It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland cruisin' for a bruisin'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
We seem to be forgetting that Russian army is in Ukraine as we speak...the wolf is not just at the door ya know...hes in the living room.......

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

One thing I know from Polish friends over here, they are courageously engaged in pushing the boundaries as far as they can. Can[t help admiring their spirit but I do hope they rethink this one because the West is in the wrong and should be doing all it can to make friends with Russia. Such a huge enemy, with nuclear deterrent and army on our borders needs to be an ally not enemy.

Like everything, the US$ will fall eventually and we will all go onto another type of currency or back to smaller ones but I think its little beer as to the cost of really pis--ng Putin off.

I think people forget how easy it is to change country's boundary borders and the Poles had experience of this.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

No doubt you would be cheering for a war on Russia to.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
As far as history goes, Russia did not invade Poland. The USSR did. Judging a nation based on choices their past leaders made is pointless. Do we regard Germans as Nazis?

I think that the Poles have rather longer memories than that. They tend to remember the First, Second and Third Partitions of Poland. Which wiped it off the map for almost 150 years...
edit on 31-1-2015 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Poland and WWIII ?

If anyone were to do anything to Poland, you would then be in Europe's back yard. Russia can't sustain that fight. They would then be in direct contention with European countries of NATO and I don't think we will be mitigating that feud by talking about it. China cannot project authority beyond their borders so they won't be much help. Feeding a billion man army on the move and marching would be an impossible task for China logistically. India might have something to say about that as well. So, wwIII in Poland/Ukraine arms deal? Nope.

It would seem that everything that blows up in the world, the Yemen branch of terrorist or freedom fighters, call them what you want (ISIS or Al squido), take credit for it.

How long before Yemen becomes the next battleground?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Anyhow, what do you guys think?

That Poland is a sovereign nation and is doing what it thinks is best for the circumstances. Poland is not the only nation providing assistance to the Ukrainian government.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
Poland and WWIII ?

Russia can't sustain that fight.

You trying to be funny? Russia is the biggest country on Planet earth by a long mile. Thus it has the largest resourses. It is self sufficient here, it can live off its own back regarding fuels, oils, metals, powr generation. The rest of Europe is joke stuff in comparison. Russia has the resourses to maintain the fight indefinitely. Only the USA has something resembling these resourses, forget the rest.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

As far as history goes, Russia did not invade Poland. The USSR did. Judging a nation based on choices their past leaders made is pointless.

You might want to look back a little further then. Russia and Poland have been in constant conflict for hundreds of years prior to the USSR ever existing. Heck, at one point the Poles actually seized and occupied Moscow.

As far as history goes, Poland knows Russia has a long memory and plenty of grudges to settle. You're not dealing with "past leaders" now, you're dealing with an national psyche - and with good reason.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kusinjo
...It might work once because no one saw it coming. (Being a peewee league play) But will NEVER be allowed a second time.

Which is exactly what people said after WWI... or "The Great War" as they called it, seeing as they were going to ensure there was never going to be a second one.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

How long before Yemen becomes the next battleground?

The next battleground...it has always been a battleground for islamic fundamentalists, as it's more of a safe haven that isn't so safe anymore.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

A major war in Europe is looming. Wonder if Britain withdrawing from Germany was part of the plan.....

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Last time Poland didn't take steps and got smoked, this time around they plan on being ready..

Those of you laughing at Poland obviously never studied any of the battles fought there. The courage and spirit of the people is as strong as any nations.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

Russia has been THE ONLY ONE trying to defuse the situation. United States of Ukraine (empire of chaos) has been THE ONLY ONES spitting in the face of compromise.

Then why is this happening?

Rebel delegates called off peace talks with Kiev's pro-western leaders on Friday, while at least seven civilians were killed by shelling in the rebel-held city of Donetsk.
Donetsk rebel representative, Denis Pushilin, insisted that the rebels' ongoing offensive was a way to protect the civilians from Ukrainian artillery fire and said they would go ahead with it unless Kiev stopped shelling rebel-held areas.
"The situation has worsened and it is forcing us to go on offensive,''
Pushilin said they would be ready to resume the ceasefire that was brokered in September and withdraw heavy weaponry, but the demarcation line would have to take into account the rebels' recent advance.

Al-Jazeera [Emphasis mine --DJW001

Apart from the attacks in Donetsk, most of Friday's fighting appeared to be focused around Debaltseve, a government-held town of around 25,000 within rebel-territory. The town is regarded as strategically significant as it straddles a railway line that connects Donetsk with the other major rebel-held town, Luhansk. The rebels claim to have almost encircled Debaltseve.

The ongoing fighting - and cancellation of the latest planned peace talks, have caused fresh alarm in the West. A day after European Union foreign ministers agreed to extend sanctions against Russia over its alleged support of the rebels, French President Francois Hollande and Polish Prime Minister Ewa Kopacz called on the Kremlin to cut off support to the separatists.

AFP quoted a joint statement released by the two leaders following a meeting in Paris, in which they called for an immediate ceasefire in eastern Ukraine.

"We call on Russia to immediately contribute to a political solution by ceasing all forms of support to the separatists in eastern Ukraine," the statement said.

Deutsche Welle

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kusinjo
I agree with you EU became the aggressors in this situation when they tried to buy Ukraine away from Russian interests.

The EU never tried to 'buy' Ukraine. The people living in Ukraine saw the great living standards of most countries in the EU and correctly felt that joining the EU would be a smart move financially. They are late in following a dozen other countries who wanted to do the same thing and were never 'bought'. In fact the exact opposite of what you said is true, because Putin lent Ukraine $3 Billion dollars all up front just MONTHS before the government changed course and stopped the EU accession agreement. That is clear proof of Russia trying to 'buy' Ukraine. You are 100% wrong.

It was a bold move Putin made by reclaiming Crimea the way he did.

So Turkey, Greece, Sweden, the Mongols and a dozen other peoples are allowed to 'reclaim' Ukraine because they owned it in the past? Nice international law your proposing there.

I'd go on buy you're football references to a current invasion and war are stupid.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Battle of Wizna. I may laugh at Polish jokes, but after studying that battle I'll never laugh at the Polish military.

And with the latest upgrades they're getting, and the training they've been doing with the USAF they're as dangerous a force as anyone else in the area, despite their size.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yup that's the one that made me dig a bit deeper into their history, when the fighting starts they don't quit.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Kusinjo

What I find interesting is if they have such a long memory of Russia,why not Germany as well? Why would they trust Germany since they too were trying to 'slice up Poland". It would seem to me that they would be just as worried about them.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Germany isn't trying to annex their neighbors.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Size is Poland's weakness of course....that's why they are training guerrilla warfare to citizens!!!

www.economist.com...

The Poles take invasion seriously!

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
a reply to: Elton

No doubt you would be cheering for a war on Russia to.

Fun how you just made that up.

Guess you are just looking for a fight, lol.

Feel free to troll elsewhere.

edit on 31-1-2015 by Elton because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join