It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to help people like me who have C-Diff? Sell your poop!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Perhaps they should hold open houses at whole foods and gyms or trader joes??? I will be applying to be screened for poop. Time to cash in on this brown gold.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Feel free to add me and PM me the diet. I'll look it over and it I'm able to, who knows, maybe I can add a few things here and there until I can add more and more as I go.

This diet is not some kind of recipe or a pill to swallow. This is a metabolic state you want to attain, and for that you have to do somes measurements, like taking glucose level in blood (like diabetic), taking ketones bodies in urine (like diabetic) and taking pH level in urine.

My system (if I can say it is mine), is a combination of the well established ketogenic diet, and a somewhat crazy theory of mine that carbonhydrate food is toxic to human. A subset of this theory is that high level of glucose in blood is VERY bad and the source of a mecanism called 'Advanced Glycation End-product' that cause pain among other things. Of interest is the fact that Fructose is many many time more prone to make 'Advanced Glycation End-product'.

The goal is to keep your body in a CONTROLLED state of ketosis and avoid as much carb food producing directly Fructose/Glucose (your body is very capable making the little glucose it need by itself). After an adaptation time, your body will adapt to this new metabolic state, the brain will start gradually to consume ketones bodies as food, and with time will use it nearly for 90% of its need. Told in others word, you want to convert the metabolism of your body to stop as much possible using glucose from carb food.

Believe it or not, but human are not well adapted to carb food, and my theory (not just mine) is that it is the source of many "modern" diseases.

You said you would begin changing your diet gradually, thats fine because this diet shall not be taken slightly, it can be dangerous because, even if we are "designed" for it, we are born in another metabolic state and changing back at 40 year age is not trivial, but not impossible.

You said you have now a good physician, it would be wise to get him "on board". My mate have her neurologist very pleased by this diet and is very interested by the positive outcome.

I'm sorry to say we don't have any kind of web page or books to offer. My mate run some sort of little Facebook group on the subject but it is only in French, I'm pushing for her to learn English but she's not there yet... Also this group offer no instruction, it's just to get feedback from others doing similar experiments.

Maybe somedays I shall write something but the experiment is still ongoing and I always been shocked by the complete lack of interest peoples have for this diet.

Also, I don't know how to send PM using this site and don't know if I can receive them (I always disable every _javascript "things" I can for security). I have no problem to help you if you decide to try it and provide you with link, but as I said, there is no fixed recipe, there is just sets of goal to attain and maintain.

I hope it does not discourage you, my mate now has the opignion that it is not so hard as it seemed when she began one year ago.

edit on 2015-1-31 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Sheeeet.

All this time, I could have been selling my #. Literally.
edit on 31-1-2015 by OrphanApology because: Video has been removed. Eh. Look up the wire and Senator Davis on YT

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
You can earn up to $13,000/year!

You can donate blood, plasma, eggs, and sperm. Why not poop? Yes, your feces are perhaps your greatest untapped monetary resource. Thanks to a nonprofit organization called OpenBiome, you can cash in to the tune of $13,000 a year -- and save lives while you're at it.

Since 2013, OpenBiome has been processing and shipping loads of it all over the country. The frozen stool is administered to patients who are very sick with infections of a bacteria called C. difficile. The bacteria can cause extreme gastrointestinal distress, leaving some sufferers housebound. Antibiotics often help, but sometimes the bacteria rears back as soon as treatment stops. That leads to a miserable, continuous course of antibiotics.

By introducing healthy fecal matter into the gut of a patient (by way of endoscopy, nasal tubes, or swallowed capsules) doctors can abolish C. difficile for good. Finding a donor is tough business, and some patients grow so desperate that they treat themselves with fecal matter from friends and family. That's what happened to a friend of OpenBiome's founders, inspiring them to open up the first nationwide bank. So far they've shipped about 2,000 treatments to 185 hospitals around the country.

(Yeah, sooooo not doing that! I'd rather suffer thanks! LOL I believe my doctor went about things a different way, but definitely would skip this treatment if it were ever suggested. *shudders*)

There's a catch: You don't just have to be healthy. You have to be really healthy. OpenBiome's donation procedure may be as easy as your standard bowel movement, but the selection process makes giving blood look like a walk in the park.

"It's harder to become a donor than it is to get into MIT," joked co-founder Mark Smith (who would know, as he got his PhD in microbiology there). Of the 1,000 or so potential donors who've expressed interest on his Web site over the past two years, only about 4 percent have passed the extensive medical questioning and stool testing.

The screening process can cost up to $5,000 -- so when someone makes it through, Smith and his co-founders hold on tight.

In all honesty though, if it helps very severe sufferers, worse off than me, I think it's great. Who knows where the technology can lead us. Maybe they can learn to isolate the bacteria in the feces and replicate so that eventually it won't gross people out, AND it will be easier to reproduce. Hopefully anyway.

Wow!

Crazy story. But these stories are aw inspiring. Really. Because hacking the body in weird ways is always interesting.

It'll prolly be eggshells and tree climbing that cure cancer.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join