It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianities Strange Alliance

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

If you stick to the gospels, Jesus sounds more like a Buddhist then a Jew, Christian or Muslim.

If alliances were based on 'way of life', I think Jesus was more Buddhist then Jewish. Some stories about him posit that he studied in the 'East' where Buddhism was rapidly gaining a following at the time.

Jesus' behavoir, if the gospels are to be believed, was much more Buddhist in nature then Jewish.

edit on 31-1-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
As Muslims we reject the divinity of Jesus...

We do believe he will return as the Messiah...

But divinity is solely with Allah...

The reason Christians side with Jews & reject Muhammad as a Prophet is because he taught, as many believe, even non Christians...
That Jesus was not the Son of God...
For Allah has no need for a Son...

Rejection of this notion by Christians keeps them as a Christian...
If they were to accept the Prophethood of Muhammad, they would no longer be a Christian...

For that reason they will always be closer to Judaism than Islam.

Edit: Add to the fact that us Muslims reject that Jesus was crucified & risen again... We believe he escaped...
There really is no connection to Islam & Christianity besides the Prophets before Muhammad...

edit on 31-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

That is easy.

Jews and Christian worship the same god, Elohim, YHWH.

Christians understand that the Jews did not accept Jesus as of yet and will not until the End Times.

Muslims do not worship the same god as Jews and Christians.

“Allah” being worshipped as a deity can be found in the Epic of Atrahasis chiseled on several tablets dating to around 1700 BC and was not found in Arabian records, but in Babylonian, this deity was described nearly four millennia ago to be a god of “violence and revolution”.

So there you have a not so trivial at all answer. And the one I gave
that covers the the lesser trivial.
edit on Rpm13115v43201500000014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

In short the title is reference to their role to the rest of the world. (i.e. through them mankind is brought back to a good relationship with God after the fall of man in the garden.)
I will TRY to make this simple as I can, as it is pretty layered.

1.) The Jews (Through Abraham) are chosen to be a nation and given Gods Laws after the Tower of Babel incident, they are given the title Gods Chosen People.

2.) Gods laws are put down to show people what is Good and what is Evil, so that their can be no confusion as to how we should behave. (This will be important later in the Christian Belief)

3.) God knowing that Israel will mess up quite a bit in this pursuit of Righteousness (After all how can they not they are still human) will use Israel to show the nature of Gods relationship to man. When Israel obeys God's law they are blessed, when they disobey they are not blessed.

Fast Forward to Christ

1.) Christ (A Jew) comes teaching that the truth of Gods law of Righteousness is waaaaay more difficult than what was given on the tablets, and that the written law was only given to man to demonstrate this.

2.) Christ goes on to teach that, as a matter of fact the real law of God is so much more out of mans reach as to even THINK lustful thoughts is akin to Adultery in the eyes of God, and that to hate someone is EXACTLY the same thing as Murder in Gods eyes.

Why? Because God looks at the heart and the nature of man.

2.) Christ Teaches that because man is corrupt we really have no chance of not disobeying Gods laws under our own power.

3.) This begins the doctrine of grace which is basically, God forgives us of messing up because he loves us, and knows that if he did not just outright forgive us and make a way of propitiation for our screw ups then we would all have to deal with Gods Punishments for our transgressions.
Why? Because God is not just a God of Love and Forgiveness but is also a God of Justice. (Hence why Christ has to be a propitiation of mankind's transgressions.)

What does this have to Do with Israel being Gods Chosen people?
Well God "Chose" them to demonstrate to man both his love and his judgement for those who chose to do evil.
He also "Chose" them to be the people to whom God has given his moral laws.
And finally he Chose them to be the means by which Christ is brought into the world. (i.e. Christ being a Jew)

I hope that helps on some level, I did not cover all of it as that would take a long long long time.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That is a very interesting thread with some great information though I didn't see the answer to my question there I still S&F it.

That thread is a part of that person's sig. Happens to me all the time too. The dividing line is too faint/nonexistent...

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Foolish lies...

Jesus is all throughout the Quran with a whole chapter dedicated to Mary...

You're a liar & I think the Admin, Owners & Mods should keep a close eye on you whenever something to do with Islam leaves your digital mouth!

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
BTW

I could've said, because Christians and Jews throughout history
have died for what they believe. While all thru history others have died
for what muslims believe.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

True, but I think it more or less who to revere more in their fueds or gossip. Ever tried to mix Jesus and Mohammed to a hardcore Muslum in a conversation about it?

They'd usually try to keep them separate from each other, where as Jesus would of been considered a messenger, or a powerful prophet. But will usually, revere Mohammed more so and keep them separate in their ideology, where as Mohammed is on a higher branch of the tree.

Much like how Christians(I think so anyway, not 110%) revere Moses, and Elijah, whom are important idolized figures in Judaism, but will place Jesus above them.

The main problem with Christianity, is that Jesus can't be deemed "Human" at all, much like a North Korean Dictator who can't poo cause he is Divine.

And that he is God, but to the Jews and Muslims, he is a powerful prophet, even though I don't think Jesus reveled with prophecies or visions.

It like Jesus being married, Christians would be crapping their pants if he had a penis and used it on Madalene.

Like, serisouly, lol.

edit on 31-1-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

Also, how Jesus becomes God, would explain why the Jews would consider him a false one. Since originally, the Hebrew God was nameless and faceless. In the story of Moses, God was just referred to as the "God of Abraham", "The Hebrew God", or a one or two more title if I remembered them.
edit on 31-1-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Here is one that has a quick summary.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
BTW

I could've said, because Christians and Jews throughout history
have died for what they believe. While all thru history others have died
for what muslims believe.

Very disingenuous response...

Muslims have been killed for what they believe in...

You may have missed the past decade and a half...

Also....
Christianity has killed more people who are "different" than any other Religion...

But you may have missed the Inquisitions, Crusades & the rise of the Catholic Empire in your bubble.

But then the persecution complex is rife in your faith... So it's hardly a surprising falsehood!

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Thank you, and I wish I could give you more stars. I think as you said it is the old wounds such as you listed that have created the current paradigm. Theological differences didn't seem to be the greatest divider to me but the past conflicts make much more sense.

It seems to me know just judging by this thread that most people do not know that history which is kind of ironic. History seems to be full of conflict between the religions if you look back there were many conflicts between Judaism and Christianity before Islam came along. As you pointed out Islam is a young religion compared to the others but I am hopeful that they will advance faster than Christianity did with tolerance. Christianity had a history of killing the non-believers as well for a while, but for the most part it has grown beyond that and civilized. Even as lte as 1700 Christianity was sparking conflict in Asia so considering Islam is only 1300 years old there is hope the religion will catch up to the rest in civility soon.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

It like Jesus being married, Christians would be crapping their pants if he had a penis and used it on Madalene.

And that's a perfect demonstration of the difference
between the penile mind of man. And Jesus Christ.

LOL

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

To be fair I have yet to see any group on this planet who does not have a persecution complex.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That vid I thank you for Lurker, has just gone up on my facebook.
Good one

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Need I say more?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Thank you everyone so far for your replies. I thought I had it sorted for a minute but now with so many differing opinions I am not sure again. Maybe the answer lay in between all of them.

Charlie when I said divine that didn't refer to being the son of God but being touched by God. I may have phrased it wrongly, but I considered anyone who had a strong connection to God as divine which would include prophets.

Apologies if that misled I just can't think of a better description.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

I agree... Fully!

But bare in mind I said "rife within"...

I've yet to see a group in my lifetime with such a prevalant trait...
Nor one who claims the moral high ground quite so much while oblivious ignorant to the History of the Church.

I'm all about forgive & forget, but that's with the honest...

Not the holier-than-thou!

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Punisher75

To be fair I have yet to see any group on this planet who does not have a persecution complex.

While Buddhists have been pursecuted, I've yet to hear one 'whine' about it. The very premise of Buddhism, first of the four Noble Truths, is that ALL LIFE IS SUFFERING. In fact, Buddhists attempt to be grateful to their oppressors for the opportunity they provide to learn patience and tolerance.

Which brings to mind a teaching of Jesus from the gospels - something about 'turning the other cheek'.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Need I say more?

No you needn't say more...

Sharing a falsified video is all you needed to say!

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

That's my signature sorry. Maybe I should put some space between it and the bottom of my posts to avoid confusion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join