It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Racism against Extraterrestrials.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Now I know a lot of people are saying about the good things about Extraterrestrial contact, here is the question would we accept them as equals or would we discriminate against them?

Ever since the dawn of man, it is our nature to exclude those who are different from a particular group. For example, not too long ago in the US people were forced to use separate facilities just because of their skin color.

Now imagine if that person isn't human but completely different from us. It would be far more easy for us to enslave and justify genocide against them. In fact during the colonization of the Americas many of the natives were simply called "stone age savages" or "heathens" and it's still going on even today.

So far some movies like Avatar covers that scenario but other forms of media covers that as well. For example, in many Star Wars expanded universe media it covers the racism of the Empire against non human species.

edit on 30-1-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Saw a pink colored grey right in front of me that lept to the side and vanished. Saw outlines appear and beings half showed themselves, half unzipped as I call it, while getting a checkup. Have memories of what the human ones looked like and their projections and telepathy. The way its done, one would question if its being done in a way that is safe and feels good, compared to showing up as themselves so to speak.

The way Lou Baldin describes it, not sure we would be wearing big enough diapers if they showed up. Think some of them wear their scarey monster suits too.

If real ETs show up, prejudice against them is going to be down on the list of priorities. If true benevolents show up first, they wouldn't be alarming in appearance and could alter how we see them perhaps, if there is anything too unusual about their appearance. But racism or rather being specist with them is less of a concern than realizing that they're way over our heads, this isn't an even platform. There are many ways to compare, metaphorically, we're ants to them or very small children more positive perhaps, this isn't an equality thing as if we're equal in mind and form or anything.
edit on 30-1-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I would say the beings themselves we see, are 'AVATAR" bodied entities.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
too much district 9 ...lol

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

This image would have gone perfectly with your OP:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Considering it is highly unlikely that we have the capabilities (currently) of arriving on the doorstep of an advanced alien species, the more likely scenario is that they arrive here.....if that were to be the case, then I strongly doubt that our racism towards them is really going to be an issue.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Now imagine if that person isn't human but completely different from us. It would be far more easy for us to enslave and justify genocide against them. In fact during the colonization of the Americas many of the natives were simply called "stone age savages" or "heathens" and it's still going on even today.

I think that if we were to run into intelligent life from some other planet it would be most likely they coming to us. As such it would be they calling us the stone age savages, as they take our land enslave and genocide us all to oblivion.

We all have such hopes that folks from someplace other than here, are loving caring people, but at least 50% of alien abduction stories that I have read about and heard about don't sound real uplifting, what with the anal probing and all.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll

Considering it is highly unlikely that we have the capabilities (currently) of arriving on the doorstep of an advanced alien species, the more likely scenario is that they arrive here.....if that were to be the case, then I strongly doubt that our racism towards them is really going to be an issue.

I quote that for truth LOL

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Punisher75

I think that if we were to run into intelligent life from some other planet it would be most likely they coming to us. As such it would be they calling us the stone age savages, as they take our land enslave and genocide us all to oblivion.

We all have such hopes that folks from someplace other than here, are loving caring people, but at least 50% of alien abduction stories that I have read about and heard about don't sound real uplifting, what with the anal probing and all.

Unfortunately, they'll probably have about as much empathy for us as we do for lab rats.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Unfortunately, they'll probably have about as much empathy for us as we do for lab rats.

If we are lucky, they will think about us that way.
Lab Rats at least have Peta to think about them right? What if they don't have such a group as Peta?
edit on 30-1-2015 by Punisher75 because: clairity

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Damned Slags took urr jerbs!!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: eyeinoz
too much district 9 ...lol

Or South Park.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Punisher75

originally posted by: Answer

If we are lucky, they will think about us that way.
Lab Rats at least have Peta to think about them right? What if they don't have such a group as Peta?

If we're lucky, they've reached an advanced stage because they're spiritually enlightened and they avoid harming other beings at all costs.

That's one of the prevailing scientific theories about advanced races... they couldn't have made it that far if they were violent. Although the opposite could also be true: they're advanced because they conquer other races and steal their technology.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Now I know a lot of people are saying about the good things about Extraterrestrial contact, here is the question would we accept them as equals or would we discriminate against them?

Ever since the dawn of man, it is our nature to exclude those who are different from a particular group. For example, not too long ago in the US people were forced to use separate facilities just because of their skin color.

So far some movies like Avatar covers that scenario but other forms of media covers that as well. For example, in many Star Wars expanded universe media it covers the racism of the Empire against non human species.

Dude, i have totally considered this before.

For example, the scary and strange representations of aliens on all these shows, the fear, etc. I've often thought whether this is just a form of bigotry due to fear of the unknown.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This thread made me think of a show I used to watch. Have you ever heard of Alien Nation? If not, check it out. You can watch episodes and movies here.. It's a good show, or at least I thought it was, and deals with the question raised in this thread perfectly.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
This thread made me think of a show I used to watch. Have you ever heard of Alien Nation? If not, check it out. You can watch episodes and movies here.. It's a good show, or at least I thought it was, and deals with the question raised in this thread perfectly.

One of my favorite movies.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

I hadn't thought of it for years until this thread was posted. Now, I'm going to have to go back and watch it.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Ah, yes! The coming problem with accepting the ETs, not just as visitors on a holiday, but as neighbors among us. In recognizing the human propensity to shun, dislike and hate others that are different in any number of ways from manner of speech, clothing, ideologies or appearances, Houston, we do have a problem.

Hence, the big push of the word Diversity in the last few years, taking the place of the misused word "equality." And you thought diversity was intended to allow differences between only earth's cultures and societies. Yes, but nope. It was intended for a far vaster audience. The aliens are coming, but it will take awhile as we attempt to stabilize a few messy details before their arrival. The official PR and PC work due to social engineering will help get us over the hump. We do need to get some peace and quiet and beyond those old-fashioned territorial concepts anyway.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Spoiler alert .

According to the hitchikers guide to the galaxy quote below . There aren't nor can their be lifeforms other than those present on earth .

“It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.”
― Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Try as i might i cant reason this logic away .

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

We have need to get over racism before we could ever expect to see aliens without prejudice. I think aliens may give people a reason to get over thier racism.

Now if aliens are racist that may be a even bigger problem. . .

I think aliens will mostlikely be more advanced than us and look at our world as savage in some ways yet advanced in others.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join