drowning, some can die by fire.

Video game myths: Magical stuff can kill ghosts. Ghost can kill ghost.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I've read stories about hauntings where if certain objects were removed (moldy old chairs in the attic or skeletons) or rearranged (granite stones around a fireplace or hearth), the apparitions would disappear. One theory would be that there is still some DNA traces of that person still present, and we are sensitive to pick that up. Another would be that the physical objects store a magnetic field recording of that person.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I don't agree with your theory,though interesting. If ghosts are made up of electrical/magnetic matter then they ARE made of energy. We do not know all the laws of physics yet,and I doubt if we ever will. Further more when you start factoring in other dimensions and how it interacts with our own,there is no telling what laws from one dimension supersedes another. Like I said,interesting,but I don't agree with what I know about energy. Energy can never be destroyed,it simply takes another form,therefore if ghosts are energy of ANY kind,they will not be destroyed,only changed.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
As to your theory... could be.

One thing that has bothered sometimes is a few experiences I've had where it seemed some invisible entity ...don't know if it was a ghost or not.. .was thwarted by a physical wall (with closed windows and doors). In other words, long story short, the thing was locked "outside" and seemed upset by it (knocking on walls, door).

If ghosts were truly intangible, that wouldn't matter.

We've all heard that ghosts can walk through walls, etc...but it's usually where a door used to be, though I'm sure there are exceptions... my dog used to follow something unseen that went through the wall, the dog would run (through a door) and meet it on the other side... dunno if there used to be a door there, or not, but...

So... some seem constrained by physicality... it it mental? As in believing in a wall makes it impassible for a ghost?

And I get how strange the above sounded to folks who've never encountered or considered paranormal happenings... sorry... heh
edit on 1/31/2015 by Baddogma because: clean up for clarity

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

I don't agree with your theory,though interesting. If ghosts are made up of electrical/magnetic matter then they ARE made of energy. We do not know all the laws of physics yet,and I doubt if we ever will. Further more when you start factoring in other dimensions and how it interacts with our own,there is no telling what laws from one dimension supersedes another. Like I said,interesting,but I don't agree with what I know about energy. Energy can never be destroyed,it simply takes another form,therefore if ghosts are energy of ANY kind,they will not be destroyed,only changed.

Sure, in theory matter itself could be made out of energy and energycannot be destroyed. But that just a theory. If prooven correct, it would mean that there would be 11 dimensions. It doesn't mean that those dimensions are universes, it would mean something similar to more extensions. Instead of just 4D movies, we would have 5D, 6D 7D etc. Currently space is divided in x,y and z. If there was another 11 dimensions of this, ghosts could be very well inabhiting one of those.

Anyway. there are reasons i cannot believe ghosts are made out of energy.

-Like i said, energy is not a physicall thing like matter. If ghosts were made purely of eletricity (watts) detecting their presence would be easy as # in a number of ways. And they could kill people by moving around.

-if they were made of eletricty our body would be receving it just like when we are hit by a lighting. Our hair would also be charhged and up.

-The laws of conservation of energy would make impossible for ghosts to be made out of energy. They would require matter to produce the work of energy. When producing energy in state to have something similar to a physical body you need a lot of fuel.

-If they were producing energy it would mean that the temperature of the local area would have a really high state of entralpy, since the work to produce energy increases the temperature. Ghosts do the exactly opossing. They cool down the temperature of the area.

edit on 1-2-2015 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Ghosts cool down the atmosphere as the theory goes because they are 'absorbing' the energy of a room. And many people do claim that their hair stands up when a ghost shows up,in fact before they even know of it.As far as killing people,understand I apologize for my ignorance of electricity, I am too afraid to mess with it, I always get knocked on my butt by it. But accordingly,you can take so many volts of it,yet are limited in how many amps or some such thing. My brother knows more about it than I do. He does all my electrical work. If they are of a lower 'voltage' or whatever,it may not be enough to hurt us. If you look at a prior post I did,I explained where I saw the 'ghost' of a dead lover that 'fell' out of my light fixture in my living room. It was just a small ball of energy,and came directly from the light fixture. They somehow are able to use that as a conduit to get around. Therefore I think they ARE energy,they need it,feed off of it,and use it to make it simpler to get around.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
smells like bad spirits. lol bohahahahaha

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If ghosts were quantum in nature, then they theoretically could be in more that one place at one time. That would make them pretty hard to kill, if someone desired to do such a thing.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Interesting on the nuke idea. I need to do some research but I wonder how haunted Hiroshima or Nagasaki is.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join