It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Red Orbs Above Tampa, FL Near Stadium

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Ok first off I am just on a lunch break from work so if this goes into another forum be my guest. I just saw two redglowing orbs flying above Tampa, FL right now between 9:00 pm and 9:10 pm. They appeared to be at about the elevation a helicopter that patrols this area normally flies, but there was absolutley no sound whatsoever. They were going South following Himes Avenue seemingly going towards Raymond James Stadium. I only saw one at first in the sky and was kind of taken aback. After going down south a little bit, I noticed the second one following close by. When I stopped at the light I got out of the car and asked the two other cars to look up and see what this # was. These things were hovering over a densly populated urban center only a mile or so north of our football stadium.

I was trying to flag everyone down I could find and tell them to look up and help me identify wtf these things were. A few people looked up and were curious as to what they were.

If anyone else saw these things, please help me find out what they were. I reaqched for my phone only to remember I dont carry it since I have not had service since December.

This was definetly radiant light and not porjected light. Projected light has a transparent look, this light looked similar to like a giant lantern burning in the sky just flying around. Can anyone direct me to resources that would identify everything in the sky above my city travelling that direction at this time of night??

I heard no sound from them at all and they were flying at helicopter distance.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

Did they seem to fly in a purposeful manner, or did they "drift" and "float"?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Could they have been drone quadcopters with red lights? They are whisper quiet and readily available for sporting event camera coverage, or it could have been a couple of people screwing around with them. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I was thinking about the quadcopters or the Chinese lanterns that float, as a first suggestion. Not to say that's what it was by any means, just throwing out plausible ideas...

Did they do anything out of the ordinary? Move spectacularly fast, for example?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Maybe they are just surveillance drones they are testing out.

The red light you see may just be a powerful 360* infrared camera.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Maybe they are just surveillance drones they are testing out.

The red light you see may just be a powerful 360* infrared camera.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Looks like my 2x post killed this thread. Probably just chinese latterns.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
First swamp apes...now orbs...sounds like Tampa is getting exciting.
At least we can watch something other than taillights for a change...my buddies shot some orbs off of st.pete beach, that looked like big illuminated jellyfish zipping around a couple of months ago...ill try n get some pics tmro...they didn't turn out very well though.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Saw the "orbs", there was three by the time it flew over. They stayed in a formation and moving at least helicopter level. Tried to get a pic but they were almost gone by the time I got my phone out. They had an orangish light to them which made me think oriental light but moved pretty fast. Phone camera didn't catch the color. By the time it flew over here it was past 1130.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
If it was 9pm it must have been pretty dark.
Could you see anything between the orbs as they flew?
And were they flying at the same spped?
Now that a poster has seen a third, I'd like to know the same from them...
Is it possible that what you saw was a triangle craft with 3 lights? There has been an increase in sightings of those as of late, and I've seen or heard of more than a few reports of three orbs "flying in formation," with other people reporting only seeing two, or one, then three, then two - because it's one ship that's moving maybe? Different perspectives?
Just wondering if that's a possibility, or if you saw anything that could rule that out, like the clouds or buildings behind them visible between them as well.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asksa
Saw the "orbs", there was three by the time it flew over. They stayed in a formation and moving at least helicopter level. Tried to get a pic but they were almost gone by the time I got my phone out. They had an orangish light to them which made me think oriental light but moved pretty fast. Phone camera didn't catch the color. By the time it flew over here it was past 1130.

If you could just give me a clue as to what street in tampa you were on at the time you saw, I want to know if it matches up with the directions I saw them travel.

I remember the chinese lantern things from a walk for leukemia awhile back it did not look like that to me. I am going to pull up a google map image of exactly where I was when I saw them travelling southbound following Himes Avenua @ Hillsborough west. They were travelling at the same speed. The light on the first grew fainter as it passed me at the light.
It was interesting because the second one at first came in quicker like if it was trying to catch up, and then matched it. They were not going fast, and Im certain they were flying at about the level the police chopper patrols when it is not pursuing a target from the intensity of the light.

I believe it may have been drones myself. Helicopter has flown right over my building four times in the last ten minutes up to me typing this, if you guys want to talk to me, just knock on the door.

Ok cool, here is the location where I saw the possible drones flying south on Himes avenue. I was looking up from the parking lot of that plaza where I was yelling at people at the laundry to look up and they like "Que!?" so I drove to the light. It was red. Three cars stopped around me, and the orbs flew right over us. Im standing outside the car pleading for people to just look up im not crazy. The old ladys next to me roll the windows down and looked after I told them in Spanish, they appeared puzzled at the lights as well, but then the light turned green and we all kept going.

There is a city CCTV in the southwest corner of the intersection standing at least 80 feet high. I wonder if it had a view of the sky it was facing out at. Anyone travelling north on dale mabry would have to have seen it once they hit the overpass. Its impossible that there are at least ten thousand people living within a half square mile of this intersection which is only a couple miles from the Airport, The football Stadium, the Yankees spring training facility, the district two police station, Hillsborough community college, a Sheriff's sub station, and nearly a dozen major car dealers.

Where can I search on the internet that tells me if other people reported this somewhere from my community? Do such channels exist??
edit on 1/31/2015 by DYepes because: coordinates

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I also want to add that there was no unusual electro magnetic interference or anything strange like that of the kind, so I dont think it was ET's. But I am curious what kind of drones they may have been, and they had to be drones.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I expect you saw real ufo orbs DYepes. Congratulations on your encounter. Ignore the swamp gas talk, these things do exist. Keep your eyes peeled at the same location at the same time as these things often turn up again for a short while.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

well then its lucky I work there in that plaza and my shift falls within that timeframe. I will ask around with the people who shop the area. I am going to be keeping a nice camera in a hidden part of my car from now on to have ready. This # was the real deal. I have been watching the skies for the last couple of years very carefully, and live right under the arriving landings for the airport. Cargo and passenger jets fly right overhead all day and night, makes for a wonderful viewing during the busy times.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
If you get the opportunity take a flashlight with you, point it in the region you saw them and flash it three times. It may help bring them back.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
I expect you saw real ufo orbs DYepes. Congratulations on your encounter. Ignore the swamp gas talk, these things do exist. Keep your eyes peeled at the same location at the same time as these things often turn up again for a short while.

Homeland Security Drones do exist and are flown near big events like this which might represent terrorist targets.

News agencies also operate drones and may have been test flying them before Sunday's game.

Police also operate drones.

The NFL itself may even have some.

So yes, drone's exist and overeager people often mistake them for something more mysterious. The original poster seems to think they are drones, they flew like drones, etc yet you're telling him "oh they're our there, don't believe anyone if they say it's swamp gas'... as if..

(facepalm)
edit on 31-1-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
so you think two red orbs are ours? nah there's no way they our operated by us.

a reply to: JadeStar

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I have read and seen countless videos this week, from several states on the object that you describe. This really has my attention now!
My husband and I seen it a few times in 2011. Hovering over a treeline that's around a cornfield. It was really exciting!
S&F

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes

originally posted by: Asksa

If you could just give me a clue as to what street in tampa you were on at the time you saw, I want to know if it matches up with the directions I saw them travel.

I remember the chinese lantern things from a walk for leukemia awhile back it did not look like that to me. I am going to pull up a google map image of exactly where I was when I saw them travelling southbound following Himes Avenua @ Hillsborough west. They were travelling at the same speed. The light on the first grew fainter as it passed me at the light.
It was interesting because the second one at first came in quicker like if it was trying to catch up, and then matched it. They were not going fast, and Im certain they were flying at about the level the police chopper patrols when it is not pursuing a target from the intensity of the light.

I believe it may have been drones myself. Helicopter has flown right over my building four times in the last ten minutes up to me typing this, if you guys want to talk to me, just knock on the door.

Ok cool, here is the location where I saw the possible drones flying south on Himes avenue. I was looking up from the parking lot of that plaza where I was yelling at people at the laundry to look up and they like "Que!?" so I drove to the light. It was red. Three cars stopped around me, and the orbs flew right over us. Im standing outside the car pleading for people to just look up im not crazy. The old ladys next to me roll the windows down and looked after I told them in Spanish, they appeared puzzled at the lights as well, but then the light turned green and we all kept going.

There is a city CCTV in the southwest corner of the intersection standing at least 80 feet high. I wonder if it had a view of the sky it was facing out at. Anyone travelling north on dale mabry would have to have seen it once they hit the overpass. Its impossible that there are at least ten thousand people living within a half square mile of this intersection which is only a couple miles from the Airport, The football Stadium, the Yankees spring training facility, the district two police station, Hillsborough community college, a Sheriff's sub station, and nearly a dozen major car dealers.

Where can I search on the internet that tells me if other people reported this somewhere from my community? Do such channels exist??

Near the hillsborough river on north boulevard heading towards Martin Luther King jr.

To respond to the other poster yes it was a bit triangular. The first light was further ahead then the second and third. The second and third were about the same distance away from the first.

No sound, bright orange lights. Looked up saw it and it was past the trees within a few seconds.
No idea what it was total wtf is that moment.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Asksa

yes it sounds like you saw the same thing flying southbound. I am also keeping in mind that today was Gasparella parade invasion of the pirates. Not to mention that the TPD had an app out to report suspicious activity during the parade, which leads me more into believing they were drones. Having seen countless videos of different types of drones, they definitely felt like they were moving like drones. Just crazy that they were literally flying over our heads not more than a hundred or two feet above with no sound.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join