It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Racism against Extraterrestrials.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
There may be some.. if they landed or revealed themselves.. i would be screaming fallen angels or nephilim.. is that racism?.. I'm more concerned about worship.. a lot of threads on here are already along those lines.... Light workers, ascended master's, ascended beings, wasn't affected by original sin so their more righteous, our creator's, blah blah blah. .

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: HooHaa
There may be some.. if they landed or revealed themselves.. i would be screaming fallen angels or nephilim.. is that racism?.. I'm more concerned about worship.. a lot of threads on here are already along those lines.... Light workers, ascended master's, ascended beings, wasn't affected by original sin so their more righteous, our creator's, blah blah blah. .

If extraterrestrials landed the last thing they'd likely be concerned about is worship other than perhaps hoping we're advanced enough not to go all cargo cult on them.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
To be honest, I'd much prefer a world with mixed sentient species from space as opposed to what we have here on Earth. I openly welcome all the different peoples, humanoid or not, that space has to offer.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Its not racism, its called Speciesism

Actually calling it "Specieism" (not properly spelled), as opposed to racism is a racist remark...

Consider: when a Terrestrial refers to an animal of say the Cat or Feline family, they might say; "A species of Cat." However, IF that same person refers to an intelligent being, such as a Human, they typically say; "A race of Humans".

What is just as informative; when that person refers to a member of the general species that Humans belong to, who isn't a "Human" that poor creature is suddenly a "species".

You are using two words with the same meaning and using it to divide those life forms into "categories", that are wholly artificial, and self-serving. The use such language constructs only serves to further isolate and support a position of presumed evolution which typically isn't supported by science.

To remove ET from the classification of "Race" and demote him to a "Species" (even IF that is more proper, scientifically) can only be understood as an attempt to diminish ET to a point of insignificance, and make him equal to something less than the family dog.

And after all that; you would want us to accept you as an intelligent race.

@HooHaa

There may be some.. if they landed or revealed themselves.. i would be screaming fallen angels or nephilim.. is that racism?

Absolutely yes...that is classic racism.

edit on 31-1-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

My point about spirituality is that, hopefully, the extraterrestrials have more of a hippy personality and less of a "exterminate all beings that aren't like us" personality

So most of the encounters where people say they have been manipulated or implanted by aliens suggests to you they are benign? Do they follow some sort of universal love code? How do we even know they have spirits? For all you know they may be machines. Call it xenophobia or whatever I trust no one from outer or inner space.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidFire

I'd much prefer a world with mixed sentient species from space as opposed to what we have here on Earth

You sound so ignorant. You would compare an unknown to a readily identifiable humanity with their own warts and all. Would you plunge your hand into an aquarium with sharks where the obvious risks are known. What makes you trust an unknown alien species? You have no facts observations let alone knowing if they think like humans or even if they have ethical codes. Thats a lot of conjecture.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

How does he sound ignorant? I readily agree, humans are terribly boring.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
We see it already. ..
Many call them demons now and will if they turn up just because their religion will die off.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
We see it already. ..
Many call them demons now and will if they turn up just because their religion will die off.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

I thought my post was fairly clear...heres a definition of ignorant, lacking knowledge as in the "unknown Alien"

adjective
lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

But fair enough he said its a preference and they're entitled to it. Its sad that you find humans boring. You search for alien unknowns to mitigate boredom? So that means you have exhausted all human experience and need a non human experience. Be careful that you dont start a new age alien religion. Raelism comes to mind. Or how about the Bard of Eunuchs

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: VoidFire

I'd much prefer a world with mixed sentient species from space as opposed to what we have here on Earth

You sound so ignorant. You would compare an unknown to a readily identifiable humanity with their own warts and all. Would you plunge your hand into an aquarium with sharks where the obvious risks are known. What makes you trust an unknown alien species? You have no facts observations let alone knowing if they think like humans or even if they have ethical codes. Thats a lot of conjecture.

Here is an observation; Any advanced space-faring race is fully capable of, and probably (quite high) uses, the same kinds and levels of organization, science, and engineering as Terrestrial Humans. So that provides significant insight into the thought processes, wants and needs, etc.

If One were to actually devote a small amount of research, they would likely find that ET isn't so very different than your typical Terrestrial Human.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join