It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there still Hope?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
It's disheartening to see so many people blindly accepting what authoritative bodies tell them to. I am not saying one should be sceptical about everything they hear from authoritative bodies, but surely some critical thinking could be better utilised more often than is currently the case. Government, Police, Religion, Science, Media etc. all have agendas that rely heavily on fear and control in order to achieve conformity and eliminate deviance and independent thought.

Let me guess: I am telling you something you already know? How about I stop sitting down and typing behind a computer, get up and actually do something to change things? But that is one of my chief concerns: can anything I do realistically effect permanent positive change from others?

How exactly does one go about trying to encourage others to utilise their critical thinking skills? "But why do I need to utilise my critical thinking skills?" and "it's just a waste of energy/time!" are among the more popular rebuttals. As if authoritative bodies would ever lie or deceive the public to further their own interests and provide more power and wealth for their owners.

My question is this: for those of us who feel that something about the functioning of life on this planet is not quite right, is there hope that more people will awaken from their slumbers and start to think more critically about their own lives and significant global events?

Or should I just calm down, realise that both randomness and coincidences are rather common and everything is fine with the world in which we live?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

In my personal opinion, this world is turning into a cesspit.

There is a very clean "outer shell" or facade, the bright and shiny commercial world full of hopes for equality and scientific progress, however, beneath the surface, sex and drugs rule the west.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

What exactly do you stand for? Anti-establishment just because?

I think you should take a good long look at what your values are and then get on a soap box or behind a soup line counter like everyone else who feels compelled to help others...

But you need to do what is right, not what is "not right"/establishment. that is, don't let what is not right about the world guide you, don't let fear or hate guide you, let what you think is right and love guide you.

That's all I got.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Do you see the majority running around raping and murdering others? I don't. I see moms walking their kids to school in the toxic rain and people doing all they can to keep their families safe. Don't think the majority are hopeless in the least, but very much Love in their core and Loved. And this is their tests and they're moving up.
edit on 31-1-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

There are many people in our world that do use critical thinking, who think for themselves and have learned to counteract all the socialization propaganda from media, etc. ATS is a good example. So many people here with a mind of their own and that is bliss to my eyes and that is why I come here for this breath of fresh air.

I was just reading today on the BBC website an article discussing chips implanted under the skin of hands. I will not bother linking to the article because it is yet another repetitive socialization module to lead the masses down the path of happily accepting this one day soon in the future.

For me this chip idea is disgusting. It is turning human beings into consumer units with a bar code just like any other grocery product. It stinks and repulses me because I see the human race turning into convenient consumer grocery products to make the finance system even more cost effective and streamlined, to have full monitoring and surveillance capabilities that will have every aspect of our lives accessible digitally to the power entities.

You are so right to raise concerns. I see little hope for the future in terms of my own sensibilities.

Rallying, uniting, organising people who want to counteract the way we are being led is more difficult than ever. Such organisers, if they have any real threat potential toward the plans of the power entities, will be quickly sabotaged. We cannot make plans without them being monitored. Even if we avoid modern communication there is the Judas weakness always present in human organisations. Spies can be sent in to infiltrate organisations.

All the people who have tried to change things either end up dead, ridiculed or sold out.

What a bleak view I have. Yet I believe this to be realistic.

On top of all this it seems we are being segregated into gangs of religion, gender, sexuality, social status, etc, very ruthlessly and systematically via manipulation by media. Welcome to "Gangs of Planet Earth" and all the turf wars that will go with that.

I am now 100% convinced there is an agenda that will end in tears for the human race and the potential to have quality and happy lives.
edit on 31-1-2015 by lonesomerimbaud because: extra bit.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
If your not dead there is hope...

Only accepting slavery or death ends hope.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I've heard that question time and time again and my answer is always : No. There is nothing to be done.
TPTB have their plans firmly in place and nothing but all out revolt will change that. Unless/Until the people literally rise up against them and say "No More" things will go on pretty much the way they want it to. Till then, the only thing you can do is protect your own Freedom and way of life the best you can.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
It is websites like this, and people like you, that have and are already making a difference. Yes, the change is slow and gradual, but it is there. However minute it may be. This is a big world, with lots of people on it, who have been lulled into a false sense of security and trust. It will take time to get them to realize that, and "question everything", no matter who says it. Harriet Tubman once said...
"I freed a thousand slaves. I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Our job is not to tell people what to think(not that you are), but just to get them to think.

edit on 1/31/2015 by Klassified because: punct

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I would just like to offer this possible future scenario.

The chip implant is legislated in. Many millions of people, possibly billions, will not accept it. Those people will firstly lose the ability to buy and sell like the rest of the population. They will not have access to the society they live in and its resources. They will quickly become impoverished and socially weak (as I already am for being a non conformist). Health, education, will mean that they will not be as bright or as healthy. Eventually they will band together and attempt to form their own networks economically. Then they will be deemed as terrorists. Then the drones will come in and deal with the terrorists and everyone will be happy about it.

Doesn't sound so far from Revelation does it? This is what I see happening in the future. I have actually given up on humanity because somehow I know this is all going to take place. Thank GOD I don't have children and too many people to care about personally to watch what is happening to them.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

If I may I would like to recommend the work of a researcher who has quite simply blown my mind as of late. I will do this at the end of my response.

We live in a time of unprecedented availability of information that is causing a major shift in consciousness. We are seeing this in evidence across the globe in the form of grass roots movements that are not being given any attention by the MSM. It goes against the narrative of fear, which robs us (those willing to tune in) of our true inherent sovereign power.

We have been ruled by dark occultists for millennia, who have an understanding of psychology/human consciousness that they have withheld while using mind control in its strictest definition against us. They have cultivated a division of our most basic nature the masculine/feminine and created a state of mind that has pitted left brain consciousness vs right brain consciousness resulting in our slavery.

In closing there has never been a time of more hope than now, as we unite our consciousness we shall see the return of the divine masculine and shall over come the dark occultists with our innate light!

This break down of natural law is where I recommend starting!

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

The reason they want us to live longer is so we will consme more and incurr more debt. We are like credit cards with souls, well some of us. The banks are behind it all, running the world. Micro chips in our bodies is their way of tagging us as their pets. Our current banking system has to go, but they wont go without the last war.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I realised a long time ago that the most important thing is that you free yourself from the matrix of lies.

One should do the best they can to show the way, but ultimately people will either see for themselves, or won't.

Is there hope for the world?

No not really. Is there hope for your spirit?

Yes.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boscov

The reason they want us to live longer is so we will consme more and incurr more debt. We are like credit cards with souls, well some of us. The banks are behind it all, running the world. Micro chips in our bodies is their way of tagging us as their pets. Our current banking system has to go, but they wont go without the last war.

I do 100% concur Dear Soul. I've already made my decision. When it comes to it I shall resist even unto death because that kind of life will not be worth living and witnessing for me.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
No one can change anyone else, that change can only come from within those people.

I say do what you can to make your little part of the world better, hopefully people will notice and follow suit. "Be the change you wish to see in the world", if enough people want the world to change then they will change themselves. If not, then that goes back to change coming from within each individual. Don't worry about it too much, at least you are doing your part.

link   
I think we can all agree that at some point in the near future, things are going to come to a head, and all hell will break loose. The question will be whether "TPTB" will be able to steer it, and use that to their benefit? Or will we see a major paradigm shift world-wide, the puppet masters(social engineers) aren't expecting?

link   
It is much easier for the general public to bury their heads in entertainment to escape reality, than it is to make sense of all the trouble in the world. Humans are creatures of habit and will almost always choose the path of least resistance. So rather than try to decipher all the lies, political nonsense, inflation, and a plethora of other world issues, it's pushed aside and ignored as if it will go away or correct itself.

It's too messy and complicated to figure it out. That's the way whoever, or whatever, wants it. Something will have to happen, a traumatic global event, that no one can ignore before there will again be hope.
edit on 1/31/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
There is nothing we can do. We may be able to fight personal battles and local battles, we might even win some of them. But the second we become a real actual threat to the elite, they will bring out their big guns.

I don't need to list all the evils the elite have done to keep and increase their power. This entire site is full of them. The fact is there is no hope because even combined we do not have enough power. The elite have every single resource and weapon known to man, many of which they created for the very purpose of keeping us down. All we have over them is numbers, but a nasty virus for example will deal with that easily.

So yeah things are utterly hopeless. All you can do is help alleviate the suffering of others.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
the world is too big and varied for 'control' on any scale.
since I live in the US I'll speak of same.
values begin at home and are (hopefully) reinforced at school and in media. imho the problem with the US today is lack of values, or perhaps wrong values. backintheday parents and grandparents and neighbors and teachers and the books and tv shows emphasized honesty, the work ethic, respect for elders, etc.
too many young parents today gaff off values childraising. the school system seems more intent on political indoctrination than individual morality (sex is okay, stealing from big evil stores is no big deal, but whatever you do don't be mean to a gay person!). media of course emphasizes all the wrong values.
lots of kids get things straight as they mature but we do seem stuck with a bunch of 20somethings out for a good time with no apparent higher functions.
ultimately we as individuals can only do what we can.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

When I first heard of the concept of a child soldier it got me on a thought process.
Children are molded into adults we see them as today, they are the easiest to influence, easiest to gain control over, and with the right guidance will grow up to be not only aware but to have a healthy amount of skepticism towards not only good authority, but especially bad.
If you really wanted to make a 'change' and not try to rally up a thousand people, it would start with your children, or others, putting positive and critical thinking processes in their heads, not filling it with garbage, or herding them into a funnel of certain biased and single minded lifestyles. Humans are extraordinary creatures, we have a knack to explore, learn and question, an imagination that can run wild, if it's abused then it's a waste.

As for adults, well people are always living by habit, we love to just 'accept' what is the 'norm'.
I think a good way to teach someone critical thinking is to throw them into an uncomfortable situation, get them to take a leap of faith into the unknown, that will bring out the problem solver in them

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
How else are we going to find out what the counter to the Main Scream is? If people didn't come here and say, hey I was there or heres this rebuttal…

we'd be back in the land before internet. I lived through that era. Trust me, you don't want to go back there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join