It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianities Strange Alliance

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

"

While Buddhists have been pursecuted, I've yet to hear one 'whine' about it. The very premise of Buddhism, first of the four Noble Truths, is that ALL LIFE IS SUFFERING. In fact, Buddhists attempt to be grateful to their oppressors for the opportunity they provide to learn patience and tolerance. Which brings to mind a teaching of Jesus from the gospels - something about 'turning the other cheek'. "

Yea, but many people in the world is too scared to pick up the Cross to follow Christ, they want Jesus's suffering through the Cross to be their own despite Jesus saying for others to pick up theirs to follow him.

So turn the other cheek, do good to them that hate you, and bless those that curse you don't seem to matter anymore to them .

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: randyvs

Here is one that has a quick summary.

Baal and Yahweh are the same god with a different name, lol try again!!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I think it would be better if this God everyone thinks they are chasing would either show itself, or stop messing with us.

Pretty obvious that all 3 of these religions and every other one on this earth really have no clue , and are nothing but control mechanisms for something that pretends to be a God.

Atheism is not right either, only actual truth of what is going on here will do.

And the religions were created to make sure that never comes out.

It stands to reason, that any Messiah that comes along, is not going to have any affiliations with any of these religions, or with any person at all.

But this Messiah sure as hell could get rid of those who have binded this place, that much we DO KNOW.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Baal and Yahweh are the same god with a different name, lol try again!!

Elijah showed the prophets of Ba'al in the OT that YHWH was the true God on Mt. Carmel. Your theory is easily refuted.

Elijah in Aramaic is "Eliyahu" meaning (My God is Yah)

1 Kings 18:16-45

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It's because Issac and Ishmael started feuding around 4500 years ago, that feud was passed on through the generations and centuries.
Christianity worshiped the same God as the Jews, they also respect their place as God's chosen people until about 36AD, and for some maybe 70AD. Islam has no reverence for the people that served the true God before Christianity supplanted them because they rejected the Messiah. And then there is the Hebrew scriptures which every bible has.

Also many faithful Jews are considered special by God, like Moses, Abraham, Daniel, even those that made mistakes like King David, had special convents made with God. Christianity also views these people with a lot of respect and examples to be followed.

edit on 3-2-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Isn't Allah just a different name for the Christian god? How else would the belief that Jesus is a prophet be required in Islam?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Isn't Allah just a different name for the Christian god? How else would the belief that Jesus is a prophet be required in Islam?

No. Jesus said satan is the father of lies, Islam says allah is "the greatest deceiver". Im more than 7 places in the Tenakh is says "God cannot lie". The God of the Bible says He magnifies His own Word above all His Name, in the Qur'an allah is capricious, he does whatever he wants to do, and isn't concerned with keeping a covenant.

edit on 3-2-2015 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Then why recognize anything from the Christian religion? Why acknowledge Jesus?

Seems to me it is all about the same god with different names and interpretations. The God of the Jews is nothing like the God of the Christians so it would make sense that Islams God would seem different as well.

All three of the faiths have major contradictions that doesn't bother Christians when it comes to Judaism most sects still claim it is the same God though there are some that say the opposite.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Seems to me it is all about the same god with different names and interpretations. The God of the Jews is nothing like the God of the Christians so it would make sense that Islams God would seem different as well.

Same God, His wrath was satisfied at Calvary. And the reason why satan mentioned Jesus is because he had 500 years to read Revelation and knew what would happen at the end of days. He switches the false prophet and antichrist from Revelation and made them the Mahdi and Issa for Islam. Same guys, script flipped 180.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Wait a minute, am I reading you correctly where you are saying Satin finally read revelation and switched hings up?

Where is satin in the OT?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Wait a minute, am I reading you correctly where you are saying Satin finally read revelation and switched hings up?

Where is satin in the OT?

I'm not exactly understanding your question. And Revelation is in the NT.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Keep in mind, back in times of yore, all three religions hated each other. Currently though, I think it has to do with the media telling everyone who to fear and the name of the game these days is Islam.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

While Buddhists have been pursecuted, I've yet to hear one 'whine' about it.

You haven't been paying much attention to political events in predominantly Buddhist countries, evidently. Buddhist majorities oppress minorities of other faiths in Burma, Sri Lanka, Tibet, Thailand and many other places. In my own country, I've watched Buddhist mobs torch Hindu neigbhourhoods with my own eyes. They also smash mosques and churches, and the heads of people who gather to defend them.

No religion is blameless. Fanaticism and hatred are universal and multiconfessional.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

originally posted by: cass1dy09
So moslems reject Jesus' divinity but agree he some how vanished and is going to return as messiah, but there's no divinity behind it at all? Last I checked only magicians can disappear and come back. Least jews have a legitimate reason not to accept him and not just because the koran says so

They teach he will return with the Mahdi. Their 12th Imam, or "Mahdi" is their messiah. Not Jesus.

Please go do some research before posting such nonsense.

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Islam says allah is "the greatest deceiver".

edit on 4-2-2015 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Please go do some research before posting such nonsense.

"But they (the Jews) were deceptive, and Allah was deceptive, for Allah is the greatest of deceivers! ~ S 3:54

"Are they then secure from Allah's deception? None deemeth himself secure from Allah's deception save folk that perish." ~ S 7:99

edit on 4-2-2015 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Keep in mind, back in times of yore, all three religions hated each other. Currently though, I think it has to do with the media telling everyone who to fear and the name of the game these days is Islam.

Oh, I am aware of the media pressures that divide us. I am genuinely interested in the root causes of the divide.

I knew there would be some differing opinions, but I thought there would be many rallying behind a few. I didn't expect that nearly everyone would think it was something different. IMO most are not certain why they should dislike the other group. This turned out to be like a social experiment.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Maybe that's because those of us replying don't hate the other two groups?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Are you saying the only ones that have clear answers are those that hate the other groups?

I have always believed that hatred clouds reasoning.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Well if you want to know where the root of the hatred lies, then maybe you should ask someone who feels that emotion.

And it could also be that there is no rational reason for it. I'm not sure why anyone should hate anyone for following a different religion, but then I have felt what I consider to be true hatred once in my life for a very short time. It was the single ugliest emotion I have ever felt, and I cannot conceive of living my life with that emotion as my constant companion. It would exhaust me in no time.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think you misunderstood the intent or questions in my OP.

I am haveing a hard time understanding why the alliances between the Abrahamic faiths are the way they are.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join