It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin, "Taliban are not terrorists." Taliban, "We are so, see!" "PEW! PEW! PEW!"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
In the last decade in Afghanistan, who were the terrorists... Really?

They were.

It's a matter of perspective I suppose. If we are to leave that godforsaken land, we must accept that the Taliban or some incarnation thereof will eventually return to power. They can't have legitimacy if they are terrorists, we can't negotiate with them.

Leave them to rot. Ignore them. Or surrender.

They have despite all efforts survived the war.

That's because they won.

Terrorists?

Absolutely, but what should they call us?

I don't care.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Some terrorists are not as bad as other terrorists???

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The Obama administration refuses to refer to the Taliban as “terrorists,” President Obama has said that “ISIL is not Islamic” and of course avoided the “I-word” when talking about “violent extremists” in his SOTU speech.

Editorial cartoonist for the Augusta Chronicle Rick McKee envisions Obama on Wheel of Fortune:

What Wheel of Fortune scenario would totally stump Obama? This editorial cartoonist nails it

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AzureSky
This is like the storyline to metal gear solid 4.

Not all contractors out there are innocent people just working. You go out there you accept the dangers. When i hear the word Contractor in relation to the middle east i think of private corporate armies/Hired goons. That's kind of a scary thought, corporate no-alliance armies ready to extend war until the bitter end whatever the cost.

The pay was good. I had a friend who's an electrician who told me it was great. He went there a few times. Finally his wife put a stop to it lol. He didn't carry a weapon. He did tell me there were off limit areas where you just don't go. You take your life in your own hands if you wander off.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I cannot seem to emphasise this point enough.

The Taliban have NEVER been a designated terrorist group according to the American establishment be it under Bush or Obama.

A large part of them being called a Insurgent group rather than a terrorist group is probably because some would argue that they are old government body of the country fighting to regain that control.

I am not referring to the designation of the Taliban by Government. I am talking about the labels attached to the Taliban by the public consciousness. My point is highlighted by many of your post in this thread where you say, "I would call the Taliban terrorist but...."

The fact is the Taliban did not attack us prior to 9/11. The Taliban did not attack us in any way on 9/11. The Taliban was just as surprised by the events of 9/11 as the public in the USA was. We invaded their Country to capture or kill Osama Bin Laden. We invaded and brought war to the Taliban for what? Bush demanded they turn over OBL, the Taliban never refused to do so. In fact they said they would be happy to turn him over if the US could provide proof that he was directly involved in the attacks of 9/11. The Bush Administration refused to provide proof. After the bombing began, the Taliban then said they would turn over OBL if the US would just stop bombing. The Bush Administration again refused.

OBL is dead. So why are we in Afghanistan still fighting the Taliban? We invaded their Country, so they are terrorist for fighting back? They are the insurgents? Sorry but I disagree.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Star and Flag just for the PEW! PEW! PEW!
edit on 2/1/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
REALLY? Now we have to worry about what group of terrorists did what? They are all brutal killers that deserve to receive the same. I personally don't give a damn what label they call themselves...if they are a group of killers, treat them as such.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Wow some nice thinly veiled attacks in this thread.

When the us invaded Afghanistan was in the middle of a civil war... Anyone remember the northern alliance that was backed by many nations... Or the fact that al queda backed the taliban.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
The Taliban are not a terrorist group...
Afghanistani Insurgency!
Not recognised as Terror Cell by UK & US...

Tehrik-i-Taliban are a terrorist group...
Pakistani Terror Network!
Recognised as Terror Cell by UK & US...

One wars with tribes, police, military & invaders...
Afghanistani Insurgency!

The other massacres school children...
Pakistani Terror Cell!

If I got anything wrong, I will happily apologize. I could have sworn the Taliban was a part of the massacre. Again, if I got that wrong, my apologies.

So you work for FOX news eh? It's FOX news if they report anything in the ME they won't bother with pointing out the different factions they just lump them all together and call them terrorist.

lol and NONE of the other networks do that.... nooooooo

rofl

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join